COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Now... my Tom cat was very grateful and brought my a couple gifts last night.. he’d been hunting. I know no one wants to celebrate the loss of 1 more gopher ( except me ?) but I did get to rescue an adorable flying squirrel. He promptly brings me his catch bedside and then proceeds to meowl very loudly until I acknowledge him. The second time around, when he meowled, his catch ran!!! So I jumped up 86341882-A85C-44D7-BE57-E72A8F6BE8C1.jpegand quickly flipped the lights... and the chase ensued. I had to grab the cat first, and then while holding the cat, grab a wash rag to catch the critter. I’m sure I made an interesting picture jumping and grabbing all over from the bedroom into the living room, but I finally caught the little booger who thankfully was no worse for his adventure. He was released in to the big oak and will hopefully be more cautious where he feeds at night..

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all. Happy turkey day here in the us.. Today I am thankful for all my family and friends ( this includes my four legged family ) and all of life’s blessings. I’ve learned to take nothing for granted and don’t live life with regrets. It’s much better to make the best of what you have than to bemoan what you don’t..

In my house, we are only having the turkey that’s in the dressing... outside that, there is a large smoked spiral ham, a sweet potato casserole, a green been casserole and deviled eggs.. I don’t know what dessert is because my friend Becky is bringing that. I anticipate my Brother to put in an appearance and Hubby should make it home for a plate . I hope my dad makes it but he had his 3rd round of chemo so it’s doubtful. I can take him a plate later though..
Wow, Keep me a plate, I am on my way.

And awe awe, I just read your post about bemoaning what you don't have and being thankful for what you do have just after I did exactly that.

I take it back. I do, I promise to take it back.

mmmmmm Okay let me bemoan what I have now................ I am thankful for my family and that both my Husband and myself still have our jobs. I am thankful that both my sons are good children and I have to do very little with regards to their studies.

And I am thankful that I have a garden to retreat to when I need some peace and tranquility.

Have an AWESOME THANKS GIVING EVERYONE WHO CELEBRATES. ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Now... my Tom cat was very grateful and brought my a couple gifts last night.. he’d been hunting. I know no one wants to celebrate the loss of 1 more gopher ( except me ?) but I did get to rescue an adorable flying squirrel. He promptly brings me his catch bedside and then proceeds to meowl very loudly until I acknowledge him. The second time around, when he meowled, his catch ran!!! So I jumped up View attachment 311807and quickly flipped the lights... and the chase ensued. I had to grab the cat first, and then while holding the cat, grab a wash rag to catch the critter. I’m sure I made an interesting picture jumping and grabbing all over from the bedroom into the living room, but I finally caught the little booger who thankfully was no worse for his adventure. He was released in to the big oak and will hopefully be more cautious where he feeds at night..
aahhhhh he is cuuuuuuutttteee. I agree, that was a missed opportunity to gawk at you chasing something around the house. Darn it, next time let me know in advance please so that I can change into my FLY on the Wall look and get to watch the shenanigans!!??

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Wow, Keep me a plate, I am on my way.

And awe awe, I just read your post about bemoaning what you don't have and being thankful for what you do have just after I did exactly that.

I take it back. I do, I promise to take it back.

mmmmmm Okay let me bemoan what I have now................ I am thankful for my family and that both my Husband and myself still have our jobs. I am thankful that both my sons are good children and I have to do very little with regards to their studies.

And I am thankful that I have a garden to retreat to when I need some peace and tranquility.

Have an AWESOME THANKS GIVING EVERYONE WHO CELEBRATES. ?
Mission accomplished!!! Have an awesome Thursday Carol.. I’ll save you that plate ?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Good morning all. Happy turkey day here in the us.. Today I am thankful for all my family and friends ( this includes my four legged family ) and all of life’s blessings. I’ve learned to take nothing for granted and don’t live life with regrets. It’s much better to make the best of what you have than to bemoan what you don’t..

In my house, we are only having the turkey that’s in the dressing... outside that, there is a large smoked spiral ham, a sweet potato casserole, a green been casserole and deviled eggs.. I don’t know what dessert is because my friend Becky is bringing that. I anticipate my Brother to put in an appearance and Hubby should make it home for a plate . I hope my dad makes it but he had his 3rd round of chemo so it’s doubtful. I can take him a plate later though..
I am doing the turkey with the stuffing and simple mashed potatoes with gravy, dessert is a scratch made peach cobbler sorry I can't give you some! Sending you best wishes for your ?!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

please don’t forget to make MY plate ..
One for Ray ....
One for Opo....
One for Carol....
Maggie wants one...
Pass the butter...? I mean dressing?....
One and one for my animal friends....
And.....
Oh yes......AND ONE FOR YOU!!!!!
Today! You need like a twenty minute time out. In a corner.... with a cigarette and a glass of wine....
Inhale...(wait 3).....exhale...(count 4)
Inhale...(wait 3).....exhale.....(count 4)
Are you feeling relaxed????.....good...
Ok now....
One plate for Yvonne
One plate for Tom
One plate for Joesmom
One plate for Blackdog.....
One plate for CathyG.....
We LOOOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!!
TRY to have a happy thanksgiving...
Let OTHER people do some stuff.
???
(Who say all dat stuff?).....?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Happy Thanksgiving all. The plan is a traditional baked honey-glazed Atlantic Salmon. Stuffed & baked Acorn squash. Some corn.

Even if you don’t have Twitter, you all should see this very cute bird house....

happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
It’s tradition here too.....
Everybody sits on their a**
And mom is running around ...
Some things never change...
And yet..... I am great full for that....
Why you ask?
My sister just got finished telling me that her 21-year-old son cannot pick up a 21 pound turkey out of the sink because he might hurt himself...!? WT....? SH*T?
(As Deadpool once said).
BUT....BUT.... I AM A GIRL!!! (At least the last time I checked?)...
Ingrates!!....
I’ll do it myself..... and yet...
I am great full...☺️
Last thing I want to clean today is
Mashed potatoes off the ceilings!!
YES THATS PLURAL!
and yet..... I AM GREATFUL!

That god will one day reincarnate me as my cherished Praying Mantis...... or a ? cricket.... which ever my holy lord wants.
?❤️

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
It’s tradition here too.....
Everybody sits on their a**
And mom is running around ...
Some things never change...
And yet..... I am great full for that....
Why you ask?
My sister just got finished telling me that her 21-year-old son cannot pick up a 21 pound turkey out of the sink because he might hurt himself...!? WT....? SH*T?
(As Deadpool once said).
BUT....BUT.... I AM A GIRL!!! (At least the last time I checked?)...
Ingrates!!....
I’ll do it myself..... and yet...
I am great full...☺
Last thing I want to clean today is
Mashed potatoes off the ceilings!!
YES THATS PLURAL!
and yet..... I AM GREATFUL!

That god will one day reincarnate me as my cherished Praying Mantis...... or a ? cricket.... which ever my holy lord wants.
?❤
You are too funny. My son and DIL are coming over for tacos...we are putting together a taco bar

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Happy Thanksgiving to all those of you who celebrate.

We have turkey and all the trimmings at Christmas... do you repeat the meal at Christmas or do something different?

As expected we are in the highest covid tier. Restaurants won’t reopen next week after national lockdown ends. It also removes all prospect of seeing our parents again this year.

The only time I was able to see my Mum this year was in October. We saw the in-laws in June and haven’t seen them since because MiLs anxiety meant they banned us from even going in the garden

My Mum is also in Tier 3, the in laws are step down in Tier 2. Son is also Tier 2 in London.

We have a 5 day amnesty December 23rd-27th but that isn’t going help us see our parents as it’s just too far and we’d have to spend Christmas in a hotel.

No idea whether son will come home for Christmas. It’s entirely possible he won’t. He moved in with his girlfriend a month back so they’ll work out what’s best for them :)

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

We have turkey and all the trimmings at Christmas... do you repeat the meal at Christmas or do something different?

As expected we are in the highest covid tier. Restaurants won’t reopen next week after national lockdown ends. It also removes all prospect of seeing our parents again this year.

The only time I was able to see my Mum this year was in October. We saw the in-laws in June and haven’t seen them since because MiLs anxiety meant they banned us from even going in the garden

My Mum is also in Tier 3, the in laws are step down in Tier 2. Son is also Tier 2 in London.

We have a 5 day amnesty December 23rd-27th but that isn’t going help us see our parents as it’s just too far and we’d have to spend Christmas in a hotel.

No idea whether son will come home for Christmas. It’s entirely possible he won’t. He moved in with his girlfriend a month back so they’ll work out what’s best for them :)
Wow! The wife is working from home guaranteed through March and no slowdown for my work. Bird is in the oven and we are off to go play tennis!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

We always do non-traditional food. Today is baked Atlantic Salmon. Just finished a few toast crusts with smoked salmon, goat cheese & sprinkled with a bit of black pepper & sea salt.

Christmas dinner - who knows., !

So many lockdowns.....sad.