COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
This is your revelry call, Good Morning Cold Dark Room!!! May your turkey be defrosting and your tort be giving you the stink eye!

yep.... that’s about right..
But then again..... she’s ALWAYS givin’ me the stank eye???? What’s up with that?
She don’t stop ... me gonna poke it! ???

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning! The blaring trumpet was a bit disturbing this morning if not motivational.. I’m only halfway through with my first cup of coffee!!!! We had a round of storms through last night and then some cold winds.. I did my critter rounds first thing this morning.. all are well:)

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good morning! The blaring trumpet was a bit disturbing this morning if not motivational.. I’m only halfway through with my first cup of coffee!!!! We had a round of storms through last night and then some cold winds.. I did my critter rounds first thing this morning.. all are well:)

hahahaha!!! Good morning!!!
Me toooo!!!!
Second cup of coffee is only half drunk!
Speaking of drunk I feel drunk till my third cup.??
Do you think black dog was a Sargent or a
General? Or a Cop!!!????
Yikes! I am only up at 3:40am when I have to go to work....
That’s why I sleep till 7-8am now.
And I’m getting old need more sleep.

ok all HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!
Do something I can read about tonight!!!
?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
My favorite bird feeder is a true crab apple tree I planted in our front yard. Butterflies, people, birds, etc... love the apples. When my brother David and I planted it we thought it was just an ornamental crab apple tree. But no it was a real crab apple tree! The crab apples are as big as regular apples and are edibles. I need a better bird book because I can't always identify my visitors.?
We have a Bramley apple tree outside our kitchen window - cooking apples. It is very old and the branches are covered in moss and lichen. It is a magnet for wildlife, especially the birds :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello. Not to be the bearer of bad news but it might be good news too. Doctors here have been noticing the lingering effect on patients that had covid. They were at first trying to say it was all in their heads. However, recovering doctors are going through the same thing and no longer believe that. So that might mean longer support measures for recovering people. At least hopefully.?
Well, we find out tomorrow what life after lockdown is going to be like. Parts of our county are pretty bad and we could well end up in the highest tier with most restrictions with them. It’s frustrating because we are a long way from these areas, but if it happens it happens and we’ll get on with it

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This is your revelry call, Good Morning Cold Dark Room!!! May your turkey be defrosting and your tort be giving you the stink eye!
I'm defrosting a duck ?. and will do turkey legs and thighs with the dressing. Sapphire heard me come into his room this morning. Then sashayed out for a bite to eat.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well, we find out tomorrow what life after lockdown is going to be like. Parts of our county are pretty bad and we could well end up in the highest tier with most restrictions with them. It’s frustrating because we are a long way from these areas, but if it happens it happens and we’ll get on with it
The county next to us is the highest level and a lot of our people work there. It's just a matter of time. I really don't mind the shutdown too much because it keeps my brother under lock and key. He doesn't have a clue how to keep himself even somewhat safe. I was just really glad that they won't sweep the lingering effects of covid-19 under the rug.maybe...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I really liked your cube in a cube sculpture of wood and wanted to share a picture because, Another of my brothers retired from the airforce. He's taking a college course working with metal. He made a cube in a cube and shared a picture of it today with me. He loves working with metal like that because it feels like sculpturing to him. When I first saw yours I thought of him... and vice versa.View attachment 311716
Wow!!!! that is beautiful. Your brother is very talented.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all. Happy turkey day here in the us.. Today I am thankful for all my family and friends ( this includes my four legged family ) and all of life’s blessings. I’ve learned to take nothing for granted and don’t live life with regrets. It’s much better to make the best of what you have than to bemoan what you don’t..

In my house, we are only having the turkey that’s in the dressing... outside that, there is a large smoked spiral ham, a sweet potato casserole, a green been casserole and deviled eggs.. I don’t know what dessert is because my friend Becky is bringing that. I anticipate my Brother to put in an appearance and Hubby should make it home for a plate . I hope my dad makes it but he had his 3rd round of chemo so it’s doubtful. I can take him a plate later though..

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Here in the Western Cape the numbers seem to be rising again. But I am not sure if they will put us under lockdown. If they did I am not even sure that most of the population will even listen. As they are all tired of this and unfortunately most South Africans don't do as they are told and live life however they want to. AND get away with it. But now I am moving into the political area and will stop talking.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes. I’ll send you my requirements. Drill press, table saw, lathe. Or, a ShopSmith - what I have....many tools thst all use one motor. Quite convenient. Saves space.

➡➡ https://www.shopsmith.com/markvsite/index.htm
That is so cool. I definitely will check into that. I have a brand new table saw still in the box. Looks like I will be taking it back.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope all have a wonderful day.?
is it Thanks Giving for you guys? Well Happy Thanks Giving to those who celebrate it. We are waiting for Christmas day on this side. That is if we have any money for then. :eek: I am pretty sure that there are a lot of people in the same boat over there.