COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
us too. It was normal, normal for Covid I mean, there WAS enuf t-paper, anyway Tuesday the govenoris of Oregon closed us again, Wednesday no t-paper, wipes, cleaning supplies. So my son and DIL are again running t-paper to me, oh and here's the latest...
I have a daughter, I don't think it has come up here, anyhow she lives in Richmond, Virginia, and has 2 grandson's of mine. I have not seen my daughter since she was 16. Never met either of the grandson's. So, one of the grandson's I have never met, corresponded with, and until a few years ago even knew he existed is coming out here to live with me and sleep in one of my reptile/plant rooms. Now I'm gonna go lay down as I have given myself a headache
Wow. Looks like you going to have fun.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I even had some hot leftover veggie soup for breakfast today. ? I actually do feel a bit better after the sneezing fits yesterday. It kinda sucks though now not having visitor's lately because now the 2 of us have to eat the leftovers. ?
You know you can freeze soup right. And then just defrost it when you need soup again. Saves you money and time.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It seems it's been quiet for days. I've been quiet because of the sniffles and a lack of energy... plus too many visitors. I've been here lurking around though. I've noticed a few others also ?
You know me. Come weekend that is when I work in the garden and do my projects etc. This weekend was purely garden work and I watched a few movies and got to sleep late for a change.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’ve just been busy! Good afternoon all:) I raked and blew leaves out of the tortoise yards this morning and then spent some quality time with my beasties!! Now must bathe my Cinder.. these are happy chores!!! Also, wanted to show you my confederate rose blooms that are changing colors..View attachment 311595View attachment 311596View attachment 311597View attachment 311598View attachment 311599
Ooooh I love that flower. I just got myself a few roses and will have to see how I do with roses. I would not mind having one of those in my garden as well. I will see if I can find them here.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Whew. So much for Sunday being a day of rest. We have a ton of leaves that needed raking, blowing & bagging. I put a lot of our leaves into our back garden to just compost naturally, but we also put a lot to be hauled away. Picked a few loofahs too.

Saw a YouTube video on making a cube-in-a-cube. Soooooo, for a break, we tackled that little puzzle project.

The Start
View attachment 311604

Halfway Through
View attachment 311605
The cube in a cube is going to be very interesting.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Mornooning All.
I really should one day do a panorama pic of my garden for you all. I have a climbing rose bush that is starting to flower. I took a photo or two for you guys. And a photo of another flower that I have ( I cannot remember the name). Only problem is that both are a deep deep red but every photo came out with it being a lighter red colour. It really does not do it justice. But anyway thought I would still share it.

And Have an awesome Monday everyone.

Attachments

• 20201120_180822.jpg
    20201120_180822.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201120_181042.jpg
    20201120_181042.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201120_190548.jpg
    20201120_190548.jpg
    843.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201120_190722.jpg
    20201120_190722.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 6

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Ooooh I love that flower. I just got myself a few roses and will have to see how I do with roses. I would not mind having one of those in my garden as well. I will see if I can find them here.
remember that roses like to keep their feet moist

Last edited:

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
May I ask why he needs help?
Well, I do make the things I do in life, good and bad, public. I always figure there's somebody that may benefit from my odd life's experience, but Matt is not me, and it wouldn't be right for me to put his life out on Front Street. I gave my daughter to her father when she was 3 years old. So I don't know her and have not had any contact with her but once when she was 16. I don't know what kind of person she is. I don't know any of those people. Frankly, I am very surprised that I was asked for help, as I am not that side's favorite person. Everybody seems to think that I am 1 person owning a 3 bdrm 2 ba house meaning I have extra room. Nothing could be farther from the truth. One bedroom has 3 tort tables and all those plants, with closet storage full and the other room has 4 tort tables and a 100 gallon water tank with one small turtle and a very noisy filter, all those plants and a full closet. I am a collector and animal hoarder and loner. I shoulda said no

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, I do make the things I do in life, good and bad, public. I always figure there's somebody that may benefit from my odd life's experience, but Matt is not me, and it wouldn't be right for me to put his life out on Front Street. I gave my daughter to her father when she was 3 years old. So I don't know her and have not had any contact with her but once when she was 16. I don't know what kind of person she is. I don't know any of those people. Frankly, I am very surprised that I was asked for help, as I am not that side's favorite person. Everybody seems to think that I am 1 person owning a 3 bdrm 2 ba house meaning I have extra room. Nothing could be farther from the truth. One bedroom has 3 tort tables and all those plants, with closet storage full and the other room has 4 tort tables and a 100 gallon water tank with one small turtle and a very noisy filter, all those plants and a full closet. I am a collector and animal hoarder and loner. I shoulda said no
I can totally understand you not sharing. I was being nosy, sorry for that, sometimes I cannot help myself. And as far as your house being full, if I did not have my husband keeping me in line, My house would most probably filled to the brim with animals, plants and all sorts of stuff. As I tend to collect things as well.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Whew. So much for Sunday being a day of rest. We have a ton of leaves that needed raking, blowing & bagging. I put a lot of our leaves into our back garden to just compost naturally, but we also put a lot to be hauled away. Picked a few loofahs too.

Saw a YouTube video on making a cube-in-a-cube. Soooooo, for a break, we tackled that little puzzle project.

The Start
View attachment 311604

Halfway Through
View attachment 311605
That's cool. Cant wait to get a little workshop set up in the shed.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good Mornooning All.
I really should one day do a panorama pic of my garden for you all. I have a climbing rose bush that is starting to flower. I took a photo or two for you guys. And a photo of another flower that I have ( I cannot remember the name). Only problem is that both are a deep deep red but every photo came out with it being a lighter red colour. It really does not do it justice. But anyway thought I would still share it.

And Have an awesome Monday everyone.
Beautiful!