COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Winter? No Winter here yet. Yes, yes, it gets cold at night but today it was in the high 60’s, almost 68 i think.

We had a nice morning kayaking. Nice temps, partly sunny & no winds.
View attachment 311534
We're not really having winter either. Only at night. I can't resist leaving a little bit of the cold crisp air in at night so I got the sniffles. Hot soup and staying in helped.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We're not really having winter either. Only at night. I can't resist leaving a little bit of the cold crisp air in at night so I got the sniffles. Hot soup and staying in helped.

Yeah, still warm. We always leave our bedroom window open. Fresh cool air is just good.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It can’t be this quiet in here.....can it be?

Sunday is work on the Ship’s Box & gardening day & yard cleaning. ogh, some relaxing & watching football too.

Here’s a quick picstitch of yesterday’s paddling group.

View attachment 311593
It seems it's been quiet for days. I've been quiet because of the sniffles and a lack of energy... plus too many visitors. I've been here lurking around though. I've noticed a few others also ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I’ve just been busy! Good afternoon all:) I raked and blew leaves out of the tortoise yards this morning and then spent some quality time with my beasties!! Now must bathe my Cinder.. these are happy chores!!! Also, wanted to show you my confederate rose blooms that are changing colors..B3487442-313C-4C0D-97C6-8D7F63EED7DB.jpegA2178686-E5CB-4A35-9966-8E00BEFE3DF6.jpeg5EE14DC9-14D9-416D-A1A3-5563ED3B1BFE.jpeg3452EF86-7CF5-4B04-8340-047045C83288.jpegDC3E8202-3456-4608-9E3E-9E6B58ACDBC3.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good mornooning all. My ear pain has eased, so I am hopeful it will clear completely.

We aren’t up to anything amazing due to lockdown. The house guttering needs clearing of moss... as long as the wind stays low enough to go up a long ladder.

We’ll go for a walk and I shall make a few more face masks to top up my supply. I’ve been selling them to raise funds for the rescue.
View attachment 311500
These are my current designs. I have made over 400 this year and raised over £1800!
It's funny that I also have a fabric that's really a close match to your butterfly mask. You're across the pond ? I wear mine regularly.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’ve just been busy! Good afternoon all:) I raked and blew leaves out of the tortoise yards this morning and then spent some quality time with my beasties!! Now must bathe my Cinder.. these are happy chores!!! Also, wanted to show you my confederate rose blooms that are changing colors..View attachment 311595View attachment 311596View attachment 311597View attachment 311598View attachment 311599
That's good news. And cute photos of you and your critters. If you've been able to be busy, things must be on the mend.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I’ve just been busy! Good afternoon all:) I raked and blew leaves out of the tortoise yards this morning and then spent some quality time with my beasties!! Now must bathe my Cinder.. these are happy chores!!! Also, wanted to show you my confederate rose blooms that are changing colors..View attachment 311595View attachment 311596View attachment 311597View attachment 311598View attachment 311599

Looking great! You have been really productive.....raking & blowing leaves is good for the back, mind n soul.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Whew. So much for Sunday being a day of rest. We have a ton of leaves that needed raking, blowing & bagging. I put a lot of our leaves into our back garden to just compost naturally, but we also put a lot to be hauled away. Picked a few loofahs too.

Saw a YouTube video on making a cube-in-a-cube. Soooooo, for a break, we tackled that little puzzle project.

The Start
952BC078-1CE0-4268-AC21-75E601AE7A8A.jpeg

Halfway Through
4F3C7F99-E8BB-489E-8DEB-6C6984288F99.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Looking great! You have been really productive.....raking & blowing leaves is good for the back, mind n soul.
Ohhhh LAWWWWDDDDD!!!! I may need more leaves ?........

NOT!!!! ????

I was going to burn a pile of limbs but just as I’d decided to light, the wind picked up too much for my comfort ... there’s a cold front blowing in!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh my...beautiful!!! We made it to 38 today. Freakin cold!!! I am such a sissie
I'm weird. I hate being cold and that's anything under 77f. So I'm more of a sissy then you. Yet I have to have a window cracked at night even in the winter. I'm not supposed to because of allergies but I just can't resist that cool night air. Plus I have nice fluffy blankets.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Whew. So much for Sunday being a day of rest. We have a ton of leaves that needed raking, blowing & bagging. I put a lot of our leaves into our back garden to just compost naturally, but we also put a lot to be hauled away. Picked a few loofahs too.

Saw a YouTube video on making a cube-in-a-cube. Soooooo, for a break, we tackled that little puzzle project.

The Start
View attachment 311604

Halfway Through
View attachment 311605

So that’s your secret... leaves!!!

Cube in cube is cool.. will anxiously await your finished project.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ohhhh LAWWWWDDDDD!!!! I may need more leaves ?........

NOT!!!! ????

I was going to burn a pile of limbs but just as I’d decided to light, the wind picked up too much for my comfort ... there’s a cold front blowing in!!!
Well that's a bonfire for a better day.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

The Start
View attachment 311604

Halfway Through
View attachment 311605

Not Quite Done
AC9719A6-2F4C-4E98-A424-5AE63F9A84FA.jpeg