COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Agree with Ellie May....that heat myth was really a myth.... cases here in the US just continued to climb and climb. More gatherings at beaches and campsites and activities. It spreads - hot or cold. We’re sadly going back into serious lock down mode again.....
Oh no. That is terrible. Our unemployment is now sitting at 30.7% so I don't think we can afford to go back into hard lockdown. There are so many people who have lost their jobs and those who kept theirs are being overworked with no compensation other than "you are lucky you still have a job' ....

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Oh Crap, have I missed the Christmas card posting list etc. Please someone add me to the conversation as I have not seen anything and I better get cracking. Oh dear I really have dropped the ball! ?
I haven’t done anytabout it. @Yvonne G got injured just as we started to talk about it and I plain forgot. Will get on to it today

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Last time I mentioned it Linda slapped my hand and said she'd get to it in good time. . . well, folks, there are only 42 more days until Christmas. That doesn't give us much time for the cards that go across the ocean.
I was going to do it at the weekend, then you got injured and I didn’t want to burden you... and then I forgot. It’ll be done this morning

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
To use Heathers word....Well crud I have caught up to myself again. And I am not nearly as interesting as you lot. It is Saturday and my nephews birthday party with his friends. You see how I work? I organize it so that I get to have cake twice. Yay lucky me. ?? And since I have promised some photo's ( damn side kick making promises that I now have to keep) I will need to attempt to look as good as Lena and Mark our resident professional photographers. Sjoe I have missed you guys so much. I just didn't realise how much.

Until later.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I was going to do it at the weekend, then you got injured and I didn’t want to burden you... and then I forgot. It’ll be done this morning
Don't worry about it Linda, One of us could also have done it. Besides most of us are just using last years list with one or two more people we have requested specifically for their address as we would like to include them for our own evil agendas. Wink wink and an extra Wink for good luck. ??

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all.

lUnlike @Mystic_Queen , the new lockdown has made little difference to life for us here. JoesDad and Daughter continue to work from home. Daughter needs to find a new flat, but that’s on hold until after lockdown.

I am continuing at the rescue on Mondays and Fridays. We aren’t training new volunteers any more, so I get to do more animal handling and less training. I did a trip to the Swan Sanctuary with a Grey Heron that had a broken leg. It’s quite a long trip, but they have better facilities than us for us with water birds.
6DE4CC23-AE70-44AA-B747-229F3899D19E.jpeg
And here are some of the ones who I have worked with.

A Sparrowhawk that was released this week.
B775A1C5-A833-4DEA-9BA1-930A261AEE6F.jpeg
A Kestrel also released this week
C3F04F39-2704-4BE0-BC3A-FEC3B7768B08.jpeg
And hedgehogs of course
6C6F5A17-4596-44D5-9B55-EE8FB223FAA8.jpeg
3CEA4582-92DB-452D-A0CF-131276128777.jpeg
And finally a Tawny Owl glaring at me yesterday
C2499CA4-8522-4B19-B19B-4CCA0ACBF029.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Thanks Heather....well there goes that theory. Well we will just have to sanitize the hell out of it then.? I promise that by the end of this weekend you will have some pics to see. And thank you about Milly, it was time. I really believe she is happier and besides, I will see her and her brother soon enough. How is your Dad and Jessica doing? All going as it should be I hope.
Everyone is stronger every day.. dad has done two of 4 sessions of Chemo and Jess has only 1 surgery next week now. it’s GOOD to be home. I’ll be glad to get through with next week and then maybe we can all be at peace for a while.. stay safe!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
To use Heathers word....Well crud I have caught up to myself again. And I am not nearly as interesting as you lot. It is Saturday and my nephews birthday party with his friends. You see how I work? I organize it so that I get to have cake twice. Yay lucky me. ?? And since I have promised some photo's ( damn side kick making promises that I now have to keep) I will need to attempt to look as good as Lena and Mark our resident professional photographers. Sjoe I have missed you guys so much. I just didn't realise how much.

Until later.
We missed you too Carol:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning all.

lUnlike @Mystic_Queen , the new lockdown has made little difference to life for us here. JoesDad and Daughter continue to work from home. Daughter needs to find a new flat, but that’s on hold until after lockdown.

I am continuing at the rescue on Mondays and Fridays. We aren’t training new volunteers any more, so I get to do more animal handling and less training. I did a trip to the Swan Sanctuary with a Grey Heron that had a broken leg. It’s quite a long trip, but they have better facilities than us for us with water birds.
View attachment 311018
And here are some of the ones who I have worked with.

A Sparrowhawk that was released this week.
View attachment 311020
A Kestrel also released this week
View attachment 311021
And hedgehogs of course
View attachment 311022
View attachment 311023
And finally a Tawny Owl glaring at me yesterday
View attachment 311024
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I especially love the kestrel and owl!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Here we go... card exchange details for 2020. Last posting dates for Africa and Morocco are probably fictional. Past experience suggests you need to post in March to get there by Christmas ?

Please message or tag @Yvonne G to take part.
View attachment 311028
View attachment 311027

Noël (@AZtortMom), Bea (@Moozillion), Ed (@ZEROPILOT) and Cathie (@Cathie G) have already said they’re in :)
Adam (@Tidgy's Dad ) will no doubt include his address for those that want it.

Tagging previous Card Exchange participants
Lena (@Kristoff), Alexis (@Turtle girl 98), Doug (@Blackdog1714), Heather (@EllieMay), Carol (@CarolM), Brandy (@Bambam1989), Ewa (@Pearly), Kathy (@Momof4), Anne (@Pastel Tortie), Todd (@Toddrickfl1), Michelle (@meech008),

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Noël (@AZtortMom), Bea (@Moozillion), Ed (@ZEROPILOT) and Cathie (@Cathie G) have already said they’re in :)

Lena (@Kristoff), Alexis (@Turtle girl 98), Doug (@Blackdog1714), Heather (@EllieMay), Carol (@CarolM), Brandy (@Bambam1989), Ewa (@Pearly), Kathy (@Momof4), Anne (@Pastel Tortie), Todd (@Toddrickfl1), Michelle (@meech008),
I posted mine for you in October so fingers crossed the rest of 2019 went the first week of November. I am really in!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida

I want to participate this year. :)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Yes, please! Linda’s card is en route already and I received one from her and one from Doug. I might not be on much but I miss my roommates! ❄️? @Yvonne G