COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Yeah, last dr. visit they told me I could start bearing weight on that leg, so I've been limping around the property a bit. My next arm and leg appointments are the first week in November. Until then I'm just s'posed to take it easy.
Please be careful Yvonne, you are almost there.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
What happened to Florida? I was looking forward to you moving here.
Now what are we gonna do with the shed we prepared for you.

There’s still time. This whole COVID thing has really put a damper on our ability to make some house hunting trips down to Florida. Wifey continues to look at the available houses. Keep upgrading your shed Ray, we still can pop in.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening all.
We've had a lot of heavy rain today with hail and thunder thrown in, and more to come over the next few days with high winds. No chance of anything drying out until next Tues at least.
I'm glad I've no plans to go anywhere while I'm looking as if I've been mugged.
Lola has ventured out of his cosy house for a short while today but prefers to stay in the warm and I don't blame him.
No sign of my hedgehog the last few days, he's either wandered off again or is snug in the house I've set up for him. I hope he's safe somewhere.
I hope you've all had a good Weds.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
and.....we are done. It’s quite the effort to get a beefy Sully up onto the deck, into the sun room, across the kitchen floor to the steps leading down into the basement. Then, once at the steps, down one flight of about 8 steps to the first landing, then down another maybe 15 steps. Now shuffle across the floor, through the wood shop and last but not least into the indoor pen. The indoor Night box is all warm. A large RHP on the roof, the outside Kane heat pad moved quickly this morning sitting snug inside the indoor night box. Lights all working, a small electric heater running (since yesterday) to warm things up. Fresh water, many freshly cut banana leaves cut and spread down, last years orchard hay/grass is good. I guess I’m done. Just need to order some Mazuri. All set until May 2021!

Temps are looking good
Brilliant!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
We have an answer regarding the samples of yellow bumps that the University of Florida has been looking at.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I've had bad toothache for the last few days.
wifey finally managed to persuade me to go to the dentists.
I lay on the chair and it was going forwards and backwards, rather than up and down, which I thought was a bit unusual.
The dentist said; 'Adam, will you please get out of my filing cabinet.'

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Just found out they are not showing the Charlie Brown Christmas episodes this year on a major network.
You have to have Apple tv.
Those were always enjoyable to me since I grew up watching them.
I like Charlie Brown Christmas stuff too. I keep looking for the mini ornaments for our little tree. They're hard to find.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
No.
wifey's an ancient crone, and she hates 'em.
OW!
OW!
OW!
Apparently wifey is still young and quite likes Milkshakes.
Especially around Christmas with the little ice creamy drinks that taste like a peppermint patty ? and they're green...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a few on my tree that are quite different. A Ren & Stimpy, a They Killed Kenny and a handmade safety pin angel topper
Dang it. I had to go look and make sure I didn't get rid of my Ren & Stimpy winter t-shirt because of your reminder ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening all.
We've had a lot of heavy rain today with hail and thunder thrown in, and more to come over the next few days with high winds. No chance of anything drying out until next Tues at least.
I'm glad I've no plans to go anywhere while I'm looking as if I've been mugged.
Lola has ventured out of his cosy house for a short while today but prefers to stay in the warm and I don't blame him.
No sign of my hedgehog the last few days, he's either wandered off again or is snug in the house I've set up for him. I hope he's safe somewhere.
I hope you've all had a good Weds.
I crocheted more on my little tortoise stuffy. I did the little tail vertebral today. It took several hours to get it where I wanted it. Soon I'll get inspiration for the the front one and go from there.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
and.....we are done. It’s quite the effort to get a beefy Sully up onto the deck, into the sun room, across the kitchen floor to the steps leading down into the basement. Then, once at the steps, down one flight of about 8 steps to the first landing, then down another maybe 15 steps. Now shuffle across the floor, through the wood shop and last but not least into the indoor pen. The indoor Night box is all warm. A large RHP on the roof, the outside Kane heat pad moved quickly this morning sitting snug inside the indoor night box. Lights all working, a small electric heater running (since yesterday) to warm things up. Fresh water, many freshly cut banana leaves cut and spread down, last years orchard hay/grass is good. I guess I’m done. Just need to order some Mazuri. All set until May 2021!

Temps are looking good
View attachment 310038

? well done! Now.... nap time.
?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I have a few on my tree that are quite different. A Ren & Stimpy, a They Killed Kenny and a handmade safety pin angel topper

haha I have got you beat!
I have a lobster in a Hula skirt, a little hippo ? and a crystal chandelier!!!!
i am always looking for weird stuff that they put out for Christmas! It’s so funny to me?
A lobster in a hula skirt? ??? Wt...??

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
haha I have got you beat!
I have a lobster in a Hula skirt, a little hippo ? and a crystal chandelier!!!!
i am always looking for weird stuff that they put out for Christmas! It’s so funny to me?
A lobster in a hula skirt? ??? Wt...??
I have a Weeping Angel and a Pink Panther with a present.
Because I have a plushy Pink Panther as well and he is supposed to be 'the one and only truly original', he has to leave the room whilst the decorations are up. The two are never allowed to see each other.