COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Goodmorning all, finally a few members here! Hope your day goes well. Didn't get to see the meteors,we have a storm for the next few days.
Go to the doctor today to get my meds for pain. Will be glad if someday I don't need the meds to help manage my pain.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all long time no not see.
I haven't had chance to catch up with everyone yet but I hope you are all still well and surviving whatever restrictions are in place in your corners of the world.

I thought I'd have loads of time to spend in the CDR now I've retired but my laptop had other ideas and spent a couple of weeks with my nephew who fixed it for me Then following my knee arthroscopy on 6th we (Lola and I) went to stay with my sister. Back home again now though and knee doing OK.

I was also diagnosed with a stage one melanoma on my face back in September so next Monday (unless cancelled because of covid) I'm back at the hospital to have that cut out and skin grafted. That is a day procedure and will have a local anesthetic but not looking forward to that. Thankfully it was caught early but looks like my modelling days are over unless I can persuade them to do a full face lift while they're at it.;)
Anyway I'm going to have a read to see what you've all been up to now - hope you've all been behaving yourself!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Goodmorning all, finally a few members here! Hope your day goes well. Didn't get to see the meteors,we have a storm for the next few days.
Go to the doctor today to get my meds for pain. Will be glad if someday I don't need the meds to help manage my pain.
Hi Ray, I was looking for the meteors last night too but too cloudy here.
Hope you are well in spite of your pain, and hope that does get easier for you in time.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I haven't had chance to catch up with everyone yet but I hope you are all still well and surviving whatever restrictions are in place in your corners of the world.

I thought I'd have loads of time to spend in the CDR now I've retired but my laptop had other ideas and spent a couple of weeks with my nephew who fixed it for me Then following my knee arthroscopy on 6th we (Lola and I) went to stay with my sister. Back home again now though and knee doing OK.

I was also diagnosed with a stage one melanoma on my face back in September so next Monday (unless cancelled because of covid) I'm back at the hospital to have that cut out and skin grafted. That is a day procedure and will have a local anesthetic but not looking forward to that. Thankfully it was caught early but looks like my modelling days are over unless I can persuade them to do a full face lift while they're at it.;)
Anyway I'm going to have a read to see what you've all been up to now - hope you've all been behaving yourself!
Great to see you again! Glad your knee is doing good and good luck with the melanoma..

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hi Ray, I was looking for the meteors last night too but too cloudy here.
Hope you are well in spite of your pain, and hope that does get easier for you in time.
Thanks Lyn, that is what I am hoping for.
Hopefully all the nerve endings will settle down with time. One thing good about the phantom and nerve pain is it takes the focus off my back pains. ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evenooning all

It’s been busy again. I was training a new volunteer at the rescue today, something I do pretty regularly, but this lady really couldn’t cope :( I guess she was in her late 60s, but the way she struggled to remember everything from how to find her way round to where she had to get newspaper from (a drawer that was open) made me wonder if she was starting alzheimer’s; it was really sad. :( It’s the first time I’ve ever had to say to the staff that I don’t think someone will be useful :(

I came home feeling exhausted and quite dispirited, but with 2 hedgehogs to release in my garden. That’s happier at least :) I have cameras on them so hopefully I will have some pictures to show tomorrow of them as they explore their new home.

After a few mugs of tea and some cake (it was Daughter’s birthday yesterday) I felt better and mixed up this year’s Christmas Pudding batch. It needs A LOT of stirring and the mixture is to big and heavy for my mixer. So everyone gets roped in to stir in turn more than once!

Son should have come home tomorrow, but the covid level has been raised in London and he’s no longer allowed to meet indoors with anyone he doesn’t live with.

Tomorrow will be spent cooking Christmas Puddings. They are traditionally steamed. I use the pressure cooker, but it will still take all day!
I have a hedgehog in my garden this year and goodness knows how he's getting in. He must scale a wall or fence which is about 1.5 m high. I've called him Edmund Hillary, but I have made a door in the fence for him to make his life easier . I thought it rats scratching the soil but when I left my wildlife camera out to try to catch the culprit I was amazed to see it's a hedgehog, I've ordered him a house and been feeding him the last few days to help him fatten up for winter, he looks really healthy though. First hedgehog I've seen around here since I was a kid so it's pretty exciting.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

OOH your face will be fine my left eye has no wrinkles when I smile now since mine was right in the corner of my eye. It was a slow process as they took a slice then sent it out for exam until they got the first full slice with no melanoma. THen the fun started- My plastic surgeon was masterful, but slow to be precise.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
OOH your face will be fine my left eye has no wrinkles when I smile now since mine was right in the corner of my eye. It was a slow process as they took a slice then sent it out for exam until they got the first full slice with no melanoma. THen the fun started- My plastic surgeon was masterful, but slow to be precise.
I know they'll d their best for me. They've told me I'll have a dent but nothing some Polyfilla can't handle I'm sure.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Me neither, regarding the meteors. Cloudy night. :(

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

I missed the meteors completely!
All foggy here for a couple of days??
Figures..... I always miss the good stuff!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Nice to see you're back, Lyn.:)
We've all been terribly good.
Monday sounds like it will be loads of fun. :(

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Good luck at doctors!
Ask about the “one day” thing.....
I am curious if it can actually be done or are they just after money??