COLD DARK ROOM

Tortoise Rescue Brenda

Location (City and/or State)
Pflugerville, Texas
I
I'm hanging in there.???. I got to see a praying mantis today though. The darling was on the front outside wall of my home. My grandson came by and called my attention to that because he knows how much I love them. Here's a picture.View attachment 308564
Had two praying mantis in my house this week. I just keep moving them outside. I think they come in on our clothes.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi anyone. I've not been on here in a while. As it does sometimes, life got busy on me.

A sweet story to share. This story is about my sweet nephew, Alex. His mom, my sister isn't here to share this beautiful story because she took her life 10 years ago. But this in not a sad story. Our family has grown stronger and chooses to live in every joyous moment we can. This is a story of joy and happiness.

Today my sweet nephew, Alex gets married to the sweetest young lady, Hillary. They are a beautiful family. They dated a little in high school, then reconnected after college. I helped her get a job at the school I worked at in a small town nearby so she could live closer to Alex while they explored this new adult relationship.

As the special education coordinator of the campus, I placed a darling boy with special needs in her class. This boy had also just been put in foster care the year before. I told her "you're gonna love this kid. I do. He is fun, sweet, loving, wants to please, and needs love and attention." He also happened to have ADHD to a severe degree. I love kids who are busy and found out she handled them in stride, so perfect classroom right?.

Well, she did love that kid. When she had some trouble with him at school, some issues she was working on, she would share that with Alex in the evenings. I always told Alex he would be a great teacher. He is patient, kind, and loves kids. Alex would give Hillary suggestions of strategies to try with Allen. The strategies were successful. The child thrived.

Allen's foster mom needed a babysitter a few times on weekends and summer. Hillary volunteered since she loved him now and knew he was not easy to handle for just anyone. Besides, she had me next door to help if needed, and Alex in the same house. A few weekends of that and ... now Alex loves him.

Foster mom decides she can deal with being a foster parent of a child with severe ADHD. Bet you can guess. Yep, Alex and Hillary became foster parents and took him in.

Three years later, Allen is happy, and healthy, living next door to me. Alex and Hillary have a 9-month old baby of their own biology now. Today Alex and Hillary get married. Next week they will officially adopt Allen.

I had to pause in writing this. You see, I had to iron Alex's clothes for the wedding. So happy for this day. I love my family.

Smile on turtle friends.
Congrats.gif
To you all.
What a heartwarming story.:<3:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Well...if I admit I can't concentrate on TV to my doctor he'll think I'm nuts ?. Then I'll have to admit what I usually do. Then he'll think I'm an old lady addicted to social media so how do I win this race.??
Get him to buy a tortoise and join the Tortoise Forum and introduce him to the Cold Dark Room.
Then I can charge him for coffee and everyone's happy.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes a voter could write in a vote for the fly on the ballot.
I think I will write your name in.
ADAM FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!
I would be a very bad President.
I would just get drunk all the time, steal lots of money, insult lots of people and buy all the museum's fossil collections.
And declare war on France.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning, it's Sunday, the day of rest. It has stopped raining, hopefully it is going to the places that need some. Going to collect some chickens today from a farm that had them in barns, hope they have some feathers on them. Then my daughter and partner are calling to see us so I am cooking a Sunday lunch, lots of veggies as she is Vegan but we are having lamb. ( currently we are in lockdown so she shouldn't be coming, we will be social distancing, sitting at a large dining table)
Those chickens in barns with no feathers on them are so much easier to pluck.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good afternoon my tortoise friends.
Hope all is well. Just found out my son Ray left Muskegon Michigan on his boat. To make the trip around Michigan for Bay City Michigan. He left on thur. and didn't tell me because he was by himself. He is in Mackinaw City for a few days because of weather. He met up with his wife there for the rest of the trip.
I wanted to go but didn't want to take a chance of flying to Michigan because of the covid virus. I am regretting that decision now.
It's about a 500 mile journey. With his wife abroad there should be some great pics.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hi anyone. I've not been on here in a while. As it does sometimes, life got busy on me.

A sweet story to share. This story is about my sweet nephew, Alex. His mom, my sister isn't here to share this beautiful story because she took her life 10 years ago. But this in not a sad story. Our family has grown stronger and chooses to live in every joyous moment we can. This is a story of joy and happiness.

Today my sweet nephew, Alex gets married to the sweetest young lady, Hillary. They are a beautiful family. They dated a little in high school, then reconnected after college. I helped her get a job at the school I worked at in a small town nearby so she could live closer to Alex while they explored this new adult relationship.

As the special education coordinator of the campus, I placed a darling boy with special needs in her class. This boy had also just been put in foster care the year before. I told her "you're gonna love this kid. I do. He is fun, sweet, loving, wants to please, and needs love and attention." He also happened to have ADHD to a severe degree. I love kids who are busy and found out she handled them in stride, so perfect classroom right?.

Well, she did love that kid. When she had some trouble with him at school, some issues she was working on, she would share that with Alex in the evenings. I always told Alex he would be a great teacher. He is patient, kind, and loves kids. Alex would give Hillary suggestions of strategies to try with Allen. The strategies were successful. The child thrived.

Allen's foster mom needed a babysitter a few times on weekends and summer. Hillary volunteered since she loved him now and knew he was not easy to handle for just anyone. Besides, she had me next door to help if needed, and Alex in the same house. A few weekends of that and ... now Alex loves him.

Foster mom decides she can deal with being a foster parent of a child with severe ADHD. Bet you can guess. Yep, Alex and Hillary became foster parents and took him in.

Three years later, Allen is happy, and healthy, living next door to me. Alex and Hillary have a 9-month old baby of their own biology now. Today Alex and Hillary get married. Next week they will officially adopt Allen.

I had to pause in writing this. You see, I had to iron Alex's clothes for the wedding. So happy for this day. I love my family.

Smile on turtle friends.

wishing you peace and lots of loveliness !!
What a wonderful story!
all the best to you my lady and your new adventures..❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
A wee garden spider decided to hitch a ride on wifey‘s car. It made a round trip ride to Virginia on the windscreen & back.

Boo!
View attachment 308588

How's that a garden spider!!?????
It’s yellow...
It’s orange...
AND IT IS GLOOOOWWWING!!!!!! ??
What the...?
I am scared !
I once had a HUGE black and yellow spider living in my hydrangea and when you got close to it IT SHOOK ITSELF ON THE WEB!!!!! I mean the whole thing shook!!!!
When you backed away it stopped!
My father looked it up on Google and it was a very rare spider for my neck of the woods.
I can’t remember what kind it was though?
Even though I don’t like spiders, I still had the utmost respect for her and kept my distance but stared in awe...(sp?)
(You would have definitely know this was a gurl spider...and she had an attitude)