COLD DARK ROOM

Amron

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire. England
thank you for telling me that
I will have a laugh tonight with hubby about it.
I swear!! That’s all they ever ask!
It’s like a competition???
About 10 years ago one of the other neighbors had moved
a new one came in and yet again the same question
but luckily I was outside that night and when the guy proposed the question to my husband “where do you work”
my response was quickly to say ;
“why do you need a job?”
the conversation stopped after that so did the “ neighborly chats.”
Then I had to do penance that night for being mean!
So worth it, I bet their faces were astounded and they were stumped as to what to say. If some one is rude to me, I go overboard with the niceness and charm, they don't know how to take it and all the time I smile

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good mornynoon, Roommates! :)
As has been mentioned, today is World Mental Health Day, perhaps more important than ever this year with many people in lockdown and alone, many having lost their jobs or even relatives and friends.
I shall try sending a lot of positive messages to people today.

Professor Brenda

Pflugerville, Texas
Hi anyone. I've not been on here in a while. As it does sometimes, life got busy on me.

A sweet story to share. This story is about my sweet nephew, Alex. His mom, my sister isn't here to share this beautiful story because she took her life 10 years ago. But this in not a sad story. Our family has grown stronger and chooses to live in every joyous moment we can. This is a story of joy and happiness.

Today my sweet nephew, Alex gets married to the sweetest young lady, Hillary. They are a beautiful family. They dated a little in high school, then reconnected after college. I helped her get a job at the school I worked at in a small town nearby so she could live closer to Alex while they explored this new adult relationship.

As the special education coordinator of the campus, I placed a darling boy with special needs in her class. This boy had also just been put in foster care the year before. I told her "you're gonna love this kid. I do. He is fun, sweet, loving, wants to please, and needs love and attention." He also happened to have ADHD to a severe degree. I love kids who are busy and found out she handled them in stride, so perfect classroom right?.

Well, she did love that kid. When she had some trouble with him at school, some issues she was working on, she would share that with Alex in the evenings. I always told Alex he would be a great teacher. He is patient, kind, and loves kids. Alex would give Hillary suggestions of strategies to try with Allen. The strategies were successful. The child thrived.

Allen's foster mom needed a babysitter a few times on weekends and summer. Hillary volunteered since she loved him now and knew he was not easy to handle for just anyone. Besides, she had me next door to help if needed, and Alex in the same house. A few weekends of that and ... now Alex loves him.

Foster mom decides she can deal with being a foster parent of a child with severe ADHD. Bet you can guess. Yep, Alex and Hillary became foster parents and took him in.

Three years later, Allen is happy, and healthy, living next door to me. Alex and Hillary have a 9-month old baby of their own biology now. Today Alex and Hillary get married. Next week they will officially adopt Allen.

I had to pause in writing this. You see, I had to iron Alex's clothes for the wedding. So happy for this day. I love my family.

Smile on turtle friends.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi anyone. I've not been on here in a while. As it does sometimes, life got busy on me.

A sweet story to share. This story is about my sweet nephew, Alex. His mom, my sister isn't here to share this beautiful story because she took her life 10 years ago. But this in not a sad story. Our family has grown stronger and chooses to live in every joyous moment we can. This is a story of joy and happiness.

Today my sweet nephew, Alex gets married to the sweetest young lady, Hillary. They are a beautiful family. They dated a little in high school, then reconnected after college. I helped her get a job at the school I worked at in a small town nearby so she could live closer to Alex while they explored this new adult relationship.

As the special education coordinator of the campus, I placed a darling boy with special needs in her class. This boy had also just been put in foster care the year before. I told her "you're gonna love this kid. I do. He is fun, sweet, loving, wants to please, and needs love and attention." He also happened to have ADHD to a severe degree. I love kids who are busy and found out she handled them in stride, so perfect classroom right?.

Well, she did love that kid. When she had some trouble with him at school, some issues she was working on, she would share that with Alex in the evenings. I always told Alex he would be a great teacher. He is patient, kind, and loves kids. Alex would give Hillary suggestions of strategies to try with Allen. The strategies were successful. The child thrived.

Allen's foster mom needed a babysitter a few times on weekends and summer. Hillary volunteered since she loved him now and knew he was not easy to handle for just anyone. Besides, she had me next door to help if needed, and Alex in the same house. A few weekends of that and ... now Alex loves him.

Foster mom decides she can deal with being a foster parent of a child with severe ADHD. Bet you can guess. Yep, Alex and Hillary became foster parents and took him in.

Three years later, Allen is happy, and healthy, living next door to me. Alex and Hillary have a 9-month old baby of their own biology now. Today Alex and Hillary get married. Next week they will officially adopt Allen.

I had to pause in writing this. You see, I had to iron Alex's clothes for the wedding. So happy for this day. I love my family.

Smile on turtle friends.
This story comes at a good time We all could use a happy ending right about now!!

Amron

Lancashire. England

Smile on turtle friends.
Amazing life story, beautiful. I wish them a long life if happiness

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Today is World Mental Health Day so I have out some pocket hugs out and about. Not as many as I would of liked but have been busy doing poppies for the British legion
I love those. I'm trying to dream up a horsefield tortoise lifesize crochet stuffy pattern. For the winter months when I can't get out much. I can't stand to just sit and watch TV. My grandkids would love them even the teens.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Smile on turtle friends.
That's such a beautiful story. Even with it's twists and turns, life can be amazing. If we're here we have a chance to make it better.??

Amron

Lancashire. England
I love those. I'm trying to dream up a horsefield tortoise lifesize crochet stuffy pattern. For the winter months when I can't get out much. I can't stand to just sit and watch TV. My grandkids would love them even the teens.
I have just done a tortoise not seen it up yet, that's the bit I don't like

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I
How are you doing Cathie?
I'm hanging in there.???. I got to see a praying mantis today though. The darling was on the front outside wall of my home. My grandson came by and called my attention to that because he knows how much I love them. Here's a picture.IMG_20201010_160625439.jpg

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
I
I'm hanging in there.???. I got to see a praying mantis today though. The darling was on the front outside wall of my home. My grandson came by and called my attention to that because he knows how much I love them. Here's a picture.View attachment 308564
Wow that's so cool.
I'm just trying to do a cool tort pic haha
Adult in back and little one upfront.

Attachments

• 20201010_165849.jpg
    20201010_165849.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9