COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Just realised I sounded a bit bitter there! It because someone I know did exactly that, for instagram pictures basically, and it made me cross! Rant over.
Rant away, that is why we are here, we will either ignore you, commiserate or rant with you. Either way you can rant as much as you like. Provided it is not religion or politics I believe.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
As little as I know, I had to tell a young pet shop worker I got to talking with, that his Russian is full grown. I had to teach another guy the difference between male and female as best I could. The few I've seen in our pet shops don't really look in really bad health. You'll not see a Redfoot though. But I'm in a small city that completely banned that for several years. We only lately have 4 shops now instead of 1. It's just weird to go to all that trouble to smuggle something that isn't worth big money. Maybe they're smuggling rocks inside a walking rock.?
You would be surprised what they will do to get drugs into a country.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We are maybe going into what we call our Indian Summer except we haven't had the true frost or freeze yet where I am. We usually have some frosty days in the beginning of fall. Then it gets warmer. We need rain too.
Well Amron and Mark should be able to help you guys out with rain.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning All!!! Took a tortoise pic the other day (starring Pickles) with nice sun and wind.. meant to share it but I guess I got side tracked so I will share now.. hoping you all enjoy your day!! View attachment 308380
Why hello there Pickles. What a beautiful Tort you are!!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Forget the word.....feel....in my post. ?
Yes it is my favorite meat also. I love the neck roast better than the tenderloin. My son Jim filets the meat off the neck and then we roll it up and tie with string. It melts in your mouth. Yum Yum?
As long as you eat what you kill, then I don't have an issue. It is the ones who kill just for the trophy and then discard it that makes me mad. Like the Rhino and elephant poachers. :mad:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yesterday I received a phone call from a gal I used to know in the local turtle club. She's made me a meat loaf and will be bringing me a care package today! That, and the many get well cards I received in the mail from fellow Forum members has lifted my spirits tremendously! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Yesterday they removed my Plaster of Paris splint and stitches, and I was given a fancy velcro wrist brace, and was told to baby my arm and come back and see them in 4 weeks.

As to the fractured patella, I'm still hopping along behind my walker on one leg with my other leg in a brace and my knee appointment is next week.

(@Ray--Opo - I have so much admiration and appreciation for you!!!)
So glad that things are progressing so well.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Ok folks, more show n tell.

Went out to work on the deck and we found this little long legged guy hanging out on the window screen. Yep, a ”Walking Stick” - not the type @Tidgy's Dad uses, but a real live insect.

View attachment 308404
Is that enlarged. Because it sure is one big walking stick!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
So did you handle it? Or does someone else handle and look after these kind of birds?
I could have handled it if I needed to. I am experienced enough to be allowed to do so.

Its cage divides into two, so I slipped the divider in and cleaned one half and then tried to persuade it to move to the clean half. It just sat and looked at me, so I picked up its perch and moved it complete with buzzard into the other half of the cage then put the divider back in to clean again.

It’s a very relaxed bird. Didn’t seem bothered by anything!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
And, by special request @EllieMay a quick pix of the deck in progress.

View attachment 308406
I could use a deck, when you done there, you will have gained lots of experience and can come on over and do one for me. I will even make it easier for you, you won't have to lift any boards first, you can start from scratch.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Looks great!!!

I’m so irritated at how obvious it is that mine must now be redone.. I’ll pay in room, Board, coffee, and conversation if you’d like to come show off your experience!!! Can also point out some good kayaking spots nearby:)) ( I’m making doe eyes and my best pouty face... which is really not good at all... lmao! )
Snap!!, I Call you and add nice and sunny warm days without any rain.:rolleyes: