COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Well my day isn’t done. A friend of a friend found this baby in broad daylight in the middle of the road and it was brought to me. It hasn’t uncurled enough for me to sex it yet.
DB0D8205-55CB-4556-B679-A1E27A66E1F1.jpeg
I scrounged some meaty catfood from a neighbour and also gave it some hedgehog biscuits and water. It’s hungry and is happily tucking into everything

Sound on to hear it crunching on the biscuits :)

I’ll take it to the rescue in the morning

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Well my day isn’t done. A friend of a friend found this baby in broad daylight in the middle of the road and it was brought to me. It hasn’t uncurled enough for me to sex it yet.
View attachment 307599
I scrounged some meaty catfood from a neighbour and also gave it some hedgehog biscuits and water. It’s hungry and is happily tucking into everything

Nice rescue. I captured a very large, very dark toad. Plopped him down in my compost bin that is full of worms, gnats, mosquitos & other tasty morsels.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Lovely.
Well done you.
Sounds like wifey eating crackers.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Amazing lady. Love to hear all about her. I may need advice as I go along so you might be sorry. She is one lucky tort. I have now got to get very prepared for winter here so have to build her a new indoor enclosures and insulate it very well. Wish me luck

here is all the luck in the world sent to you!!
??????‍♀️?‍♂️????????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good afternooning all

It’s been a looooong day .

Up at 6, breakfast and straight to the rescue. A sprint clean and feed of everything in the unit where filming was to take place with the vet and staff in and out, getting in the way, doing medication and examinations that needed to get out of the way early.

Mid way, the film crew arrive to assess the room and, while they filmed the centre manager talking to the couple, I managed to finish up and sweep the floor.

Yes I got pigeon poop on me; luckily it was on my sweatshirt which I shed for filming!

Then the moment arrived. Due to space constraints, they had to film the couple asking me questions with me on camera and thenrepeat the same questions but with the camera on the couple.

Everyone was excited about hedgehogs, especially the camerawoman.

Escape to the Country Series 21 High Weald Episode due to be broadcast in early 2021 in the UK.

That’s quite enough tv stardom for me. I went to get my hair cut this afternoon (that was booked the wrong way round ??) and am chilling out with successive mugs of tea.

Horray!!!!! Now I can tell people I know someone famous!!!
don’t let it go to your head though..
The media seems to rip you apart if ya get too big for yer britches.. ?
Congrats!!!!
It’s all over ... breathe.... add some wine to your teas! ❤️

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good afternooning all

It’s been a looooong day .

Up at 6, breakfast and straight to the rescue. A sprint clean and feed of everything in the unit where filming was to take place with the vet and staff in and out, getting in the way, doing medication and examinations that needed to get out of the way early.

Mid way, the film crew arrive to assess the room and, while they filmed the centre manager talking to the couple, I managed to finish up and sweep the floor.

Yes I got pigeon poop on me; luckily it was on my sweatshirt which I shed for filming!

Then the moment arrived. Due to space constraints, they had to film the couple asking me questions with me on camera and thenrepeat the same questions but with the camera on the couple.

Everyone was excited about hedgehogs, especially the camerawoman.

Escape to the Country Series 21 High Weald Episode due to be broadcast in early 2021 in the UK.

That’s quite enough tv stardom for me. I went to get my hair cut this afternoon (that was booked the wrong way round ??) and am chilling out with successive mugs of tea.
How exciting!!! I’ll be looking for it.i think we have discussed the relaxation properties of a good haircut so maybe the booking was really just right! Enjoy your tea:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
View attachment 307599

Lucky little booger!

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Fresh figs have a caustic white sap if you break them off the branches. Many ppl are very allergic to this sap. It’s milky, sticky and nasty tasting. The leaves are also rough & dry. I have a ton in and around our Sully, she never touches them. Id just not feed. Feed grape leaves instead.

Yup! Thank you!