COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good Morning Y'all just another backward day with a juicy 0400 AM start!
Good morning to you too. I was mad at myself for forgetting to turn off my Monday alarm for 5am. I need to stay up late again tonight to watch the program I've been wanting to watch. I hope I'm not dead meat and miss it.?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thank you for your kind words. I will try to answer your questions in order.. AS I AM LYING IN BED RIGHT NOW!! Can you believe it!!??
It is only because my husband went grocery shopping.. he IS good at that..(maybe the cashier is pretty?)
Good that means he’ll be out longer..?
Ok..here goes..
Her name is Sally . It was salvador but later we found out she was a GIRL.?
She is going on 23years old..
She started having a weird butt problem (like having trouble laying an egg) and that’s where the tubbies started, just kept them going ever since.??
I use a thing like they would use to pick up dolphins ?. It wraps around and then you pick that up and swing it over and let her softly slide into the tub..I know...I know...
I MUST BE CRAZY..
but like you ...I found her in a 10gallon tank in the basement of a pet store all in the dark. She was just a 4month old baby.
She was only seated on mulch in the middle of the tank. I thought she was a rock!? No lamps no hiding place no nothing.
I just couldn’t leave her there..
The guy also lied and said she would only grow as big as your for arm..
When I went back to question him... they were out of business..
Her and I get along like peas and carrots.
But again like you.. I might have started looking at fish if I had known what I know now.. but I would not give her up even for chocolate now!!
I got myself into this and I can’t let her down.. so... I guess day by day is all I can handle till things change again.
I am sorry the story is so long but I’m not a very good writer to shorten it or any of the other long stories I post on here. ???? sorry everybody!!!! ?
No need to be sorry.
I love these sorts of stories.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you for your kind words. I will try to answer your questions in order.. AS I AM LYING IN BED RIGHT NOW!! Can you believe it!!??
It is only because my husband went grocery shopping.. he IS good at that..(maybe the cashier is pretty?)
Ok..here goes..
She started having a weird butt problem (like having trouble laying an egg) and that’s where the tubbies started, just kept them going ever since.??
I use a thing like they would use to pick up dolphins ?. It wraps around and then you pick that up and swing it over and let her softly slide into the tub..I know...I know...
I MUST BE CRAZY..
but like you ...I found her in a 10gallon tank in the basement of a pet store all in the dark. She was just a 4month old baby.
She was only seated on mulch in the middle of the tank. I thought she was a rock!? No lamps no hiding place no nothing.
But again like you.. I might have started looking at fish if I had known what I know now.. but I would not give her up even for chocolate now!!
I got myself into this and I can’t let her down.. so... I guess day by day is all I can handle till things change again.
I am sorry the story is so long but I’m not a very good writer to shorten it or any of the other long stories I post on here. ???? sorry everybody!!!! ?
I never mind reading these stories here. Real people have real stories. At least you helped her have a better life. I bought Sapphire online from a company in Florida. I know now that is the wrong thing to do. I was really mad at them when I received him but not mad enough to send him back. I decided to try and help him and take the loss if I couldn't.13 years later I'm so glad I kept him. He got better. He's my little walking rock.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ok..here goes..
I MUST BE CRAZY..
I love it!!! I see new ads everyday for males needing new homes and it just breaks my heart... I wish I could take them all but with 3 boys already, I just can’t... if I thought I could have 1 big compound where they would live peacefully and safely together, I would start rounding them all up..... but I can only build so many fences..
my Smallest one dug himself a burrow and I had to remove him when the temps started dropping.. I didn’t think I’d EVER get him out of there.. He’s not even 15lbs and it felt like I was tugging 200!!! I’m so glad my others don’t dig!! Your lady is beautiful!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
oh hell have 2 choices here and I'm kinda sure which one I chose...get a Motel 6 room, eat a lot of crap and watch the Las Vegas race on a tv, or watch right here on a computer screen and I did bring some kettle corn, but I'm sure it would upset Y if I hollered at the computer
Ok..here goes..
I MUST BE CRAZY..
Oh crap! Don't apologize for anything. If anybody doesn't like your post they can go elsewhere. OK, I totally understand you keeping her, but I am thinking your tort is over 100 lbs? Like me with Mary Knobbins and Big Sam, we need to figure out a better way for you and a big tortoise, to make keeping her a little easier.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
oh hell have 2 choices here and I'm kinda sure which one I chose...get a Motel 6 room, eat a lot of crap and watch the Las Vegas race on a tv, or watch right here on a computer screen and I did bring some kettle corn, but I'm sure it would upset Y if I hollered at the computer

Oh crap! Don't apologize for anything. If anybody doesn't like your post they can go elsewhere. OK, I totally understand you keeping her, but I am thinking your tort is over 100 lbs? Like me with Mary Knobbins and Big Sam, we need to figure out a better way for you and a big tortoise, to make keeping her a little easier.
Maybe earplugs would be a perfect early Christmas present.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I never mind reading these stories here. Real people have real stories. At least you helped her have a better life. I bought Sapphire online from a company in Florida. I know now that is the wrong thing to do. I was really mad at them when I received him but not mad enough to send him back. I decided to try and help him and take the loss if I couldn't.13 years later I'm so glad I kept him. He got better. He's my little walking rock.?
Love that story! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I love it!!! I see new ads everyday for males needing new homes and it just breaks my heart... I wish I could take them all but with 3 boys already, I just can’t... if I thought I could have 1 big compound where they would live peacefully and safely together, I would start rounding them all up..... but I can only build so many fences..
my Smallest one dug himself a burrow and I had to remove him when the temps started dropping.. I didn’t think I’d EVER get him out of there.. He’s not even 15lbs and it felt like I was tugging 200!!! I’m so glad my others don’t dig!! Your lady is beautiful!

thank you and that’s a great story !!
Wow! He wouldn’t come out? Little booger.
It’s funny how all the memories of the crazy times they have cost us made us love them all the more. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Are you saying we should move in together?
Like Lavern and Shirley?? ????
Cuz ... I’m up for that.
Not into women... but I don’t care if you yell at the tv screen just as long as you watch my tort so I can go somewhere sometimes.
Like... a bar? A nice “Magic Mike” bar...
Aaahhhh....???????
Ok then!! .... pick a state!! ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

how is your wrist by the way???
And ...your sister?
Ya haven’t killed each other yet have you?
??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
thank you and that’s a great story !!
Wow! He wouldn’t come out? Little booger.
It’s funny how all the memories of the crazy times they have cost us made us love them all the more. ?
Yea thank goodness he didn't decide to give up and send her flying across the yard.?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Are you saying we should move in together?
Like Lavern and Shirley?? ????
Cuz ... I’m up for that.
Not into women... but I don’t care if you yell at the tv screen just as long as you watch my tort so I can go somewhere sometimes.
Like... a bar? A nice “Magic Mike” bar...
Aaahhhh....???????
Ok then!! .... pick a state!! ??
More like Oscar and Felix!?