COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
@Tidgy's Dad Are you still with us after a week of Birthday festivities? We are still celebrating right??? I stocked up on cheese and wine in you name for the weekend!!!! Happy birthday!
Ahem.
Hope you all managed to party without me.
I hope you have some of the cheese left.
Think I might pass on the wine.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
yes but I got one of those husbands where he was so nice IN THE BEGINNING AMD turned..? Now everything is ALWAYS about him...
If you have surgery he goes on all day about how bad his back hurts....
It made me want to break a 2x4 across his back! Then I would listen...
If your stomach has staples in it he has a bad headache....
Again..... a 2x4 across the head might set him straight????
Opinions??
??
I am of the opinion that drinking too much whisky is not necessarily a good idea.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
WOW! I have not always been the best husband possible, BUT post surgery care is my thing! I have worked near real medical professionals for years and have picked up some skills. 1. Be calm- a care giver that isn't is scary. 2. Be available 3. Be prepared I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. A marriage is not a dream and I argue the soul mate thing. It is more a business partenership agreement- establish early jobs and responsibilities since expected and hoping someone will do something for you quickly morphs into anger and dissent when something doesn't get done. Love is paramount but it is not the only thing, common interests and activities are critical! I have personally found that divesting myself of my competitive nature was inavaluable since I grew up in a murder, death, WIN system.
I think I got married because I'd finally found someone who could tolerate me for long periods of time.
More than that she still seems to love me even after all these years.
Even stranger, I still love her, too. Confused05.gif

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello all

When I left you, my mother in law had been admitted to hospital having had a pulmonary embolism. She was discharged last week at first in complete denial that she needed to do anything other than take pills.

By the weekend her tune had changed. She admitted that hospital without visitors and with staff in full PPE was an awful place and she never wants to go in again. She also admitted that she had been told that she must exercise daily ... and it seems Father in Law has finally succeeded in forcing her out of a chair and out of the house to take walks.

As soon as MiL was discharged, Daughter, who moved home the weekend before last because she is to be based in a different office, got sick. She started complaining of dizzy spells and then it quickest got a whole lot worse. The room was spinning constantly, she couldn’t move without vomiting. She couldn’t close her eyes without it getting worse. Even trying to chew food made it worse. The drugs she was given were useless because she vomited them straight back up.

She had a telephone appointment with the doctor and then blood tests and a face to face appointment with the doctor and was diagnosed with labyrinthitis. We have had a rough week. By Friday the room merely swayed constantly rather than span and yesterday the room stayed still as long as she was too. Today she is improved again, but still has a way to go. She won’t be returning to work this week.

The exciting news is that I am to be filmed for a television programme on Tuesday.
Good news about the MiL.
But sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.
Enjoy 'Escape to the Country'. Should be interesting.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ahem.
Hope you all managed to party without me.
I hope you have some of the cheese left.
Think I might pass on the wine.
I found a perfect fit for cheese and crackers today. It's chili fig spread. I know I'll like it because I love a good pepper jelly with cheese and crackers. At my local Kroger's a lovely lady and I chatted and she said it all goes great with wine. I told her it'll have to bier for me.??

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I don't hurt the people I love
OMG you guys...It's my first day, and in my feeding I threw pellets into the pond. Ok, my sister has this giant white monster type thing from Argentina, so he swims up he looks sorta like a 150 lb Sudan Sulcata swimming, and I'm also throwing some pellets to him directly and I'm thinkin how cool is this, when he lunged and grabbed my index finger knuckle on my right hand, the hand that is mostly non functioning and in severe pain, and he yanked on that knuckle and almost pulled me into the pond. ,Oh freakin heart attack. Anyway, today the wound is infected and hurts. So then I go into the box turtles 4 pens. Friday remember? The first pen is the Florida, a couple of nice box turtles, and they come running, I'm putting the food down, when oh sh*t!!! Something is biting my toes, so I starting leaving, into the next pen, it's the Easterns, oh I have neglected to say how my sisters animals are not pets. They are wild animals, I have been bit, peed on and chased. Now I'm in the 3-toed box turtle pen. It's the largest of the pens. So I am starting to put food down, and I am watching wave after wave of 3 toed box turtles and they are headed straight for me, ekk! They're on my feet, oh hurt, they are biting my bare feet, trying to climb up my leg, what f'ing little (monsters! Attack turtles. So I have spent a good part of my time outside looking at her plant collection. For a plant person like me, I'm in 7th heaven (that don't include my sister). So I kinda bother her a lot with just questions and just simple conversation. But still, I say can I have this? Plants or animal, and she says yes. I tried hard to talk her out of a Texas Tortoise, but she wouldn't cave. So I'm 4 days here and my car is already to crowded, she basically really doesn't say no to me. but she stood firm, no desert tortoises no Texas tortoises, But I'm gonna have me lots of plants and maybe 2 box turtles. She doesn't know about the other one yet. To be continued on Road Trip part 1`
default_rofl.gif

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Sensible to wearing your brace. Wow such a beauty, she is so large, how old is she ? How on earth so you manage to get her in a bath tub? I am in awe. Reggie, my sully, is only 2.5 years old. Begining to wish I hadn't started with her/him but I couldn't leave the poor thing living in a small table in someone's bedroom. He has a much better life here hopefully. Hope you are still looking after yourself and healing well?

Thank you for your kind words. I will try to answer your questions in order.. AS I AM LYING IN BED RIGHT NOW!! Can you believe it!!??
It is only because my husband went grocery shopping.. he IS good at that..(maybe the cashier is pretty?)
Good that means he’ll be out longer..?
Ok..here goes..
Her name is Sally . It was salvador but later we found out she was a GIRL.?
She is going on 23years old..
She started having a weird butt problem (like having trouble laying an egg) and that’s where the tubbies started, just kept them going ever since.??
I use a thing like they would use to pick up dolphins ?. It wraps around and then you pick that up and swing it over and let her softly slide into the tub..I know...I know...
I MUST BE CRAZY..
but like you ...I found her in a 10gallon tank in the basement of a pet store all in the dark. She was just a 4month old baby.
She was only seated on mulch in the middle of the tank. I thought she was a rock!? No lamps no hiding place no nothing.
I just couldn’t leave her there..
The guy also lied and said she would only grow as big as your for arm..
When I went back to question him... they were out of business..
Her and I get along like peas and carrots.
But again like you.. I might have started looking at fish if I had known what I know now.. but I would not give her up even for chocolate now!!
I got myself into this and I can’t let her down.. so... I guess day by day is all I can handle till things change again.
I am sorry the story is so long but I’m not a very good writer to shorten it or any of the other long stories I post on here. ???? sorry everybody!!!! ?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It seems I missed your birthday celebrations @Tidgy's Dad . I wish I could say I was doing something more enjoyable... l although daughter has described her symptoms as being like she was severely drunk :D

Hope you had wonderful days :) ?
Perhaps she was drunk. ;)

Thanks, Linda, it was fun.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good evenooning all. Long day at the rescue as it was all hands on deck making things as presentable as possible for tomorrow. I have an early start tomorrow morning... 6am. The tv crew arrives at 8.30 and we need to clean out and feed as much as possible where they will be filming as we cannot have our patients going hungry!

I’ve ben asked to wear my rescue t shirt which is fine except it’s white... what can possibky go wrong? ??

hello dear and good luck tomorrow!!
Bring along another 2 shirts and leave them in the car..
You asked the one question that should never be asked around pets !!!! (and kids)
Matter of fact bring a whole other out fit.
But before all of that I hope you and your family are doing well..
Good luck again!!! ??

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Far far far too much to read. Hope all are hanging in there and movie star @JoesMum did well in her debut today. Next will be her featured with David Attenborough.
I worked with David.
He was just as super-smashing, enthusiastic and all around brilliant in real life as he appears on the TV.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I found a perfect fit for cheese and crackers today. It's chili fig spread. I know I'll like it because I love a good pepper jelly with cheese and crackers. At my local Kroger's a lovely lady and I chatted and she said it all goes great with wine. I told her it'll have to bier for me.??
Sounds yummmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!