COLD DARK ROOM

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs,CO
Well it may seem strange but her (who’s name is Betsie I know creative name right?) favorite food is gummy worms. Since our cows don’t get corn often, the sugar in the candy supplements the sweetness of the corn. The sugar helps them get nice and fat and lazy before they are butchered. On a side note we have a lots of Betsies in our group Betsie 1, 2, and 3. Not really but we do have 2 of them.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It's been a really hard day for me. Today (the 21st), is our 30th wedding anniversary. Or would have been.

It's been 14 months since Pete died, and I still want to tell him things, little snippets I read, or hear. The house is too quiet. I hear the ice drop into the bin, and the water refill. I hear the AC compressor kick on outside. I hear the ticking of my clock. I hear the little sounds a house makes when it's built on an earthquake fault.

I couldn't hear these tiny sounds when Pete was here. I hated that the TV was on 24/7, and I had to work conversation into 5 minute episodes while a commercial was on. Now, what I wouldn't give to fight the TV for one more day.

I miss him terribly. What a sad day this has been.

But I can stop by the CDR and see what the roomies are doing. I laugh a lot, cry a little, and keep checking myself to see if I'm as crazy as most of them are. I have a way to go for that. And I'll never get to the level of debauchery that has been achieved by a few.

It's OK. I slip in, bribe an armadillo, read til my eyes bleed, add my two cents occasionally, and quietly slip out.

That's how I get through sad days, like today.
This breaks my heart.
And also makes me proud.
I really feel your pain, I've lost two people very dear to me this year, but not a spouse.
Please know that I am reaching out to you, hugging you and loving you cos I think you're a great person.
And if this silly thread that I started all that time ago, and has been carried on by other beautiful people when I'm not here, makes a little positive difference in your world, then my life was worth living.
Fancy a coffee?

Amron

Lancashire. England
Yayyyy, the little bugger, scaring you like that. I hope you gave him a good talking to about being responsible and letting you know where he is going the next time.
I certainly did, I felt like one of them stressed mothers who loose their child in the shop, telling him off for just wandering away

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Wow I have been up since 3am, really bad heart burn, shouldn't of eaten that lasagne which was full of that stuff Adam dreams about, and then to eat 4 crunchies that was just plain stupid. Still I have managed to catch up in here so I will count that as a blessing. Really enjoy reading all these posts. It is now 6am and time to get up and prepare for the day ahead. Happy things are looking good for Heather's daughter. Hope the gas and pain has subsided from ?( Dam I forget names so easily). Hope the lady who fell and broke her knee cap is behaving and looking forward to her sisters arrival. Sorry I can't go back and look for names, it takes me too long. Best wishes everyone.
Happy birthday Adam
You're cool
The sentiment is recognized.
Thank you.
Don't blame the cheese.