COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Well good morning... I had every intention of popping in last night to chat but I couldn’t get caught up fast enough... Slept in my own bed for the first time after 5 nights of the dreaded chair! Hospital insisted that we start taking 24 hour shifts ? Anyway, daughter is making a lot of progress now.. she was out of the hospital bed for the first time yesterday.. she skipped the walk and went from crawl to sprint 0-60.... lol. We have reason to believe that she may be moved from the ICU today.. my Cinder is at this moment snoring on my feet and son is tucked into my arm.. it’s just a little before 5am here and I’m wide awake... I got more sleep in 4 hours here than I have all week I think.. all the critters are doing well.. they were all very excited to see me yesterday and it made my heart happy!! My brother had been here when I got home yesterday and had cleaned the house for me... he’s the best!!! any way, I’m going to go make a cup of coffee... I think it may be my first glimpse of heaven ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I have a friend that works in surgery at the hospital peep in Jess’s room for me as I have not heard from hubby this morning.. she said they were both sleeping soundly. She checked with the nurse and Jess had a good night. Also confirmed that orders are in to get us moved to another floor:)). I am so happy this morning. I know that there will be a lot to go through for years to come but right now, Jess is already miles ahead of where they told me would even be possible.. so THANK YOU for all of your prayers and support and continued prayers! C2A441FB-3AC3-4BE4-860C-77116CB7FB79.jpeg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Well good morning... I had every intention of popping in last night to chat but I couldn’t get caught up fast enough... Slept in my own bed for the first time after 5 nights of the dreaded chair! Hospital insisted that we start taking 24 hour shifts ? Anyway, daughter is making a lot of progress now.. she was out of the hospital bed for the first time yesterday.. she skipped the walk and went from crawl to sprint 0-60.... lol. We have reason to believe that she may be moved from the ICU today.. my Cinder is at this moment snoring on my feet and son is tucked into my arm.. it’s just a little before 5am here and I’m wide awake... I got more sleep in 4 hours here than I have all week I think.. all the critters are doing well.. they were all very excited to see me yesterday and it made my heart happy!! My brother had been here when I got home yesterday and had cleaned the house for me... he’s the best!!! any way, I’m going to go make a cup of coffee... I think it may be my first glimpse of heaven ?
Most excellent news all round!
Yay.gifYay.gifYay.gifYay.gifYay.gifYay.gifYay.gif
I'll have a celebratory coffee too, I think.
coffee.gif

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I have a friend that works in surgery at the hospital peep in Jess’s room for me as I have not heard from hubby this morning.. she said they were both sleeping soundly. She checked with the nurse and Jess had a good night. Also confirmed that orders are in to get us moved to another floor:)). I am so happy this morning. I know that there will be a lot to go through for years to come but right now, Jess is already miles ahead of where they told me would even be possible.. so THANK YOU for all of your prayers and support and continued prayers! View attachment 306666
Topofworld.gif

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Oh yay! I’m so glad to here that she’s getting better. ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OK, I realize it's been a bit since we talked about men in kilts...Here is my 57 yr old son...His hair is past his waist, now I'll work on finding a hair photo. And if it wasn't here we had that kilt conversation, where was it???
View attachment 306660
No, you're right. . . just several days LATE!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's good to feel that you're upbeat! Makes me feel relieved.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have a friend that works in surgery at the hospital peep in Jess’s room for me as I have not heard from hubby this morning.. she said they were both sleeping soundly. She checked with the nurse and Jess had a good night. Also confirmed that orders are in to get us moved to another floor:)). I am so happy this morning. I know that there will be a lot to go through for years to come but right now, Jess is already miles ahead of where they told me would even be possible.. so THANK YOU for all of your prayers and support and continued prayers! View attachment 306666
I hope she doesn't over do and try to get ahead of the healing. ( what a lovey little doggy!)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That is wonderful news! Great pic?
Keeping you all in our prayers. ?????

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello everyone, just popped in to see how Heather and the family were doing.
Hope everyone is doing great!

Sunny bright breezy n cool. The sky is incredibly blue - winds from the North pushed #Sally out to the oceaneast of us. Filled the DELMARVA with cool fresh Canadian air. We’re 20 degrees colder than normal. No humidity - so Autumnal. I need to adjust Sullys thermostat up, nightbox temps dropping below 80. We’re also moving some plants back inside.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sunny bright breezy n cool. The sky is incredibly blue - winds from the North pushed #Sally out to the oceaneast of us. Filled the DELMARVA with cool fresh Canadian air. We’re 20 degrees colder than normal. No humidity - so Autumnal. I need to adjust Sullys thermostat up, nightbox temps dropping below 80. We’re also moving some plants back inside.
I hear ya on the cooler weather. William is here this week end getting all my sheds winter ready and my daughter has been moving plants into the greenhouse a few each day. Our nights have been dipping down close to upper 50sF.