COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Any zoos with pandas in your neck of the woods? They tend to be pretty picky, but they might be interested if it's the right type of bamboo.

it’s the standard hardy bamboo. I’m thinking if i chop it up and prune the branches That i can sellmthe bamboo stalks as garden stakes. 6 or 8 ft lengths.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
mmmm, I can see why that could be a problem. Maybe when she goes out, she should use a cane or wear one of those medical boots for a sprained ankle, then they will treat very differently. But if I look as good as her when I am her age I will be a very happy lady.
That's all so true. I'm 67 and small. Even children treat me like I'm a child because they're bigger. If I'm swollen I look normal to doctors. Young adults expect me to keep up with them. Even the medical boots don't work. I was ridiculed by an elderly woman for using one of those motorized shopping carts. I had a medical stabilizer on my leg that covered almost my whole left leg. The moral of the story is to treat people with respect and don't assume. It makes an *** out of U and ME. Anyway I had a teacher in around the 6th grade that said that and I try not to forget it.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's funny! I had the exact opposite problem!

Here's the story of my ducks.

Three different years, I raised a pair of ducklings when I was a kid. I was mama, and they would follow me everywhere. I built a chicken wire cage outside for them to sleep in. The cage had an old door laid on top to keep them in. Every evening my mom would stand on the back porch and watch and laugh hysterically as I would catch a duck, put it in the cage, catch the second one, and the first would escape while I'm getting the second one in...this was a nightly ritual for several weeks.

Each year, the pair would mature into adults and be extremely loyal to each other. My family has a summer place on the water in MD, and we would take the ducks there and set them free...time after time after time...they wouldn't go! They would follow me back to the house. Eventually they got the message and stayed on the water, but if I saw them and called, they would come running even two or three years later.

One time I spotted one swimming in circles. The wild ducks were picking on it, and its healthy brother was defending it.

I rowed my little boat to the bird, and he had gotten his leg caught in a muskrat trap that idiots would set along the shore. The leg was horribly mangled. So I took him home and Healthy Brother followed us, quacking all the way.

My parents, bless them, were sympathetic to my wailing and we took Broken Leg to the vet. Healthy Brother went too, since he jumped in the car. I carried Broken Leg in to the exam room, and Healthy Brother made circles on the floor under the exam table, quacking at the top of his lungs the entire time. It was actually embarrassing the racket he made.

The infection in the leg was awful. When "put to sleep" was mentioned, I went berserk, screaming and wailing. Remember, I was around 8 or 9.

So the vet said he would try to save him. We left Broken Leg, and dragged Healthy Brother home. No one slept that night.

Next day we go back to the vet. He had washed out Broken Leg's leg, set the bone, and put a cast on.

We took both ducks home, and every weekend we would bring them back to the summer place, where my job was to prevent Broken Leg from going into the water. I was kept running.

Eight weeks later my dad and I removed the cast...the leg had a big knot at the break site, but the duck was healthy and the leg was great. Then I had to get them to leave me again.

Those two ducks lived for at least 3 more years until I lost track of them. They never left each other's sides.
Actually that story proves my story is true. Ducks are nuts! In a Daffy way and I've actually played duck duck goose as a child.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
How did the MRI's go Karen? Everything okay with you? Sorry to be nosy.

View attachment 306428

They went very well! I had never had an MRI before, so I was a bit nervous about it. I'm not overly claustrophobic, but I could panic under certain circumstances. I was in the "tube" for a solid hour, not once brought out til I was done. It didn't bother me at all! No fear, it was loud, but they gave me earplugs to lessen the noise a bit. I did get really hot, and was soaked through when I was done, but that was a minor inconvenience.

The scans were of my lumbar and sacral area of my spine. I've been having some nerve pain down the back of my legs. Just checking it out.

Thanks for your concern! ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They went very well! I had never had an MRI before, so I was a bit nervous about it. I'm not overly claustrophobic, but I could panic under certain circumstances. I was in the "tube" for a solid hour, not once brought out til I was done. It didn't bother me at all! No fear, it was loud, but they gave me earplugs to lessen the noise a bit. I did get really hot, and was soaked through when I was done, but that was a minor inconvenience.

The scans were of my lumbar and sacral area of my spine. I've been having some nerve pain down the back of my legs. Just checking it out.

Thanks for your concern! ?
I'm surprised they didn't play some music for you. I think I've heard that some will. Hopefully they can find the source and fix it.?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Staying off my soapbox. Staying off my soapbox. Staying off my soapbox. Staying off my soapbox. Staying off my soapbox. Staying off my soapbox.

Maybe if I say it enough, it'll take. Please don't let me get started in this thread:
That has been debated at least once before. Stay away

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sjoe, that was a lot of catching up to do, and I still cannot get over how I missed Cathie's clues. Especially as I mentioned it, but did not link it to the mission. Sigh, so very disapointed in myself. I will never recover from this. Damn Duck!!!

Soooooo How is everybody? (Says I in a very sweet and innocent voice.)
Doing good even though I've been exterminated...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Of course! Anything less is just inconceivable... since I’m not home To take new pictures right now, I’m posting an older one. I’m missing my other babies too;-)... If we get Jess comfortable today, I’m going to let my husband come sit a few hours so I spend some time with them. I think I need to restore my placidity levels...View attachment 306452

And about that pond, it’s phenomenal... !
Awe. Thank you. And I live that pic. Gotto always cherish those ones.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It made perfect sense to someone who has only had one cup of tea because the milk has gone off. Blasted fridge didn't stay connected of enough now all the dairy items have to go, yogurt, cream,butter, margarine, what else is there?? Oh yes the food stuff that I am not allowed to mention but comes in enormous varieties and they are all dairy except vegan variety that is definitely not dairy, but the varieties are all good and rythme with please
I am sure there is a clue in there somewhere. ???