COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
@EllieMay
Still praying for Jessica. She is very brave.
Do you want to share how the accident happened? Was she at work?
Have you thought about having a good friend start Meal Train for your family for a few weeks? It really can take stress off.
Just put a cooler at the front door for drop offs.
I don’t really have enough answers to share a truthful story... we don’t think that she was intentionally shot but I do think that her group is trying to cover up what the boy was really doing when the gun discharged. She was shot with an Ak47... I have people coming out of the wood works to offering to help so I’m grateful. Just one minute to the next right now.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning, roommates! All’s well in my corner now that I was able to find my way back into the common room. New(er) roommates—don’t go off wandering in the dark. It’s very hard to find your way back if you lose it. Fortunately, @JoesMum, @ZEROPILOT and @Momof4 threw me a glowing jellyfish to get me out of the tunnels.

I’m enjoying Canada, even though those pesky black squirrels (that I used to find cute!?) ate all my cherry tomatoes and dug up all my herbs in the backyard. The cardinals and blue jays are gorgeous, although one blue jay almost gave a heart attack to my cat when it chased her, screaming murder for no reason. I had to be chased too, because I had the cat on a leash.

I have two cats from a rescue where I volunteer. They don’t particularly like each other but manage OK when treats are at stake. I also have three mollies (set up with advice from @ZEROPILOT and @AZtortMom) and a mysterious snail outbreak in the aquarium.

Job search came to a standstill as of March. But there’s always the local supermarket needing cashiers. At least nobody expects me to speak Danish there. Français, maybe, but at least not Danish—positive thinking???
Since I know your photography is excellent, I do expect to see some kitty pics..

. something will develop with the job soon.. I believe that for you!
Missed you!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It is more than likely your brain trying to tell you that you need to process what has happened so that you can deal with the anguish of it and then carry on. If I know you and by what i see your dreams are telling you, you have not admitted to yourself exactly what has happened. As difficult as it is, you should allow yourself to process it, acknowledge it and have a good cry. You will be better for it and will be able to be stronger for it. Either that or you need to talk to someone about it. It is not good to bottle it up.
Thank you Carol. I have been known to be bad like that.. I have had some moments but I’m not allowed many of them because I have to be strong for Jess.. I think when we get to a stable point, I will do better..

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
We worked on a very simple wee tea light over the last few hot humid wet days.
Spalted Maple with a dab of gunstock stain. Bees wax finish.

A light lit for @EllieMay & Family & especially her daughter.

View attachment 306307
OH THATS BEAUTIFUL.. and so special thank you lit that for us. Thank you!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Somehow someway something really hilariously funny just happened to me. I went to my personal photos in my phone and lo and behold there was Chubs smiling his face off. I don't know how I have it but there he was God love him. I'm snorting again...??
Disbelief.gif

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I don’t really have enough answers to share a truthful story... we don’t think that she was intentionally shot but I do think that her group is trying to cover up what the boy was really doing when the gun discharged. She was shot with an Ak47... I have people coming out of the wood works to offering to help so I’m grateful. Just one minute to the next right now.

Dear EllieMay,
After reading this post from you, the words that I am saying out loud right now are very inappropriate for this forum. An Ak47 is absurd to be on the streets or in kids hands. I am still praying and hoping all the best for you and family. I know you will pull through.. I can’t get you out of my mind.
Please feel free to vent or scream on here .
We are all here to help you along any way we can. We feel helpless. ?
If it would make you feel any better ya can kick the one legged man on here?
he needs a good kick in the pants lately....
Just sayin’.
?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
The update:). The second graft was successful and Jess has a strong pulse. They took her back into surgery this morning and Cleaned some veins & arteries and they closed her up .. they took her off the ventilator. She actually moved her finger and knew that she did it but has felt nothing else since. She has been in more pain since the closure and just recently has some complications.. ( fever, swelling, elevated heart rate). The trauma team came in and made some adjustments. They pulled some blood to
Send and see what’s going on. She is resting comfortably now and I’m praying that she doesn’t have to go back to surgery.. the next step after we get through this phase is just to wait. We will need to see what sensations and movement she will have if any as the vascular trauma heals and the nerves get settled.. this could take 1 day or 1 year... her shoulder is completely shattered and they are going to leave it alone.. there is nothing left to repair so she would most likely need a full replacement. They won’t proceed with this unless she gains some felling of use.. so she will not have any use of that side of her extremities for quite sometime. There was a lot of positives today... and a lot of unknowns..

Last edited:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Dear EllieMay,
After reading this post from you, the words that I am saying out loud right now are very inappropriate for this forum. An Ak47 is absurd to be on the streets or in kids hands. I am still praying and hoping all the best for you and family. I know you will pull through.. I can’t get you out of my mind.
Please feel free to vent or scream on here .
We are all here to help you along any way we can. We feel helpless. ?
If it would make you feel any better ya can kick the one legged man on here?
he needs a good kick in the pants lately....
Just sayin’.
?
I am so angry.. this was so senseless.. I am so lost... I don’t even know where to start except that I can’t let myself go down that road... yet..

I am so mad because senseless violence has changed my daughters life forever.. yet I’d really like to commit some senseless violence right now.. doesn’t make much sense does it1600139050061.png

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Knowing that you are both okay, I need to get some sleep.
I'll count toes.
I've got quite a lot of those, i think and wifey and Tidgy have a few each, so that might suffice.
Try to give them a little tickle as you count.. it’s good for the giggle:)

sleep well Adam!

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I am so angry.. this was so senseless.. I am so lost... I don’t even know where to start except that I can’t let myself go down that road... yet..

I am so mad because senseless violence has changed my daughters life forever.. yet I’d really like to commit some senseless violence right now.. doesn’t make much sense does itView attachment 306330
Actually it makes perfect sense.