5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
If I'm remembering correctly, Carol has bowsprit tortoises
I think they
If I'm remembering correctly, Carol has bowsprit tortoises
I think they identified the species.
It's called a parrot beaked tortoise. The new member hasn't responded for a few days. I got a feeling we might have been trolled.
Screenshot_20200812-102810_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
can you post her UTUBE channel name so I may watch her? I didn’t know her but I would LOVE to hear her sing and meet her for the first time . She seemed so lovely. I am so sorry for her pets as I read she loved them so much... wow.. all just like that , here one minute and ......? so incredibly sad ... I am sorry for everyone’s loss here. May peace come to all of you. ?
If I'm remembering correctly, it's Bee sings.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hot n humid and more thunderstorms on the way. I see there is a “heat wave” in the UK. They complain about dark dreary rainy windy gusty weather & complain about heat & drought!

Mid—August and our lawns are still lush & green here in Marylnd. Usually, the rains stop and things get parched. Not this year. Just hot, humid & wet.

Anyone looking for flower seeds?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
What confuses children is being taught different methods by different people. If they have learned one method, then it is better that everyone sticks to it.

You assume the method you learned is easiest, and so do I ;) , but we know and understand that. We can explain it to our children easily in a way they understand.

Because we don’t get the school method, we are rubbish at explaining it and add to the confusion rather than ease it.

Having worked in schools for a long time, I fully understand why every child needs to persist with the way they are taught in class, but I think they need to coach the parents too!
I can understand what you are saying. But I don't understand why they need to change something that worked.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Here is a photo of dear Sabine's resting place :
View attachment 303087
Thanks to her partner for this.
He also has kindly informed me of the animals.
Some cats are at the local animal shelter, others have gone to friends. The dogs, too.
The Greek tortoises are at the animal shelter. The Redfoots are with a friend who is a tortoise and turtle expert in Wuppertal.
The sulcatas have gone to an animal park in North-Rhine-Westphalia. The Aldabras are "in a real tortoise paradise" in Bavaria near Nuremburg. The guy there is a real tortoise freak whose animals live better than he does.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
@CarolM a new member posted this from S. Africa. Thinking it is a sulcata. After seeing pics it looks like a box turtle to me with the front triangle scute.
Have you seen this species where you live?View attachment 303116
I could be wrong, but I think it could be the
Padlooper tortoise, or it's other name is parrot beaked tortoise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200812-202744_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200812-202744_Samsung Internet.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 2