COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I feel like I’ve been hit in the chest with a hammer.
not that I know what that feels like. But chest is tight. Not slept at all. Fever 38.7.
head is absolutely pounding. Feels like pressure on front of my head on left side.
Im awaiting for the duty doctor to call me back but ? it’s nothing serious. I HOPE ??
Oh no. Shame. I really hope you feel better. I am worried though, I could be wrong, but those symptoms sound very much like the corona virus symptoms. I really hope not. Just take it easy and rest. Do you have anyone who can look after your animals while you are sick?

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Oh no. Shame. I really hope you feel better. I am worried though, I could be wrong, but those symptoms sound very much like the corona virus symptoms. I really hope not. Just take it easy and rest. Do you have anyone who can look after your animals while you are sick?
unfortunately not no. Neighbours are back at work.
I’m laid in bed but geez I feel so rotten.
I was ok yesterday morning. Then come afternoon I started to feel sluggish like all my energy had been sucked right outta me. Then come evening I started aching and head started pulsing like there’s pressure on front of my head left side.
chest feels like some bugger is giving me one hell of a bear hug. Temp was 38.3 it’s gone up to 38.7
hoping this doctor calls me back soon. But I’ll keep you updated ?

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Animals will be ok. I’ll sanitise before dealing with the kitten. Dragon and tort. Which I do anyway.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Animals will be ok. I’ll sanitise before dealing with the kitten. Dragon and tort. Which I do anyway.
I meant in case you cannot get out of bed. I really hope it does not get to that though.
Take vitamin c, zinc and vitamin d. They are supposed to help your immune system.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
What a wonderful post .
You will find that I constantly mock wifey, but I read her all the comments I make and she laughs. She knows I love her absolutely unconditionally , but she also knows the way I am. Better than I do, possibly. wifey is the bestest thing that ever happened to me.
I'm very glad you enjoyed my Esio Trot. I'm going to start on Kipling's "The Tort Who Walked By Himself" in the next few days.
I think I might be back for a while. I'm a little tired of prepping fossils with pins eight hours a day.
Yayyyyyy

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I meant in case you cannot get out of bed. I really hope it does not get to that though.
Take vitamin c, zinc and vitamin d. They are supposed to help your immune system.
I have Amy on standby just in case. Feel awful tho as she had her baby 3 days ago. But hopefully doesn’t come to that

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I'm not sure, because I've never had that cheese, but I'm thinking it's a VERY stinky cheese and Adam's way of making a joke.
Believe me, Durian (a fruit) smells considerably worse. Definitely an Adam joke.

Durian smells so bad that, in many countries, you aren’t allowed to travel on public transport with it.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It’s 2:32am here. And I’ve had to put my heating on for a bit just to take the chill off as it’s turned cold
Blimey.We are melting down south in Kent. The heating hasn’t been on for ages. Not so much as a jumper needed right now. mMy Mum, who loves in Buxton, has been saying it has been cold... and wet... up with her too. Although she won’t have put the heating on. I think it only ever gets switched on when we visit and only then when we turn blue :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
@Mystic_Queen mI hope you feel better soon. They will undoubtedly want you to do the Covid test. Fingers crossed that it is something considerably less serious.
My daughter, she’s 26, got very sick at the start of lockdown. Hih temperature, ached everywhere especially headache, complete loss of energy... but no cough. The fever broke after 5 days, but the energy levels took over a month to get to anything like normal. She slept a lot. We still don’t know if it was Coronavirus as testing wasn’t available then. Luckily we didn’t catch it from her.

If you’re feeling cold, the Wool Spider (if she exists) gets carried away with her knitting and the winter stockpile of woolly stocks is still in corner 7. She forgets we only have two legs, not eight. The Snow Leopard seems to be using them as a bed, cats are so good at finding cosy places, but I a, sure she will let you take some. :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
@Tidgy's Dad Adam it is so good to not see you back in the CDR. Montgomery is beside himself. I have given him a good dust and scratch behind the ears just now to apologise for neglecting our favourite coffee table of late :)

We currently have Extra Mature Cheddar (who doesn’t?), Gruyère and a very fine Stilton in the fridge... just to ensure we can check we haven’t lost our sense of taste of course :D

To all the new friends in the CDR, welcome! It is great to have the place bustling again. I will try not to crash into you in the gloom. Has anyone seen that rainbow-glow jellyfish? That’s new! It’s very cool :)

The one-legged pirate just brought me my decaf coffee, so I think I’ll pull up an Aardvark and make myself comfortable as I have a quiet morning ahead. :)

This afternoon my best friend is coming round for a socially distanced cuppa in the garden. She has bad Crohn’s Disease and is on immunosuppressants. She has been isolating from everyone, even her family, and is struggling with the real world. So I invited her to come round with her own drink and chair anwe can chat outside at a distance to help her get used to being out again.

Last edited:

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Believe me, Durian (a fruit) smells considerably worse. Definitely an Adam joke.

Durian smells so bad that, in many countries, you aren’t allowed to travel on public transport with it.
I've never smelled it before. Maybe that's why. Just as well, then.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Is it true that Moroccans (and most Africans and Middle Easterners) like their tea INCREDIBLY strong?
Well, I've visited all the Middle Eastern countries and about half of the African ones and i can say that they generally love their coffee very strong.
Tea? I don't think that's the case. Normally, it has to be ridiculously hot and super sweet, but strong, no.