COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Rose and I have been lucky so far. The hurricanes have missed as of yet since we moved to Florida. ?????
I didn't get a direct hit either. I was inland, in an area that never gets a direct hit. Butttt we had the stormy winds, rain, down trees, no power, and etc. I also had to help the people that had taken a direct hit and the people relocating. It was worth it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Best hopes and prayers
And Good Morning to one and All,

It is a beautiful sunny (but Cold) day here in SA.

I have got great news, we are getting the bearded Dragon so @Pastel Tortie I am going to need those tips on care. It is a boy and his name is Phoenix. Phoenix is brumating at the moment though. So although we will get him on the weekend, we will obviously not be able to handle him very much, as I don't want to disturb his brumation too much. But I am so excited and Jarrod is very excited as well. Phoenix will be staying in Jarrod's room, as the dogs etc, are not allowed in there, and due to the fact that Phoenix's cage is a low cage, it will be better if he is in Jarrod's room away from the other animals.

And I am still waiting for Cape Nature Reserve to give me my transport permit so that I can get my crested gecko. Ooh lots going on in my house. Today at lunch time I will be going to the local pet store to buy some dubia roaches and crickets so that I can start a colony and breed my own for my new family members. So @Pastel Tortie if you have any tips on that as well I would appreciate that too.

Anyway, Here's to hoping and wishing you all a beautiful, healthy, safe and sane day.
You get some fun.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
My whole life i loved lizards and snakes.. now i have tortoise they are so much easier.. chill outside with them without worrying about them running off when they get spooked.
Good thing, because the leashes don't fit as well on tortoises... as lizards. Granted, putting a leash on a snake probably wouldn't work that well, either.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Two or three months ago, I had to take my mother to the emergency room, at the instruction of her regular doctor (she needed something stronger than her regular doctor could administer at his practice). I had to drop her off at the ER entrance. The person I checked her in with told me the hospital's policy regarding visitors had been in flux lately, and it was seemingly changing by the hour.

So maybe once they get him situated, there may be more leeway for visiting. If there's any surgery involved, they probably won't let you in there until afterward anyway. Although whether they would do surgery or to what extent would be situation specific.

I know it's frustrating, and the not knowing is the worst. Hoping for the best. Warmest thoughts.

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
i dont even know how serious.. im trying to google sh*t
Sorry to hear that. I will keep him in my thoughts.
Where’s the good doctor when we need her?

I thought ruptures in the spleen were typically due to a trama like a car wreck? And the sooner it was found the better for him.
*hugs to you and your family*