COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all! I have been up working for several hours today... had to get all of my Computer work caught up and soon heading out to see a few customers today.. packing a lot in since I’ll be back in Houston tomorrow and Wednesday... hope everyone has a great Monday!
Since it is now Wednesday, I hope that you had a good Monday. I seem to have missed a few days and I am not sure exactly where they went. ?‍♀️ Most probably @Chubbs the tegu stole them or at least hid them somewhere.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yeah Monday, another warming to hot day. So far not as humid. No real storms scheduled to hit us, wish they would, we could use some rain again for the grass, trees, flowers. Day 18 of our heatwave, only a few more to go for record breakers.

Can’t for August ? when it’s usually hotter & drier.

My gardening & kayaking hours are now geared toward mornings.......
I feel for you. Also at the same time mornings are the best times for those sort of activities that and evenings. You would get beautiful scenery pics. Well even more beautiful than you always give us. I will also try to send you some of our cold days. to maybe relieve your heat a bit.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Sounds just like my Scooby. The power went off last night, and I was busy watching a movie (Frozen 2) and Scooby is under the blankets snoring, Stephen nudges me and says is that you? So I ask is what me, He replies the snoring! So I look at him and say how exactly am I supposed to snore while I am awake? ?‍♀️ but yeah Scooby snores just like that sometimes even worse.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So it is Wednesday and I want to know wens did the days disappear too. At least we have a few nice a warm days (or at least warmer days) to look forward to. Yayyyyy.

I am still waiting on the permit from Cape Nature Reserve. Aiyeee I have never had any patience (which is why I never became a doctor. ? ;))

There is the possibility that we might get a bearded dragon. It belongs to my bosses daughter. She might sell it to us, but she is still deciding.

1594804904963.png

Anyway we will see how it pans out. Either way I will getting a few things that I have wanted to get for quite a while. I just have to be patient.

Not much else is going on here. So I will wait on some shenanigans from you lot and enjoy the ride.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So it is Wednesday and I want to know wens did the days disappear too. At least we have a few nice a warm days (or at least warmer days) to look forward to. Yayyyyy.

I am still waiting on the permit from Cape Nature Reserve. Aiyeee I have never had any patience (which is why I never became a doctor. ? ;))

There is the possibility that we might get a bearded dragon. It belongs to my bosses daughter. She might sell it to us, but she is still deciding.

View attachment 300081

Anyway we will see how it pans out. Either way I will getting a few things that I have wanted to get for quite a while. I just have to be patient.

Not much else is going on here. So I will wait on some shenanigans from you lot and enjoy the ride.

OUCH! On the doctor with no patients pun.... good one.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Sounds just like my Scooby. The power went off last night, and I was busy watching a movie (Frozen 2) and Scooby is under the blankets snoring, Stephen nudges me and says is that you? So I ask is what me, He replies the snoring! So I look at him and say how exactly am I supposed to snore while I am awake? ?‍♀️ but yeah Scooby snores just like that sometimes even worse.
Lol!!! So what I’m getting out of this is that we could definitely watch movies together (I love Disney) with a sound barrier for our furry children... lol

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning!!! I am at the MD Anderson facility already this morning getting dad checked in for another procedure.. some of his test results have disqualified him for the clinical trials study with immunotherapy.. he’s pretty disheartened. He’s having a Bronchoscopy done this morning and we should get better informed on the spreading (if any) of his cancer.. after this, we will go home and be done until next week. I’ll be trolling online for hours while in wait:) maybe I’ll catch a couple Yellowstone flicks On the The iPad..

So Happy hump day!!!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida

View attachment 300081

She reminds a lot of Red Lady!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
She reminds a lot of Red Lady!
Could you by any chance give me a good care sheet for bearded dragons? I am looking on the internet, but don't want to make the mistake of following an incorrect one. And since I know that you have had one for quite a while now, I figure you would know the best way to care for them.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Could you by any chance give me a good care sheet for bearded dragons? I am looking on the internet, but don't want to make the mistake of following an incorrect one. And since I know that you have had one for quite a while now, I figure you would know the best way to care for them.
I will... Nudge me tomorrow if it slips my memory, though. I have a couple projects that have to be done today. :)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hey. I was out kayaking this morning. We got on the water early before the heat, and today was less overall humid. Here are a few snaps where we took our first little break, where Maryland’s West River meets the Chesapeake Bay, just a few miles south of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

View attachment 300027View attachment 300028View attachment 300029View attachment 300030

And one pix of my cohort paddling back into our launch spot.
View attachment 300032
I have never been in a kayak. I can barely swim. Don't own a pair of shorts or a bathing suit, but your pictures tell me I am missing out on something beautiful and fun. I just love the photos, great color, beautiful vista's, just wow

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Bananas are loving the heat & the 10 gallons or so of water I provide daily...as my wife says “self inflicted”...
Here you can see the large pot i have them in. When Frost comes, i cut them back & drag into the garage.
View attachment 300087
[/QUOTE
Looking great! Will you be able to harvest the fruit this year?