COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
And I would have loved my surprise fairy birthday cake.?

Of course you would!!! It would have been baked by Martha Stewart or Betty Crocker.... or if you were really lucky, someone in Linda’s family... anyone but me!!! (I of course, would have made sure it was gorgeous and taste tested it also for perfection ?)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Of course you would!!! It would have been baked by Martha Stewart or Betty Crocker.... or if you were really lucky, someone in Linda’s family... anyone but me!!! (I of course, would have made sure it was gorgeous and taste tested it also for perfection ?)
I like the way you think.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I've got a bit of a conundrum and maybe there's somebody out there who may have a bit of advice for me.

Years ago I put my son on the deed to my property, thinking that when I die it would be easier for him to deal with the property. He has had NO responsibility regarding the property - hasn't paid the taxes, hasn't paid for any improvements, doesn't do anything at all about this property. It is in name only.

So now to the road widening project the city is undergoing. I'm selling a bit of frontage to the city. In reality, this means MY SON and I are selling a bit of frontage to the city. So far both of us have signed the contract and the conveyance to the city papers, but now we're coming to the closing and the distribution of funds and the title company has sent me the paperwork to sign.

My son is in Texas and I'm in California. If I ask for the money to be electronically transferred into my bank account, the bank will refuse it because it will be in my and my son's names. If I ask them to issue a check and send it to me, then I have to TRUST the mail to get it to my son safely for him to endorse, then send it safely back to me.

I'm thinking of opening a separate account in both our names, having the funds deposited into that account, then taking his name off the account. I haven't spoken to the bank yet, so I don't know if that's even possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

if you go back and forth through the mail ,
I would “sertify” it. That way you both have to sign it once you receive it in the mail. That way you’ll both know the other one got it safely.
The banks might want both people present when opening an account under both peoples names???

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I just want to say that I'm actually kind of proud of a certain 13-year-old in Massachusetts for how far he has come in just a few days. He still has a ways to go (don't we all), but his questions are getting more specific, and I am seeing more signs of him doing his "homework," looking things up, and trying to make sense of the massive amount of information in this huge learning curve. I really hope this works out.

This is where that thread stands currently. I think the kid is afraid of being fussed at or ridiculed, so please try to be in a supportive frame of mind if you drop by.
https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/what-enclosure-should-i-get.184075/page-12

I haven't mentioned this before, but he did send me a message a few days ago (when I asked about the origin of the hatchling) divulging where they bought the redfoot hatchling from, and it's from one of the vendors we would have tried to steer them clear of, if they'd found us first. So I'm guessing that's probably why he was reluctant to say (as the likely responses regarding that vendor would not have been favorable).

Last edited:

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I just want to say that I'm actually kind of proud of a certain 13-year-old in Massachusetts for how far he has come in just a few days. He still has a ways to go (don't we all), but his questions are getting more specific, and I am seeing more signs of him doing his "homework," looking things up, and trying to make sense of the massive amount of information in this huge learning curve. I really hope this works out.

This is where that thread stands currently. I think the kid is afraid of being fussed at or ridiculed, so please try to be in a supportive frame of mind if you drop by.
https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/what-enclosure-should-i-get.184075/page-12

I haven't mentioned this before, but he did send me a message a few days ago (when I asked about the origin of the hatchling) divulging where they bought the redfoot hatchling from, and it's from one of the vendors we would have tried to steer them clear of, if they'd found us first. So I'm guessing that's probably why he was reluctant to say (as the likely responses regarding that vendor would not have been favorable).
I finally found the thread and now I know what you guys have been talking about.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I finally found the thread and now I know what you guys have been talking about.
I hope you don't think I'm absolutely crazy...

Granted, I once explained to a co-worker (former supervisor, actually) why my response to "How are you?" is usually "I'm good," instead of "I am well." It's because I consider "I am good" to be a character statement (good vs. evil, or whatever), but my opinion is that "I am well" is a statement about the speaker's mental health... which I don't feel qualified to make! ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Oh u have a jacksons. Very cool. He doesnt mind being held?
No... he looks pissy in this picture because I had to clean his cage and he’s just done shedding again... he’s pretty chill;-) my son probably gets him out the most and will let him ride around on his head... he actually seems to enjoy it... he will turn a dark purple blackish color when he’s not in a good pace..

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I'm not fond of snakes or lizards, however, I really love looking at the chameleons. They almost look cartoonish. He looks mighty healthy.
Their eyes really amuse me!!! I’ll have to get you a more colorful picture:)
Now that I have my feet wet in the chameleon world, I’d really love to have a Panther... their colors are amazing and they get a bit bigger...they also cost a lot more $$$ Maybe in a few years ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
No... he looks pissy in this picture because I had to clean his cage and he’s just done shedding again... he’s pretty chill;-) my son probably gets him out the most and will let him ride around on his head... he actually seems to enjoy it... he will turn a dark purple blackish color when he’s not in a good pace..

Interesting. So what exactly is this? Im not sure wifey is up for anything else.!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Well I’m proud of you for having the foresight to see it through... I’m still skeptical but I would never ridicule a child.