COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Are you really in Massachusetts too? Maybe you can chat with his parents while you're at it.....
Holy cats, you are suggesting that someone named after a fat lizard, has the ability to 'talk to his parents'. See, you are already helping him make a joke

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
@Pastel Tortie you too? You want MY keys to get all sugered up and stick? I'm relatively certain that I have some sort of voice commands, it's not easy to lose me
No, I don't want your keys to stick... You're tons of fun to read! Actually, I enjoy the way you and @Chubbs the tegu pick on each other (because I know you're friends)!

You make me smile. ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Ok. Back to the weather.

How in the world am i going to keep the garden tidy?

?? With TS Fay now well east and north of us and currently 89 at DCA, 90 is an easy get for today. This means we now have 15 consecutive days at 90 or higher. I think we will break the longest streak which is 21 ... we could easily have 24

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Ok. Back to the weather.

How in the world am i going to keep the garden tidy?

?? With TS Fay now well east and north of us and currently 89 at DCA, 90 is an easy get for today. This means we now have 15 consecutive days at 90 or higher. I think we will break the longest streak which is 21 ... we could easily have 24
Hrmm... Telekinesis?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
You have a good Tuesday too! Long posts never bother me. Hopefully they'll test you and let you know what you're fighting. And Why oh why do those critters always have a smile on their face? ?
I did get tested and thankfully it is just normal flu. So back to the office on Monday.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well I’ll be hoping for negative Covid results and praying that whatever it is passes quickly! Can’t wait to see the gecko.. he looks pretty cool... would ya believe that I’ve never had one??? ??
It did come back negative. Yay. And I cannot wait to get my gecko. I apparently first have to get a transport permit and then once it is here I must apply for a captivity permit. It is taking longer than I anticipated. ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good afternoon all! Took me a while to get caught up today.. Yesterday’s visit with my dad at MD Anderson was packed full of appointments. I really liked their team and left last night feeling positive. The oncologist used terms like “early stages” and “curative treatment” so that was really optimistic... I came home last night to try and put some things in order and will be headed back in the morning early. There are more appointments and tests and procedures tomorrow and Thursday... I think ultimately we are headed for surgery that will require a weeks stay but this is all really a drop in the bucket if he comes through cancer free...

On another note, I have 4 deer that are mostly staying in the pasture and I saw the momma fox while riding the horse earlier...
So glad that things are looking positive for your Dad.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sorry to hear you've had the flu, but I'm glad it's just the flu. Hope you feel better soon!

yes! Great, not COVID. But on the same topic, I’m struggling with the thought/reasoning of all of the people (families) cramped into vehicles in Florida, Texas & Arizona lined up for the COVID “test“ which to date is really not all that accurate.

Why queue up for LONG hours just for a questionable test? TV is showing LONG lines of cars waiting 10-18 hours or more just for the questionable test. Why? If I start seeing symptoms of COVID, i think wifey would simply lock me up in the wood shed & hook up a remote system to provide food & water. But, why would folks lock themselves in vehicles waiting? Eventually, if I get a fever, can’t breath & have “COVID - related” symptoms, I’ll call 911 and get on hold there. But the long lines just for testing? Just scratching my head. @Pastel Tortie - with your b/g why?

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
yes! Great, not COVID. But on the same topic, I’m struggling with the thought/reasoning of all of the people (families) cramped into vehicles in Florida, Texas & Arizona lined up for the COVID “test“ which to date is really not all that accurate.

Why queue up for LONG hours just for a questionable test? TV is showing LONG lines of cars waiting 10-18 hours or more just for the questionable test. Why? If I start seeing symptoms of COVID, i think wifey would simply lock me up in the wood shed & hook up a remote system to provide food & water. But, why would folks lock themselves in vehicles waiting? Eventually, if I get a fever, can’t breath & have “COVID - related” symptoms, I’ll call 911 and get on hold there. But the long lines just for testing? Just scratching my head. @Pastel Tortie - with your b/g why?
If I am exposed or think I have COVID either I don’t work 14 days or I sit in the heat for hours to be tested. As a physician I get testing priority but I won’t cut in front so for hours in 117 you sit. A better question is why we find ourselves doing stupid things like this rather than simply making enough tests so that we can actually test people instead of lying about it.