COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I have no problem admitting that I am occasionally wrong though:)))
Well...I enjoy a good brain storm. I ask my friends, " what do you really think of my idea on some projects?" They know I'm asking for them to share all the negatives they have on a subject.hehehe...

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I had the same thought.
It did also occur to me. That being said, you never know (especially with a new member) the exact background and context of the situation.

They probably are looking for attention, to some degree, but haven't figured out how to do that yet. Navigating the forum and figuring out the unwritten rules of how some of these Off Topic threads work can present a steep learning curve too, but it's easier and generally more acceptable to seek attention that (this) way.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I don’t think that’s the same at all... one question is just that ... simply a question. Everyone does that and there really aren’t dumb questions.. if there were, I’d be the queen of them.... I guess what I was really thinking was that this kid made a conscious decision to get a pet not once, but twice... and he/she seems absolutely clueless.. yet they have clearly made some decisions about the care they will provide.... just seemed kind of suspicious...
Yea. Who let's a 13 year old buy 2 babies? Also let their child go online and tell about releasing a captive non native reptile. But?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Yea. Who let's a 13 year old buy 2 babies? Also let their child go online and tell about releasing a captive non native reptile. But?
Who lets...? Who funds a 13-year-old to buy two hatchling tortoises?

I mean, sulcatas are relatively inexpensive... but redfoots?