Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Some of our younger (youngest) members are more savvy and/or more experienced than others when it comes to reptile care. Our very own @TechnoCheese comes across as much older and wiser than her actual age suggests.

They (and We) all have to start somewhere.
I’ll agree that everyone starts somewhere but education is a choice these days.. those kinds of threads make me a little angry

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I’ll agree that everyone starts somewhere but education is a choice these days.. those kinds of threads make me a little angry
More frustrated than angry, I think... Although maybe a little bit angry toward the parents for not researching what they're getting into. Even the smartest kid needs help and support for something like a tortoise. We've seen plenty of threads with adults that need varying degrees of help with getting it right.

The learning curve for a 13-year-old... with a hatchling tortoise... is HUGE. Usually we get to deal with the parents directly. However, we do have a number of new, young members on the forum, and well... We need to raise them right. ;)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Some of our younger (youngest) members are more savvy and/or more experienced than others when it comes to reptile care. Our very own @TechnoCheese comes across as much older and wiser than her actual age suggests.

I agree.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
More frustrated than angry, I think... Although maybe a little bit angry toward the parents for not researching what they're getting into. Even the smartest kid needs help and support for something like a tortoise. We've seen plenty of threads with adults that need varying degrees of help with getting it right.

The learning curve for a 13-year-old... with a hatchling tortoise... is HUGE. Usually we get to deal with the parents directly. However, we do have a number of new, young members on the forum, and well... We need to raise them right. ;)
I think people are getting played! It almost looks like some of the questions are researched to be dumb.. if you would ask all the questions in a thread, why wouldn’t you look them up.. it’s like playing for a reaction! I guess I’m just a cynical soul???

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

At 13, if you are technical enough to find this forum, you can surely utilize the resources?? Tough love!!! But Yes, I know.... even my daughter says I’m a hard sell..

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

HER??? I have always thought TechnoCheese was male lol!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ok... what the hell is the elbow punch thingy??? Lol
You know!!! The thing your boy does when he’s all excited and got something right. He’s like “Yessss!” And makes the fist and pulls his elbow back??? I don’t know how the heck to explain something like that???