COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good Morning all,

Well I went to bed last night with a dry cough, sneezing, slightly scratchy throat and tossed and turned the whole night because I was either too hot or my body just was feeling wierd and could not get comfortable. I am staying at home today and I am waiting for my doctor to advise if I should get tested for the corona virus. I am sure it is just the normal flu, as it is our flu season now (I was not able to get a flu vacccine as I had just recovered from the flu and was struggling with my lungs still when the vaccine came out - beside I have heard that if you have never had the vaccine then the first time it hits you very bad and I did not think that this was the right time to start getting the vaccine) Anyway, we will see if I just have the normal flu or if I will be tested for covid-19.

I worry though, because if I do have it, Stephen is diabetic and he will probably have it by now as well. Which is so not good, I believe that diabetics are the worst cases here in SA for the covid-19 virus.

Anyway enough about covid, she has had enough talking about her for a while now and it is time to talk about something else.

So I have decided to get a crested gecko to put in my enclosure that I had for my baby tortoises. They have all be upgraded to their enclosure outside permantely and are very happy even in this winter weather. The eggs that were laid last year never hatched. So I wanted to put something in my enclsoure that I have. And after a lot of research I at first wanted to put an African Fat Tailed gecko in, but apparently we are not allowed to have them here in Cape Town. You can keep them in Durban which is wierd. So the next choices were a Pictus Gecko or a Crested Gecko.

View attachment 299347Pictus Gecko

or the Crested Gecko:

View attachment 299348

I decided on the crested as they apparently live for 20 years and they look the closest to a dragon for me. (well for what I can keep in my enclosure - with it being a humid enclosure) The only draw back is that they do like to jump, so I will need to be careful and make sure that I keep an eye on the jumping so that it does not go and jump onto the cat or dog etc.

Anyway have an awesome Tuesday. And sorry for the long post.
You have a good Tuesday too! Long posts never bother me. Hopefully they'll test you and let you know what you're fighting. And Why oh why do those critters always have a smile on their face? ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Don't ever apologize for a long post. I make long posts frequently, and I don't apologize for them. I am a gabby person, and will make a long post iffen I want to. You make all the long posts you want. They will either read them, or they won't
Yep. Sometimes it takes a few more words to make things clear.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well...we finally got a thunderstorm with some rain. Yeah!!!! It'll break up that stagnant choke hold that the heat has had on us for days.
The temperature dropped from 93°f to 72°f in around 15 minutes. Leave it to Ohio. If you don't like the weather right now give it a few. You can at least count on it. It will change.??????

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
The temperature dropped from 93°f to 72°f in around 15 minutes. Leave it to Ohio. If you don't like the weather right now give it a few. You can at least count on it. It will change.??????

Happens here too. A quick moving front moves all the nasty hot muggy air out. Thunderstorms. Repeat. Big storm moving up the coastline might bring even more heat rain humidity by Thursday..

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you Maggie. appreciate the support. To be honest, I am most probably not really sorry, as I do tend to like posting long posts most of the time. But every now and then I feel guilty and feel the need to apologies. Go Figure. Silly me.
Yes silly you. I used to roll on the floor laughing over ur take on the weeks happenings here in the CDR.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happens here too. A quick moving front moves all the nasty hot muggy air out. Thunderstorms. Repeat. Big storm moving up the coastline might bring even more heat rain humidity by Thursday..
We had air quality alerts for the last 2 days but it's been hazy and hot for a lot more. It was in the process of breaking records for the length of time we had 90°+. Well...I have clean fresh air to breathe again. And my WiFi weather thingys are still saying 72°....?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I love the sound of thunder. I've got a summer rain thunder going on here. It's not raining but I can hear it in the distance. It may just fly by. By the sound of it right now Maybe Not!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good Morning all,

Well I went to bed last night with a dry cough, sneezing, slightly scratchy throat and tossed and turned the whole night because I was either too hot or my body just was feeling wierd and could not get comfortable. I am staying at home today and I am waiting for my doctor to advise if I should get tested for the corona virus. I am sure it is just the normal flu, as it is our flu season now (I was not able to get a flu vacccine as I had just recovered from the flu and was struggling with my lungs still when the vaccine came out - beside I have heard that if you have never had the vaccine then the first time it hits you very bad and I did not think that this was the right time to start getting the vaccine) Anyway, we will see if I just have the normal flu or if I will be tested for covid-19.

I worry though, because if I do have it, Stephen is diabetic and he will probably have it by now as well. Which is so not good, I believe that diabetics are the worst cases here in SA for the covid-19 virus.

Anyway enough about covid, she has had enough talking about her for a while now and it is time to talk about something else.

So I have decided to get a crested gecko to put in my enclosure that I had for my baby tortoises. They have all be upgraded to their enclosure outside permantely and are very happy even in this winter weather. The eggs that were laid last year never hatched. So I wanted to put something in my enclsoure that I have. And after a lot of research I at first wanted to put an African Fat Tailed gecko in, but apparently we are not allowed to have them here in Cape Town. You can keep them in Durban which is wierd. So the next choices were a Pictus Gecko or a Crested Gecko.

View attachment 299347Pictus Gecko

or the Crested Gecko:

View attachment 299348

I decided on the crested as they apparently live for 20 years and they look the closest to a dragon for me. (well for what I can keep in my enclosure - with it being a humid enclosure) The only draw back is that they do like to jump, so I will need to be careful and make sure that I keep an eye on the jumping so that it does not go and jump onto the cat or dog etc.

Anyway have an awesome Tuesday. And sorry for the long post.
Well I’ll be hoping for negative Covid results and praying that whatever it is passes quickly! Can’t wait to see the gecko.. he looks pretty cool... would ya believe that I’ve never had one??? ??

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good afternoon all! Took me a while to get caught up today.. Yesterday’s visit with my dad at MD Anderson was packed full of appointments. I really liked their team and left last night feeling positive. The oncologist used terms like “early stages” and “curative treatment” so that was really optimistic... I came home last night to try and put some things in order and will be headed back in the morning early. There are more appointments and tests and procedures tomorrow and Thursday... I think ultimately we are headed for surgery that will require a weeks stay but this is all really a drop in the bucket if he comes through cancer free...

On another note, I have 4 deer that are mostly staying in the pasture and I saw the momma fox while riding the horse earlier...