COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Good Morning all,

Well I went to bed last night with a dry cough, sneezing, slightly scratchy throat and tossed and turned the whole night because I was either too hot or my body just was feeling wierd and could not get comfortable. I am staying at home today and I am waiting for my doctor to advise if I should get tested for the corona virus. I am sure it is just the normal flu, as it is our flu season now (I was not able to get a flu vacccine as I had just recovered from the flu and was struggling with my lungs still when the vaccine came out - beside I have heard that if you have never had the vaccine then the first time it hits you very bad and I did not think that this was the right time to start getting the vaccine) Anyway, we will see if I just have the normal flu or if I will be tested for covid-19.

I worry though, because if I do have it, Stephen is diabetic and he will probably have it by now as well. Which is so not good, I believe that diabetics are the worst cases here in SA for the covid-19 virus.

Anyway enough about covid, she has had enough talking about her for a while now and it is time to talk about something else.

So I have decided to get a crested gecko to put in my enclosure that I had for my baby tortoises. They have all be upgraded to their enclosure outside permantely and are very happy even in this winter weather. The eggs that were laid last year never hatched. So I wanted to put something in my enclsoure that I have. And after a lot of research I at first wanted to put an African Fat Tailed gecko in, but apparently we are not allowed to have them here in Cape Town. You can keep them in Durban which is wierd. So the next choices were a Pictus Gecko or a Crested Gecko.

View attachment 299347Pictus Gecko

or the Crested Gecko:

View attachment 299348

I decided on the crested as they apparently live for 20 years and they look the closest to a dragon for me. (well for what I can keep in my enclosure - with it being a humid enclosure) The only draw back is that they do like to jump, so I will need to be careful and make sure that I keep an eye on the jumping so that it does not go and jump onto the cat or dog etc.

Anyway have an awesome Tuesday. And sorry for the long post.
Don't ever apologize for a long post. I make long posts frequently, and I don't apologize for them. I am a gabby person, and will make a long post iffen I want to. You make all the long posts you want. They will either read them, or they won't

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Don't ever apologize for a long post. I make long posts frequently, and I don't apologize for them. I am a gabby person, and will make a long post iffen I want to. You make all the long posts you want. They will either read them, or they won't
Thank you Maggie. appreciate the support. To be honest, I am most probably not really sorry, as I do tend to like posting long posts most of the time. But every now and then I feel guilty and feel the need to apologies. Go Figure. Silly me.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Thank you Maggie. appreciate the support. To be honest, I am most probably not really sorry, as I do tend to like posting long posts most of the time. But every now and then I feel guilty and feel the need to apologies. Go Figure. Silly me.
Guilt is something I don't feel

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Tell me about it.
LOL, Tell me about that too. I definitely think that I am getting closer to that point than I like to admit sometimes. Even though I am actually not really that old.
I basically am different. I am a very lazy person, yet, I have a 3 bdrm 2 bth house with gardens and lawn. I must take care of all that, but then I have 18 parakeets 15 box turtles 2 cats and 3 tortoises. So I decide what to care for everyday. And sometimes I just hold down the couch and watch old movies all day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Unless I am mistaken, I BELIEVE today is a PARTICULARY auspicious day: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YVONNE G!!!!:):<3:
Yup, it sure is. And thank you for remembering! Nothing special planned. My daughter just brought me a plate of freshly made brownies and a pair of the type of flip flops I've been wanting (Sketcher brand). (My 8 mos old kitten just hooked her tail over my desk lamp, it fell and scared her and now I have bloody skid marks on both arms and my thighs.)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Unless I am mistaken, I BELIEVE today is a PARTICULARY auspicious day: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YVONNE G!!!!:):<3:
How damned embarrassing it can be when a relative stranger can announce my sister's b'day, and I the sister, mostly either forget or remember the wrong date. Damn, Happy day Yvonne

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
How damned embarrassing it can be when a relative stranger can announce my sister's b'day, and I the sister, mostly either forget or remember the wrong date. Damn, Happy day Yvonne
OMG that is why I stay married to my wife- her parents are the absolute best! They have given or sent me a birthday card for every birthday since I married their daughter 23 years ago. My parents combined couldn't hit 12 even when my pops was alive. But hell she put enough work in early!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I basically am different. I am a very lazy person, yet, I have a 3 bdrm 2 bth house with gardens and lawn. I must take care of all that, but then I have 18 parakeets 15 box turtles 2 cats and 3 tortoises. So I decide what to care for everyday. And sometimes I just hold down the couch and watch old movies all day.
I think you have more than enough to do, just want to watch movies all day sometimes. I can definitely understand that.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yup, it sure is. And thank you for remembering! Nothing special planned. My daughter just brought me a plate of freshly made brownies and a pair of the type of flip flops I've been wanting (Sketcher brand). (My 8 mos old kitten just hooked her tail over my desk lamp, it fell and scared her and now I have bloody skid marks on both arms and my thighs.)
Oh dear. Well you won't forget this one very soon.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I like crochet too. Self taught, mostly. I haven't done any crochet in a while because the weather has been uncomfortably warm. Usually when I'm working on a crochet project, there's a cat in my lap and the project resting on top of the cat.
I enjoy any type of hand needlework. But I can't just make myself do it. I have to be inspired by the project to be able to keep working on it. The type I've really not been able to understand is knitting until lately. I love the patterns but for some reason it's really hard for me to count the stitches. If I make a booboo, I can't fix it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That is my problem though I love reading and if I pick up a book now to read at work because I have nothing to do, then I don't want to do anything else becasue I then get stuck into reading and it takes over everything. Which is not good, because I do have work to do at home which would be put aside in favour of reading. I really need to learn some self control.
I hear ya. I need to learn that too. But you know what they say about old birds.