COLD DARK ROOM

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix
Jealous. It looks beautiful. Just got stung by a scorpion for the first time in 60years in AZ. Ironically it was a scorpion sting that got me on the tortoise forum as my little desert tortoise got stung. He’s doing fine but I am having a lot more sympathy for him as my finger is an absolute agony and it’s been 2 1/2 hours of icing already. I didn’t even have the pleasure of killing the stupid scorpion is it managed to get away from me not that it was his fault. Here’s a pic of my finger five minutes after I got stung when I washed my hands.

A601722F-4E79-43EB-A311-028FB47522B9.jpeg65A8889C-D488-4E13-B324-BCAFCE0E986F.jpeg

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
Thank you and I’ve got to say it is so much worse. I am now at 3 1/2 hours from the sting and had iced for the entire time off and on and my entire hand is throbbing with the finger so it’s painful I can’t touch it and pain shooting up my arm with a little bit of pain in my shoulder and tingling in my lips. Weirdly, this is actually a little better than a half an hour ago. I’ve been stung by both bees and wasps in this is way worse. Not only more painful but a bit more frightening.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Just back from a very hot early morning paddle. We were on the water by 0700 & off around 1100. Baking hot. Real feel temps in the 110 range!

A Shady Spot fir Lunch
View attachment 299062View attachment 299063
I have a cord I'd love to just give you for your 2010 w90. I tried to order an I-usb7 from Adorama and wound up with another cord for free that I can't and never will use. My camera is the black one manufactured in 2010 not a green one. It's the cord that connects the camera via usb to the computer. It's actually 6' long. I would love to find a good home for it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you and I’ve got to say it is so much worse. I am now at 3 1/2 hours from the sting and had iced for the entire time off and on and my entire hand is throbbing with the finger so it’s painful I can’t touch it and pain shooting up my arm with a little bit of pain in my shoulder and tingling in my lips. Weirdly, this is actually a little better than a half an hour ago. I’ve been stung by both bees and wasps in this is way worse. Not only more painful but a bit more frightening.
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'll be thinking, hoping, and praying. Sometimes I'll use a baking soda poultice or my morning stale coffee patted on for bee stings or burns. ? I hope you're out of pain soon.?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sounds like they inject a toxin. Too late now, but for future reference I've had some relief from wasp stings by making a poultice of baking soda paste. As it dries it draws out the poison, but you have to do it right away.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sounds like they inject a toxin. Too late now, but for future reference I've had some relief from wasp stings by making a poultice of baking soda paste. As it dries it draws out the poison, but you have to do it right away.
I used a baking soda bath on my first born when he got an ant bite. He had had an allergic reaction and it still helped even used later. It definitely works.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you to you both. Hopefully there won’t be a next time but if there is I’ll be sure to try that.
Why not now? The ice might have kept it from spreading to much. If there's still some toxins there it could draw them out instead of going through you. Just a thought. Hopefully this post is too late and you're feeling better.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Jealous. It looks beautiful. Just got stung by a scorpion for the first time in 60years in AZ. Ironically it was a scorpion sting that got me on the tortoise forum as my little desert tortoise got stung. He’s doing fine but I am having a lot more sympathy for him as my finger is an absolute agony and it’s been 2 1/2 hours of icing already. I didn’t even have the pleasure of killing the stupid scorpion is it managed to get away from me not that it was his fault. Here’s a pic of my finger five minutes after I got stung when I washed my hands.

View attachment 299064View attachment 299065
Ouch!!!! My mother had a problem with scorpions... peppermint oil will run them off ( and most anything else) right fast if you can stand the smell!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well my day didn’t go at all planned... I went out to check on the new horse and noticed that it had some abdominal swelling and was heaving while breathing so we took a flying trip to the vet... His heart sounded good but there was some inflammation in his lungs... I noticed the other day that he broke out in hives after rubbing on a cypress tree but they went away with a couple hours so I didn’t think much on that.. my paint horse had the same reaction and she learned to stay away from the cypress tree.. anyway, we are treating with some antibiotics and albuterol... I’m hopeful that it’s nothing more than the stress of the move and some seasonal allergies... I’ll be keeping a close eye on him... then the dealership that had my side x side called and said that they had put the new parts on..... but it didn’t fix the problem.. so we went to Walmart instead to get our groceries for tomorrow.. Texas incorporates the mandatory mask rule at noon today and it was already too hot to breathe! Walmart was a mad house so it was a trip from hell!!!
SO I’m grilling a steak and having a beer;-) Cheers

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
Well my day didn’t go at all planned... I went out to check on the new horse and noticed that it had some abdominal swelling and was heaving while breathing so we took a flying trip to the vet... His heart sounded good but there was some inflammation in his lungs... I noticed the other day that he broke out in hives after rubbing on a cypress tree but they went away with a couple hours so I didn’t think much on that.. my paint horse had the same reaction and she learned to stay away from the cypress tree.. anyway, we are treating with some antibiotics and albuterol... I’m hopeful that it’s nothing more than the stress of the move and some seasonal allergies... I’ll be keeping a close eye on him... then the dealership that had my side x side called and said that they had put the new parts on..... but it didn’t fix the problem.. so we went to Walmart instead to get our groceries for tomorrow.. Texas incorporates the mandatory mask rule at noon today and it was already too hot to breathe! Walmart was a mad house so it was a trip from hell!!!
SO I’m grilling a steak and having a beer;-) Cheers
I hope your day gets better. Last week one of my horses had a surgical colic and I’m still stunned by my credit card bill. He’s doing well though.