COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
So there is a post from a guy in east tx wanting to trade a leopard for a sulcata... I would actually consider doing that with a well known established member but his posts don’t show longevity in care taking... anyone else see this? Thoughts?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
So there is a post from a guy in east tx wanting to trade a leopard for a sulcata... I would actually consider doing that with a well known established member but his posts don’t show longevity in care taking... anyone else see this? Thoughts?
I saw that. I'm not sure what to tell you. I can imagine how difficult it would be to get you to part with one of your shelled babies, though... Certainly not something you would enter into lightly. So I guess my advice not to rush anything, take as much time as you need, and if anything doesn't feel just right, then pass.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The verb “pay,” according to the Oxford English Dictionary, means “to render, bestow, or give,” and what’s bestowed can be attention.

Google points out you can “pay your respects,” “pay a compliment,” “pay heed” to advice, and “pay a visit.”
Well there you go. Here is the correct answer. Not like my made up one. Hee Hee

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We are all doing great!!! Hubby just left today for a couple weeks, kids are wild n free... we have been going hard the past couple weeks so now it’s my relax time... besides work of course.. tortoises, chameleon, cats, dogs all good.. I have actually sent my two older horses to a friends for retirement... they don’t want to be separated and I can’t ride two... Jess is too busy and my younger children can’t handle them so while it was a hard decision. I think it was best for me and the horses.... SO then, that allowed me to take a rescue horse... he came to me quite abused and underweight.. had obviously never had a treat in his life but is extremely well mannered. Perfect for my son to learn on. Me to spoil and use on relaxed trail rides... he will look like a new horse in a few weeks.. vet comes Tuesday to make sure he’s all ok and up to date on vaccinations and coggins... he doesn’t realize yet that he’s just been handed his easy ticket but he’s figuring it out quick!
Aaah, So sad that you had to give your horses away, but very glad that you were able to take in the rescue horse. So there was some good that came out of it. And maybe the universe need that to happen just so you could help the rescue horse. Shame it is nice that the rescue horse will get nice treatment for a while and sounds like he will deserve all any treats that you give him.

Love the succulent tortoises. If I were you, I would be poking holes in them and adding more succulents. So glad to hear that the kids and animals are all well. What about the ferrets?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I need to know how caffeine affects you and why this would be beneficial before I can comment... I have a strong caffeine addiction myself so it’s hard to imagine!
They say that caffeine can affect your pain levels. It is basically a case of stimulation and too much of it can cause your pain levels to rise. so if you cut out stimulation like caffeine, your pain levels should subside a bit. Talking of pain, how is your shoulder and neck pain doing? Maybe you should also try cutting out the caffeine and see if it helps your pain levels with your pinched neck nerve.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yea!!#what's wrong with coffee! In the morning???what ev...
It is better to try and cut it out completely, but if you cannot do that then try and limit the amount of caffeine you consume. it is healthier for your body. You need to think of it this way, when you get a fright or are frightened then your body goes into fight or flight mode and the adrenaline level in your body increases. Now when you drink coffee and or drink lots of drinks with caffeine in them this causes your body to be in flight or fight mode on a constant basis which does not give your body the time to rest and de stress. So your body is now under stress all the time and because of this any pain your feel tends to get worse. Anyway it is something like this, my osteopath explains it way better. But if you are a person who suffers with pain on a daily basis you want to try and make sure that your body is not over stimulated. Which is where cutting out caffeine comes in.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I saw that. I'm not sure what to tell you. I can imagine how difficult it would be to get you to part with one of your shelled babies, though... Certainly not something you would enter into lightly. So I guess my advice not to rush anything, take as much time as you need, and if anything doesn't feel just right, then pass.
Yeah I agree, although I would rather just buy a leopard and keep all my babies. ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Morning All,

So the sun is out for two days, so I am going to do the cement work and let the rain help to harden it. As you can see I am a very impatient person. I am actually surprised that I have been able to be as patient as I have been so far with the pond.

I so love reading all the messages and talk from here and am very glad to be back in the swing of things. And on top of that it is FRIDAY. Yay and you guys know how much I like my weekends. The plans are to clean house, work in the garden and work in the complex garden as well.

what are your plans for the weekend?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Aaah, So sad that you had to give your horses away, but very glad that you were able to take in the rescue horse. So there was some good that came out of it. And maybe the universe need that to happen just so you could help the rescue horse. Shame it is nice that the rescue horse will get nice treatment for a while and sounds like he will deserve all any treats that you give him.

Love the succulent tortoises. If I were you, I would be poking holes in them and adding more succulents. So glad to hear that the kids and animals are all well. What about the ferrets?
I may just do that! Ferrets are also great, Trying to steal my coffee at this very moment!
Son finished his swimming lessons yesterday and is now able to swim in the pool with out a life jacket! I think we will do a lot of that this weekend...
I had to make a pet supply order yesterday for more Mazuri... it’s going much quicker these days. I have plenty of grass and other greens growing but I can certainly see bigger appetites on my 3 boys...looks like I’m using a 25lb bag every 6wks...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
They say that caffeine can affect your pain levels. It is basically a case of stimulation and too much of it can cause your pain levels to rise. so if you cut out stimulation like caffeine, your pain levels should subside a bit. Talking of pain, how is your shoulder and neck pain doing? Maybe you should also try cutting out the caffeine and see if it helps your pain levels with your pinched neck nerve.

It’s on the off these days! ( thank gosh) .. they found that the nerve issue was a result from the surgery I had two years ago... I had to have my chest wall muscle reattached due to a riding accident and I also had a breast reduction at the same time. ( due to back issues from other accidents) lol. Any way, a couple of shots got me through the worst and then it eased off. If it flares up, a little flextra for a couple days usually gets me through...

I have quit all the rough extracurricular activities, and quit smoking.... I’m am not at a point where I would even consider giving up caffeine... lol

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So good morning all! Today is a holiday for work! My side x side has been in the shop and I think I get to pick it up today... other than that, son and I are indulging in the great outdoors right here at mi casa.... think my sister and her family are coming over tomorrow. my niece is home having just finished her four year service in the navy and I’m looking forward to seeing her!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It is better to try and cut it out completely, but if you cannot do that then try and limit the amount of caffeine you consume. it is healthier for your body. You need to think of it this way, when you get a fright or are frightened then your body goes into fight or flight mode and the adrenaline level in your body increases. Now when you drink coffee and or drink lots of drinks with caffeine in them this causes your body to be in flight or fight mode on a constant basis which does not give your body the time to rest and de stress. So your body is now under stress all the time and because of this any pain your feel tends to get worse. Anyway it is something like this, my osteopath explains it way better. But if you are a person who suffers with pain on a daily basis you want to try and make sure that your body is not over stimulated. Which is where cutting out caffeine comes in.
Actually I don't drink as much coffee as I used to. Coffee is actually good for me because it helps my breathing issues. I don't know about the pain part. Even when I quit I was still in pain. So I have my 16 oz. coffee in the morning and it's got to be good coffee. It perks me up and helps me get motivated for my day. My critters are playing and glad for the morning. It's a fun part of my day. I would use decaf but most of them don't taste right. Not only that, most use chemicals to decaffeinate and that really makes me sick. Sooo...I have my morning ritual of coffee, critters, and plans for my day.?