COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Getting better with my leg. Setting goals by going to each neighbor's driveway going down the street. The final goal will be to the end of the street and back. To the end of the street is about 200 yards. I am only at about 50 yards there and back.
Then I start losing the proper form. I really miss my PT. I cant replicate some of the excercises at home.
Maybe soon you'll get to do your PT. I've seen the federal.gov is going to make them open everything. It's doing more harm then good shutting everyone down. Best hopes and prayers and looks like you're achieving some progress anyway.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hi everyone...I've been very sick the last 11 daze...had a Drs appt but they make you stand at the door and they take your temperature...mine was 101...they sent me away and at home I got sicker...temp 102. I became weird...didn't know what was happening to me, unable to get out of bed...spent 2 freakin nights on a gurney in the ER. Had a Covid-19 test...negative. I have pneumonia, pleurisy and an inflamed esophagus... but my estranged son and my DIL stepped up to the plate and entertaining themselves on Smart phones in my house and taking care of me....fed me changed sheets etc. I started getting better Thursday. Very weak, but improving.
So here I am...weak and weird but recovering...I'm trying not to over do...and NASCAR is back so another reason to just lay around...
my laptop died, so my son hooked up this old Chromebook, it has some old photos...Look here I am with 4 Sulcata...the biggest one is Bob...View attachment 295398
Oh no!! So glad son and DIL came thru... take care and get better quick Maggie!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
What do you mean by “Died” here it usually means it has no more Battery/ you need to charge it.
I am an IT Technician... to me “died” means it won’t boot up. If it’s simply the power supply unit in the laptop that’s gone then it’s not an expensive repair. If it’s something on the motherboard then it’s frequently terminal.

Photos are usually recoverable from the hard drive for a price from a suitable business, but it can be expensive.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Sorry...my son is an IT tech and takes care of my computer situation...it is a 14 year old Acer laptop...the hardware that makes use of my Wifi went bad...and would need taking apart an old laptop...so I'll figure out how to use this Chromebook
Well done for having a suitably qualified so ! A useful addition to the family. I wish I had someone I could hand stuff to, but they just keep bringing it to me :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Getting better with my leg. Setting goals by going to each neighbor's driveway going down the street. The final goal will be to the end of the street and back. To the end of the street is about 200 yards. I am only at about 50 yards there and back.
Then I start losing the proper form. I really miss my PT. I cant replicate some of the excercises at home.
That sounds like me recovering from my back operations. My goal was to get to the end of the drive. Once I made that I targeted the end of the street. Then then a little further. It was frustratingly slow to build up any sort of distance

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all. Yesterday JoesDad and I had our first day trip out since our lockdown began nearly 10 weeks ago.

We went to Stodmarsh National Nature Reserve about an hour’s drive from home. All the bird hides were closed, ut we saw plenty of wildlife from the footpaths. It was so good to be walking somewhere different.

This damselfly is called a Beautiful Demoiselle
64D46AB2-2C1D-4BF3-8C1B-BA66E3E15D1A.jpeg

A Reed Bunting
AA54B1A1-B1C0-4811-A973-7108CD3A0C32.jpeg
A Sedge Warbler
E20C1EAC-C794-460F-A728-7C43605025B8.jpeg
A shiny green bug on a Dog Rose
A5B45BD3-1B89-4CF0-868F-5B2B6BBFECFF.jpeg
A couple of landscapes. Most of the reserve is marshland reeds, but there’s A small area of very wet woodland too
B574F18F-2B7A-46C1-BBE4-F810445D2225.jpeg
49139630-A18B-4B40-8B46-E224A2B722AA.jpeg
F58512C1-33DF-4FA5-B826-03CD97281BFE.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good mornooning all. Yesterday JoesDad and I had our first day trip out since our lockdown began nearly 10 weeks ago.

We went to Stodmarsh National Nature Reserve about an hour’s drive from home. All the bird hides were closed, ut we saw plenty of wildlife from the footpaths. It was so good to be walking somewhere different.

View attachment 295621

A Reed Bunting
View attachment 295622
A Sedge Warbler
View attachment 295623
View attachment 295624
A couple of landscapes. Most of the reserve is marshland reeds, but there’s A small area of very wet woodland too
View attachment 295625
View attachment 295626
View attachment 295627

Looks like a great day oit! Yeah...??

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

View attachment 295621

A Reed Bunting
View attachment 295622
A Sedge Warbler
View attachment 295623
View attachment 295624
View attachment 295625
View attachment 295626
View attachment 295627
So, so awesome! Thanks so much for taking us on your walk....I enjoyed it very much...

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all

Daughter and I had a very busy shift feeding baby birds this morning.

Some, like this little Blue T-it, prefer to feed from the safety of a cave made by your hand and some prefer to perch on you.
B5342045-8E9E-4045-823A-03D7EBCC290B.jpeg

This bird is a Jay, a member of the crow family. As adults they love to eat acorns. This baby had hardly any feathers last week :)
297B10B2-ECBF-45A3-A575-3A694322D130.jpeg