COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
It would be really hard for me to keep a straight face with Cinder around. Her face is too adorable.

She’s a mess!!! Had a play date this weekend with My sisters puppy.. he’s only 4 months old and almost as big as she is... you could tell by their actions that they have been raised very differently.. Cinder believes that this is her world and I am her person.. lol

They had a blast and she slept very good.. AND VERY LOUD ?

Attachments

• 0CB21690-6E37-431A-AEC6-B611890FC4FE.jpeg
    0CB21690-6E37-431A-AEC6-B611890FC4FE.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 7

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’ve got a lot of moss coming in... the picture is a good portion of Crushers yard. There’s a huge cypress tree that’s blocking the sun! It’s all these dang trees!!! I trimmed what I could but I actually have someone coming tomorrow to do some cutting... that will help a lot with all my connection issues too..
I love moss. You should pick it up and glue it to your pot plants.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
She’s a mess!!! Had a play date this weekend with My sisters puppy.. he’s only 4 months old and almost as big as she is... you could tell by their actions that they have been raised very differently.. Cinder believes that this is her world and I am her person.. lol

What an awesome picture.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wow, we only get the round garden variety ones.
You're lucky. I get the snails without a shell on their slimy little body. People call them slugs but the durn things have horns. They are snails to me. We even get the clear ones in our city. I hate accidentally stepping on either type. Yukkkkk...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Everyone seems to be safe and sound.
Stay well and take care, Roommates.:)
I'm off out to do some fencing practice with Tidgy.
(the sport, not putting up fences in the garden.)
You stay well also and while you're doing that you gotta have some fun. Sooo...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh right. We have slugs as well.
I was hoping the snails Ray has are apple snails but they weren't. At least I don't think they are. The apple snails were supposedly extinct back in the early years around 2000. I wonder about that because I used to find small fresh shells in Florida around then. They have a really beautiful shell.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Screenshot!!! I'll have to show Joe that.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Oh guess what!! I saw the fox today guarding the den... son and I watched it for a bit and then it headed out across the pasture presumably to go hunt.. I went to take a better look at the area and could see where it had been coming and going from the rocks.. also saw three holes on the topside where a stray dog has located it and maybe has been trying to dig in? It wasn’t successful but something surely knows it’s there.. tracks are too small to be my dog ( he’s too old and lazy to go out there anyway) and too big to be the fox.. I have seen a couple strays pass through... I’ll be running them off now for sure. I want to see those kits!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Had to make a grocery run today.....we were out of sunflower seeds for the birds! We feed suet & whole raw shelled peanuts & sunflower seed. The last few weeks the Spring birds have been active. Blue Jays, Cardinals, Nuthatches, three different types of woodpeckers, crows, blackbirds, grackles, wrens & more. I usually stop feeding once Spring arrives, but the birds seem hungry & are active at the feeders.

Ogh, we got a few things for us too.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I thought it has been cold here the last few weeks..

✅. Now that's cold. The first 12 days of the month have been 6.6° below average. That's the coldest start to May in 75 years, the 8th coldest in 150 years and nearly 12° colder than a year ago. While we shiver, 90% of the world has been WAY above average.

EA3905E9-0735-4D15-BB65-A416B7647ABF.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh guess what!! I saw the fox today guarding the den... son and I watched it for a bit and then it headed out across the pasture presumably to go hunt.. I went to take a better look at the area and could see where it had been coming and going from the rocks.. also saw three holes on the topside where a stray dog has located it and maybe has been trying to dig in? It wasn’t successful but something surely knows it’s there.. tracks are too small to be my dog ( he’s too old and lazy to go out there anyway) and too big to be the fox.. I have seen a couple strays pass through... I’ll be running them off now for sure. I want to see those kits!!!
Me too.