COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
And I am all caught up today. Great. This week has flown by that I thought we were still on Wednesday but it actually Friday. How awesome is that. My kind of week. LOL.

It is nice and sunny here, nothing much has changed here. My mother-in-law however had a visitor in her garden and shared a pic with us all. I am quite jealous as I would love one. But maybe one day, as they seem to be appearing lately. Must be because most people are staying indoors.
View attachment 292167

Anyway have a great Friday and if I don't chat during the weekend, enjoy your weekends as well.
Super cool! The garden too!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Those are beautiful too...sorry you only got a fake mimosa but that was probably good too. Hopefully Cinder is getting used to the snorting.lol?
It’s second nature to her so why should I matter?lol!!! I took a video last night of her and hubby having a snoring contest..(bargaining material) . this is a very noisy household lately!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It’s second nature to her so why should I matter?lol!!! I took a video last night of her and hubby having a snoring contest..(bargaining material) . this is a very noisy household lately!
Well then... Can't sleep cause they're all snoring. So you resorted to snorting half the night...lol...it is all their fault.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And I am all caught up today. Great. This week has flown by that I thought we were still on Wednesday but it actually Friday. How awesome is that. My kind of week. LOL.

It is nice and sunny here, nothing much has changed here. My mother-in-law however had a visitor in her garden and shared a pic with us all. I am quite jealous as I would love one. But maybe one day, as they seem to be appearing lately. Must be because most people are staying indoors.
View attachment 292167

Anyway have a great Friday and if I don't chat during the weekend, enjoy your weekends as well.
What is that little cutie?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well...I tried Joe's mum's recipe for scones. I did craisons and pineapple mixed with pecans. It's a mix between a butter cookie and a biscuit.Thanks Linda!!!delicious
Also very good made as a savoury with cheddar cheese (other string flavoured hard cheeses are available) You can grate the cheese coarsely or what I do is chop/crumble it into Small pieces. Needless to say, you leave out the sugar for this version!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello all.

I have been busy with the sewing machine in my Corner of the CDR and have made a load of face masks for the family. One to wear and one for the wash.

We have a suspicion that when the lockdown is relaxed they’ll be mandatory to help avoid passing on infection, so I found a pattern online, sacrificed a couple of pillow cases and a couple of cloth aprons and got busy. I didn’t quite have enough elastic for the ears, so some have tape ties instead.

I made enough for us and our parents. The parent ones have gone in the post.

the leprechauns had obviously been fiddling with my sewing machine because it got stuck in reverse when I first started using it. Once we managed to get the covers off, we oiled everything that looked like it was supposed to move and thankfully the reverse button popped back out and I was able to use it again.
C9BEE947-47D4-4B11-8F06-12A7341631D4.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
G’day all.

Overcast & foggy start to our day with patches of sunshine, calm winds. Sounds like a good morning for a quick kayak trip. I got out early & explored a different part of the areas than i normally paddle in.

Here’s a quick pix..

Sunken Boat on South Creek, Maryland April 2020
89694497-9C75-4C69-90AB-19D2DE59EAEE.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello all.

I have been busy with the sewing machine in my Corner of the CDR and have made a load of face masks for the family. One to wear and one for the wash.

We have a suspicion that when the lockdown is relaxed they’ll be mandatory to help avoid passing on infection, so I found a pattern online, sacrificed a couple of pillow cases and a couple of cloth aprons and got busy. I didn’t quite have enough elastic for the ears, so some have tape ties instead.

I made enough for us and our parents. The parent ones have gone in the post.

the leprechauns had obviously been fiddling with my sewing machine because it got stuck in reverse when I first started using it. Once we managed to get the covers off, we oiled everything that looked like it was supposed to move and thankfully the reverse button popped back out and I was able to use it again.
View attachment 292268
Well done.