COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning and Happy Friday (especially @CarolM because I know she still has a weekday schedule somewhat too.) Two webinars for work, one school lesson and some tortoise box cleaning.... yay...
I’ve got a new puzzle on working on also... hope everyone had an awesome day!
I know, Thank goodness and it is a long weekend. Monday is a public holiday as well as next week friday. LOL even though we are at home, I will not need to work from home on those two days. Which is awesome. We want a pic of the puzzles picture from the box and then a completed pic as well please. YOu know the rules, it does not happen if we don't have any pictures as proof. ;)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Cold, dark & rainy again! Yuck. Yesterday, I put down some MilOrganite on our front grass/lawn to provide some Springtime enrichment. Pruned some bushes. Planted some sunflower seedlings that i started back on 1 April as part of a TWITTER #SunFlower challenge. Made a mini “hot house” for some Luffa seedlings that are now sprouting. Went to our local grocery store for some fruit/veggies.

Then the rains moved in.

I grabbed a piece of wood in an attempt to turn another wee bee/bird house. Started on that....then we discovered our refrigerator is “dripping” water....aaaaargh. Always something. Must be the auto-defrost line clogged...& we can’t very easily move our fridge.

Must say though, the rains keep the flowers blooming & grass green!

Some pix of our plants
View attachment 292145View attachment 292146View attachment 292147View attachment 292148
Are you refering to this kind of luffa plant? if so I had some seed but they did not sprout for me.
1587740540969.png

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
And I am all caught up today. Great. This week has flown by that I thought we were still on Wednesday but it actually Friday. How awesome is that. My kind of week. LOL.

It is nice and sunny here, nothing much has changed here. My mother-in-law however had a visitor in her garden and shared a pic with us all. I am quite jealous as I would love one. But maybe one day, as they seem to be appearing lately. Must be because most people are staying indoors.
1587740934440.png

Anyway have a great Friday and if I don't chat during the weekend, enjoy your weekends as well.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Are you refering to this kind of luffa plant? if so I had some seed but they did not sprout for me.
View attachment 292165

Yes...that kind of Luffa. The gourds one makes scrubbies with when dried up.

Here are my luffas (sunflowers in back). Most of them came up. A few stragglers are still emerging.
BA68D57B-2658-4C85-8FFC-D53056A6D368.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Lol!!! No .. I did buy a hardy red hibiscus to plant and then I came home and mixed champagne & orange juice so I could enjoy a “mimosa”...
Those are beautiful too...sorry you only got a fake mimosa but that was probably good too. Hopefully Cinder is getting used to the snorting.lol?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi There,
I am not sure if anyone has already welcomed you properly to the Cold Dark Rooms. (they most probably have) But this is a set of many corners which is hidden away in complete darkness. But don't worry there is some relief every now and then, just poke a jellyfish and they will shed some light for you. Please don't step on the hedgehogs, it will be rather painfull for you and they are quite dear to our hearts. If you see a snow leapard don't worry just feed it some carrots and it will be your firend. Watch out for the penguins they are special to @Bee62 's heart and you will get into trouble if you hurt them.

Pull up an armidello and Montgomery will be around with some coffe or tea depending your beverage of choice.

I am Carol and I am from Cape Town South Africa. And We are all a bunch of fun lovin, pun making, crazy internationals who get to gether here and try to plot taking over the world.
Oh I didn't realize I was in a plot to take over the world but it sounds like a great idea to me.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I know, Thank goodness and it is a long weekend. Monday is a public holiday as well as next week friday. LOL even though we are at home, I will not need to work from home on those two days. Which is awesome. We want a pic of the puzzles picture from the box and then a completed pic as well please. YOu know the rules, it does not happen if we don't have any pictures as proof. ;)
Ok.. Here’s the boximage.jpg