COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good morning!!!! What will I do today? I will get back to everyone when I figure it out ;-)
I have to figure out how to order canvas online, pick up curbside,and pay online before I get them for Joe. He's so bored. Once I get them after all that, he owes me...?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dandelions should be Oregon's state flower...I have been collecting them for about a month...I roam my neighborhood with a plastic bag and pick it full in less than an hour...problem is that in 14 years, I've picked some places dry so I'm having to walk farther...I try not to pull out the roots, as they will rebloom, and I whack the puff balls so the seeds get sown....View attachment 289733View attachment 289734View attachment 289735
I still doubt you are the dandelion killer. They are impossible to get rid of if you miss even a little bit of root.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Factoid Time

Dandelion Reproduction
The dandelion has more than one method of reproducing themselves. This gives them multiple ways to spread and makes them more difficult to eradicate. The most common method of dandelion reproduction is through its wind-aided dispersal of seeds which germinate almost year-round. Pollination of the dandelion occurs when insects carry its pollen from one flower to another, but dandelions can also pollinated themselves. Thus, it only takes one single dandelion to reproduce itself and spread all over a lawn. Each dandelion that goes to seed produces between 135-300 seeds.

Dandelion growth is often difficult to control and the plant can be difficult to completely eliminate, since the entire root system of the plant needs to be removed or they can quickly grow right back. The dandelion can regrow an entire new plant from its taproot by sending off new shoots underground. The dandelion does not even need a whole taproot to accomplish this, needing only a mere 2 millimeters of the root to germinate a whole new dandelion.

Dandelion florets are ligulate and possess both male (pollen-producing) and female (seed-producing) parts. The fruits are mostly produced by asexual reproduction (apomixis), without fertilization. Dandelion plants typically have 24 or 40 pairs of chromosomes, but some have 16 or 32 chromosomes

Dandelions are capable of reproducing themselves even when there is not enough sunlight to allow the flower buds to open. In this case, the male parts of the dandelion pollinate the female parts they are pressed up against. The fertile seeds then push their way out of the top of the bud.

jeneliza

burton michigan
That's me too. The only thing that really scares me is my critters not having me...with my beedy little eyes?

, member: 121772"]
Lol.i am mad, lol I have teens.haga
[/QUOTE]
Yes and it's not your orders it's good old common horse sense. Our colleges are closed for now. O H I O! and there's all these crazy people out there with houses full of white clouds.?
Ours are and k-12, for the rest of the year, I am kinda twisted about the rest of the year though, I get why, but I am worried about next year, and my son not being able to keep up from missing the last part of 11th grade, but on the other hand, I want everyone safe too, so I am just not sure if going back early, or in may into June, would have been better,I guess it will be what it is, just have to see when we get there , I guess

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I'll take some coffee please! Any points for newcomers?! I'm relieved Tidgy isn't concerned.

Welcome everyone (except me) in the CDR is young or old, mostly crazy or not, have been all over the world or stayed local. Some are smart, most really smart. In the far corner of the CDR is a two legged stool with the Rules & Regs of how to navigate the round corners of this fish bowl. Good luck! Pass the Cheese please.