COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
We have not done so badly yet. 1505 cases 6 deaths and 50 recoveries so far. But when this hits our townships i imagine it will blow up. They live in shacks, on top of each other and generally there are at least people per shack. Which essentially 1 room.
So far we only had a few cases (recovering) running around back in February in our county supposedly.. I heard thru the monkey vine it was here earlier but We'll see.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
She is not, but thankfully she lives under my roof, and I pay her dr.bills, and her collage bills, so I get to say she stays home, she does work to, but not alot being a full time student, she doesn't have much time, I usually don't tell her when she can leave etc, she's a good kid, for the most part, but this is different,
Yes and it's not your orders it's good old common horse sense. Our colleges are closed for now. O H I O! and there's all these crazy people out there with houses full of white clouds.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning!!!! What will I do today? I will get back to everyone when I figure it out ;-)

We are going to do some wood working, wifey wants to bake something....maybe a cake or bread. First need to see what we have in the cupboard before we get any fancy recipe. More gardening too...

A bit overcast & chilly. I was going to get out on the water, but the cool early rain & no sunshine changed my mind.
Tomorrow looking much nicer & Monday in the 70’s. I can choose to be picky.

Some lawn raking, perennial pruning & maybe a fire too. Ogh...garden fountain needs to be cleaned up, maybe painted & get outside.

I think i have enough to work on. ?

Ps - Perhaps some have seen the boating accident in Maryland involving one of the Kennedys. This happened right where I kayak all the time...

Last edited:

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
We are going to do some wood working, wifey wants to bake something....maybe a cake or bread. First need to see what we have in the cupboard before we get any fancy recipe. More gardening too...

A bit overcast & chilly. I was going to get out on the water, but the cool early rain & no sunshine changed my mind.
Tomorrow looking much nicer & Monday in the 70’s. I can choose to be picky.

Some lawn raking, perennial pruning & maybe a fire too. Ogh...garden fountain needs to be cleaned up, maybe painted & get outside.

I think i have enough to work on. ?
Cant wait to get back on the water !

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Is anybody else amazed at how dandelions just pop up out of nowhere? I swear i blink my eyes and a dandelion appears

Yep, even in mowed areas. I cut a small area yesterday for sully food...this morning i look at the area and it’s full of bright yellow dandys. A ton more than i picked yesterday. It’s not even that warm (yet)...plenty to pick for Sullys evening snack.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
There's a lower place in my backyard that gets filled with pretty little yellow sunshiney faces every year.☺ can't wait.

For a few months to come now, I’ll get a nice colander full of dandelion blossoms for our Sully. These blossoms are loved even more than Mazuri!

Id guess a few billion seeds!
7E699FDE-C642-4115-8C11-AAE6864DE496.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A little daytime visitor checking out the bird feeders for an afternoon snack.

View attachment 289596
I call them America's Panda Bear. Constantly working their paws half to death. Their little silky fingers can get into and out of anything. They're such an amazing little animal...and they are so cute to boot. People say they are nocturnal but really after raiding everyone's dog food and stuff after dark...they play at home during the day and take siestas. They're really good at social distancing from us while robbing us blind.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
For a few months to come now, I’ll get a nice colander full of dandelion blossoms for our Sully. These blossoms are loved even more than Mazuri!

View attachment 289728
Well...seeds for the birdies. I have to watch Saphire. He'll eat the poof balls too. I just wonder though. I was thinking they spread best by the root or at least keep growing if you can't harvest the whole root.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

View attachment 289728

Dandelions should be Oregon's state flower...I have been collecting them for about a month...I roam my neighborhood with a plastic bag and pick it full in less than an hour...problem is that in 14 years, I've picked some places dry so I'm having to walk farther...I try not to pull out the roots, as they will rebloom, and I whack the puff balls so the seeds get sown....011.JPG013.JPG025.JPG