COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Well good news our governor called a mandatory shutdown for Florida. I called the fence company to see if they would be shut down.
They told me that their company is considered essential. So I just have to sign a paper giving them permission to be on my property.
Tentative day is fri. for the fence.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope everyone is staying sane, while staying at home. I have been eating way too much bread, and have started to get heart burn now. I have to go back to cutting out the bread again. It is amazing how quickly the bad habits can take over yet it takes so long to get back into the good habits. :eek: My bad. My veg garden is doing well. I picked my first sweetcorn, but it was not fully formed. So I had better wati much longer before I pick the rest. My tamotoes are all green as well and we are waiting for them to ripen before picking them. I pick a cucumber and two zuchinin which were ready to come off as well. and some Bok choy leaves. So for dinner tonight will be some nice organic fresh veg along with the brown rice.

Anyway, I had better go and make supper for the boys before they start complaining of being starved .???

Until later.

Nice that you are growing & harvesting & eating fresh vegg from your kitchen garden! You planted potatoes as well, right?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I am sure she won't mind.
She takes great care of me but if I drop something she yells from the other room...... are you alright!
At therapy the therapist had to ask her to go sit down. If I am doing a excercise on my leg and misstep a little. She will scream and try and grab me. The therapist has a gate belt on me for safety. She tries to make Rose understand if I fall there will be no way for Rose to stop me and she will end up getting hurt.
But I love her dearly and know with all my heart. If she wasn't here. I probably wouldn't be here.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hey guys, I hope you all are staying safe from the virus.
Well...I kinda stay home anyway...but really and truely I wouldn't know what hit me. Shortness of breath, weird body aches, sneezing and couphing are tipacle for me. My little tortoise keeps me fighting though...and I'd rather be watching him anyway...sooo I'm good☺

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well good news our governor called a mandatory shutdown for Florida. I called the fence company to see if they would be shut down.
They told me that their company is considered essential. So I just have to sign a paper giving them permission to be on my property.
Yeah! And I'm sure your beautiful Rose will be watching.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
She takes great care of me but if I drop something she yells from the other room...... are you alright!
At therapy the therapist had to ask her to go sit down. If I am doing a excercise on my leg and misstep a little. She will scream and try and grab me. The therapist has a gate belt on me for safety. She tries to make Rose understand if I fall there will be no way for Rose to stop me and she will end up getting hurt.
But I love her dearly and know with all my heart. If she wasn't here. I probably wouldn't be here.
Well...why aren't they including Rose in the training? She is the person that's with you most of the time. Or are they helping you at home too?? gonna be there thru thick and thin.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well...I kinda stay home anyway...but really and truely I wouldn't know what hit me. Shortness of breath, weird body aches, sneezing and couphing are tipacle for me. My little tortoise keeps me fighting though...and I'd rather be watching him anyway...sooo I'm good☺
Cathie you are so right about our tortoises keep us fighting. When the governor announced today the shutdown of the state. My wife said what do we have to do.
I said to her exactly what we have been doing for the last few weeks.
Opo fills up my day enough to not be distracted by what's going on.
The enjoyment I get by watching him eat or I peek thru the window and watch him often during the whole day.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well at least you don't have to worry about that anymore. Other than when are they coming to do the job.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Nice that you are growing & harvesting & eating fresh vegg from your kitchen garden! You planted potatoes as well, right?
Yes I did. Potatoes and sweet potatoes. Problem is I am not sure when to harvest the potatoes. ?‍♀️ But I suppose I should move the sand away which should then allow me to see if they are ready for harvesting.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Ive officially entered into the great #SunflowerChallenge on Twitter.

View attachment 289447
oooohhhhh, Please explain how it works? And will we get to see pictures? Ifound a whole bag of sunflower seeds intended as bird food. So I threw them down in the garden hoping that I would get a nice wall of sunflowers . Alas, the birds ate them and the few that actually sprouted, Blue the male tortoise ate them. So no sunflowers for me, unless I go and plant them in containers,

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh Shame. Rose sounds like an awesome partner and I can understand that maybe it is hard for her to step back. She probably cannot seperate her looking after and making sure that you are okay at home to letting go to someone else while you are doing therapy. At least she cares and is not someone who couldn't care less whether you fell or not.