COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi all

The pond is nearly ready for the liner. JoesDad dug the last bit out today and has been picking out the flint stones from the surface because they’re sharp.
View attachment 289258
He found another section of stem from a clay pipe today.
View attachment 289259

I feel so sorry for the Flintstones being booted out during a pandemic! And BamBam too.

22CEE29C-CAA2-491E-9EA2-208A2B182E24.jpeg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Most of our neighbors treat their grassy lawns, but my treatment for lawn is just to go picking nice yellow blossoms of free food. We have dramatically cut down our grocery store runs, so I’m glad that the dandelions are up & blooming.
Luckily, we’ve had lots of rain, so I’m not too concerned about drifting sprays.

Last year I let some nice patches of “lawn” grow wild. Filled up nicely with tall grasses & clovers. Lots of free food now all Summer & into early Fall. Might as well take advantage of it all. Grasses, weeds, hibiscus, rose of sharon, grape leaves & banana leaves too. All good stuff. ???
I agree, I guess I will try some of those other plants you listed.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Bee62

Germany

Bee62

Germany

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Stay safe everyone.
The world has changed somewhat since my last post only a couple of weeks ago.
We have a shortage of eggs.
Please take care.
Lots of virtual elbow bumps,
Adam, wifey and Tidgy.
Hi Adam good to not see you,
I hope you Wifey and Tidgy are well and continue to be so.
Take care and come back and see us soon .

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'll be hoping and praying for your brother. Maybe the change of meds will help a lot. I recently found out from my lung doctor that steroids are why I can't use some inhalers and nasal sprays. Agitation is only one reason I can't. But it's bad when it happens. I love her because She respected me enough to not say "that is too rare. Go ahead and take it." I want to put Saphire out so bad...but usually March is a bit too early. After I do that he starts begging with his little puppy tortoise eyes everyday even when there's a cold spell. I'll wait until April for the underground warm up because I can't stand to tell him no. Hope your time in lockdown goes well and you can get to see your brother in person soon.
Thanks Cathie, you take care too.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It is so nice to hear from you. I am glad that things are coming together for your brother. And yes it is terrible that you are not able to visit him because of the covid-19. Hang in there and we are thinking of you and your family.
Thanks Carol, my brother's wife is not a very caring person and seems incapable of making allowances for him and his condition. I think is causing friction and frustrating him because he can't express himself as he used to. We are in touch everyday though just so that he knows we are here for him. I hope you and your family stay safe and well. x

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Lol. My hubby so far has been well behaved. But i have found stuff to do to keep me busy. I actually think that i need to give him a few jobs to keep him busy. Mmm better put my thinking cap on. Only 19 more days to go. ( well hopefully)
They are talking of restrictions being in place for 3 - 6 months here depending on how things go. It seems unlikely schools will be back before Sept. but its all speculation at this point.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hello roomies

Sorry it’s been a few days since I was last able to pop in. I hope all is as well ascan be expected in your corners of the world.

News from Kent is mixed.

We have had our own brush with probable covid19 in the last few days. Daughter got ill on Tuesday. Fortunately this has been relatively mild.

It was a very sudden onset. She complained of pressure on her chest at lunchtime and, within the hour, her temperature sky-rocketed.

She has had fever, aches and pains, particularly neck and headache, exhaustion and the pressure on her chest but hardly any cough.

After a rough Thursday night, she started to improve on Friday and in the evening was moaning that she was bored. Yesterday her colour had returned.

She’s been isolated in her bedroom throughout and Son has been using our en suite bathroom so she has the main bathroom to herself too. Meals delivered outside her bedroom door. She’s staying in her bedroom under government guidelines until next Tuesday.

We, of course, are in quarantine now until Tuesday week. We are all fit so far. ?

JoesDad is making steady progress with the pond. The subsoil is heavy clay with flints in it and is hard to dig. There’s no digging today because we keep having showers of hail.
View attachment 289148
Welcome back after you travels Linda.
Sorry to hear about Joe'sSis.Thank goodness it was mild. I do hope she continues with her speedy recovery and that the rest of you manage to avoid it.
The pond is looking great. Take care.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hello everyone! It’s been awhile.

I’ve been very busy with exams, adding a new animal to the family and working at the rspca.

How’s everyone coping with staying at home at the moment?
Hi Ben, are you still in college? I think ours all closed in Wales with exams cancelled.
What new animal have you acquired?
Hope you and your family are all well.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We are all fine, college was closed over a week ago now. I got my results back for my biology exam, did very well in that. Still waiting for my welfare exam results. My maths exams have been cancelled as far as I know. It depends what happens really.

The rescue is still allowing a few volunteers in to help but we are all assigned to different rooms. Before the lockdown they assigned new volunteers to work with me, I helped with the animals they were unsure about such as the large boas and pythons.
Forget my last reply - you've just answered it.