COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Went out in the yard & cut a clean bushel of fresh grass & picked a ton (50) nice yellow dandelion blossoms. The Reptilian lawn mower in the basement (Ms Sully) needs feeding! She loved the grass, flowers & occasional leaf bits. I mixed in some kale & mazuri & all is good.

It was rainy & foggy & chilly this morning. About an hour ago, the rain moved along, a front moved in & bright warm sunshine!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good Sunday All

The sun is rising and my fam are all still okay. Only 19 more days to go.
My hubby has been behaving himself but I think that I need to start getting him to do some stuff on the list that he has been ignoring for years on end. That way he will handle being house bound much better.

Yesterday I cleaned all the dead leaves off my Yukka Trees. It filled up 5 bags. ?

Today I will be mowing the lawn. I have already made some hot cross buns. From one of those premixed bags. I am just waiting for it to rise before baking it. Hopefully they come out nicely.

Anyway. Enjoy your Sundays.
Would they work with a date instead of a wrinkly old grape? I hate raisins.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
So the ethanol gummed it up? I'm not a fan of ethanol anyway so Good luck with your new one.
Ate up and gunned up the whole bottom of the tank! We have cars at work that that E85 and the state wanted us to use it. Fast forward 6 months and 8 cars in the shop already for vapor lock after sitting more than 3 days! Don’t park your car with E85 and go on a long vacation!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Would they work with a date instead of a wrinkly old grape? I hate raisins.
Hot Cross Buns are a sweet yeast bun made with currants and candied peel.

You could use finely chopped date instead of the currants, but they wouldn’t be hot cross buns then ;) They would taste just fine :)

This is a typical recipe. You will have to use google to convert the measurements into cups

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hot Cross Buns are a sweet yeast bun made with currants and candied peel.

You could use finely chopped date instead of the currants, but they wouldn’t be hot cross buns then ;) They would taste just fine :)

This is a typical recipe. You will have to use google to convert the measurements into cups
Thanks Linda.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Monday Morning All

We are on day 4 of our lockdown. And we are still sane for now. Thank goodness.

I was supposed to mow the lawn yesterday but decided to take a lazy day. So on the agenda for today is lawn mowing.

I also need to give the house a good clean and sterilize everything as well. So it will be a busy day.

Chat later. And have a good Monday.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone! It’s been awhile.

I’ve been very busy with exams, adding a new animal to the family and working at the rspca.

How’s everyone coping with staying at home at the moment?
Hey Ben, good to hear from you!
Staying at home for me hasn't been much of a problem for me. After getting out of the assisted living facility, I really haven't had much of a lifestyle.
Hope you are handling it well.

Last edited:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well...you should claim it's an essential service for Opo your pet puppy eyed tortoise. You can always do social distancing as a shout out easily from 6 ft.
Your right! If it was ok for spring breakers to come and fill the beaches. 3 or 4 workers in my backyard will be no big deal.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
A lively 61 years...and Yes he is a blessing. It's like chasing a toddler around though to keep him out of trooouble and he's a lot bigger. Half the time I'm laughing my head off while trying to explain that he needs to behave himself...oh my garsh.
Sounds like you're a blessing for Joe also!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ate up and gunned up the whole bottom of the tank! We have cars at work that that E85 and the state wanted us to use it. Fast forward 6 months and 8 cars in the shop already for vapor lock after sitting more than 3 days! Don’t park your car with E85 and go on a long vacation!
I use a gas treatment called Seafoam. You can get it at any auto parts or Walmart. It works fantastic for boats. Just put 3 or 4 cap fulls in the tank of your generator, lawnmower, powerwasher etc. Then run the motor to get the treated fuel to the carb. On cars I use the whole can.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Went out in the yard & cut a clean bushel of fresh grass & picked a ton (50) nice yellow dandelion blossoms. The Reptilian lawn mower in the basement (Ms Sully) needs feeding! She loved the grass, flowers & occasional leaf bits. I mixed in some kale & mazuri & all is good.

It was rainy & foggy & chilly this morning. About an hour ago, the rain moved along, a front moved in & bright warm sunshine!
I hated dandelions in Michigan. Now I would love them to grow wild in Florida.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I hated dandelions in Michigan. Now I would love them to grow wild in Florida.

Most of our neighbors treat their grassy lawns, but my treatment for lawn is just to go picking nice yellow blossoms of free food. We have dramatically cut down our grocery store runs, so I’m glad that the dandelions are up & blooming.
Luckily, we’ve had lots of rain, so I’m not too concerned about drifting sprays.

Last year I let some nice patches of “lawn” grow wild. Filled up nicely with tall grasses & clovers. Lots of free food now all Summer & into early Fall. Might as well take advantage of it all. Grasses, weeds, hibiscus, rose of sharon, grape leaves & banana leaves too. All good stuff. ???