COLD DARK ROOM

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
We are all fine, college was closed over a week ago now. I got my results back for my biology exam, did very well in that. Still waiting for my welfare exam results. My maths exams have been cancelled as far as I know. It depends what happens really.

The rescue is still allowing a few volunteers in to help but we are all assigned to different rooms. Before the lockdown they assigned new volunteers to work with me, I helped with the animals they were unsure about such as the large boas and pythons.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Too bad the NFL or Big Ten (or Premier League) can’t replay some football games all week long... i can only chop so many trees, cut so much grass, turn so many wooden things Or paddle so many miles. Then i need a game or two to sit & watch.
I wish it was warm enough here to take the kayaks out and do some fishing! Soon enough

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello roomies

Sorry it’s been a few days since I was last able to pop in. I hope all is as well ascan be expected in your corners of the world.

News from Kent is mixed.

We have had our own brush with probable covid19 in the last few days. Daughter got ill on Tuesday. Fortunately this has been relatively mild.

It was a very sudden onset. She complained of pressure on her chest at lunchtime and, within the hour, her temperature sky-rocketed.

She has had fever, aches and pains, particularly neck and headache, exhaustion and the pressure on her chest but hardly any cough.

After a rough Thursday night, she started to improve on Friday and in the evening was moaning that she was bored. Yesterday her colour had returned.

She’s been isolated in her bedroom throughout and Son has been using our en suite bathroom so she has the main bathroom to herself too. Meals delivered outside her bedroom door. She’s staying in her bedroom under government guidelines until next Tuesday.

We, of course, are in quarantine now until Tuesday week. We are all fit so far. ?

JoesDad is making steady progress with the pond. The subsoil is heavy clay with flints in it and is hard to dig. There’s no digging today because we keep having showers of hail.
View attachment 289148

Oh scary for all of you but I’m glad she’s already on the mend... hope that’s the end of it..
Your pond is looking great!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello everyone! It’s been awhile.

I’ve been very busy with exams, adding a new animal to the family and working at the rspca.

How’s everyone coping with staying at home at the moment?
Hello Ben! All is good. Glad to see you pop in... how is your schooling affected by the Covid19?

Never mind, I see the answer in the next post... cool snake though;~}

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello roomies

Sorry it’s been a few days since I was last able to pop in. I hope all is as well ascan be expected in your corners of the world.

News from Kent is mixed.

We have had our own brush with probable covid19 in the last few days. Daughter got ill on Tuesday. Fortunately this has been relatively mild.

It was a very sudden onset. She complained of pressure on her chest at lunchtime and, within the hour, her temperature sky-rocketed.

She has had fever, aches and pains, particularly neck and headache, exhaustion and the pressure on her chest but hardly any cough.

After a rough Thursday night, she started to improve on Friday and in the evening was moaning that she was bored. Yesterday her colour had returned.

She’s been isolated in her bedroom throughout and Son has been using our en suite bathroom so she has the main bathroom to herself too. Meals delivered outside her bedroom door. She’s staying in her bedroom under government guidelines until next Tuesday.

We, of course, are in quarantine now until Tuesday week. We are all fit so far. ?

JoesDad is making steady progress with the pond. The subsoil is heavy clay with flints in it and is hard to dig. There’s no digging today because we keep having showers of hail.
View attachment 289148
The pond looks really beautiful. I'll be thinking, praying for your daughter.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Joe sounds like a blessing. How old is Joe?
A lively 61 years...and Yes he is a blessing. It's like chasing a toddler around though to keep him out of trooouble and he's a lot bigger. Half the time I'm laughing my head off while trying to explain that he needs to behave himself...oh my garsh.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Fence comes Wednesday! Hopefully the governor doesn't close the state down before then. Opo is ready to run!
Well...you should claim it's an essential service for Opo your pet puppy eyed tortoise. You can always do social distancing as a shout out easily from 6 ft.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This one wasn’t a rescue, my friend breeds different boas. I wouldn’t be surprised if I adopt one from the rescue in the future:D
Well...I guess the more the merryier. What are they like as a pet? Are they happy with captivity? Many animals are really happier in captivity. I can see it in their eyes. So much for the born free theory. We all need each other.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Too bad the NFL or Big Ten (or Premier League) can’t replay some football games all week long... i can only chop so many trees, cut so much grass, turn so many wooden things Or paddle so many miles. Then i need a game or two to sit & watch.
We have soccer replays on British tv :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I bought a five pound sack of Good 'n Plenty a few weeks ago and when I realized I was going to eat the whole damn thing I decided to send the rest of the bag up to my sister in Oregon!. I love Good 'n Plenty, but NO ONE needs five pounds of the stuff in one day!!!
?that's hilarious. Were in the world did you find a 5lb bag of Good 'n Plenty? It's probably worth it's weight in gold now...well you did look out for your little sis

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm bored. It's windy and I hate the wind so I'm housebound. Guess I'll take a nap.
Same here butt...I'm just here sitting watching. High winds here. My step dad gave me some good advice once about high winds though. He said to put rocks in my pockets...