COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Hot cross buns? I remember that song from elementary school..... but I don’t actually know what they are... maybe like a cinnamon roll?

I too am grateful for the beautiful days and the family that I have... but they all need some more hobbies... preferably the ones I’m not doing at the time ?....
Whahaha. Yeah they need to find their own hobbies. And yes a hor cross bun is a mixed spices roll with raisins and citrus peel inside.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just realized I've eaten 2 pounds of m&m's since Tuesday; not sure if I should be proud or ashamed.
I bought a five pound sack of Good 'n Plenty a few weeks ago and when I realized I was going to eat the whole damn thing I decided to send the rest of the bag up to my sister in Oregon!. I love Good 'n Plenty, but NO ONE needs five pounds of the stuff in one day!!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello roomies

Sorry it’s been a few days since I was last able to pop in. I hope all is as well ascan be expected in your corners of the world.

News from Kent is mixed.

We have had our own brush with probable covid19 in the last few days. Daughter got ill on Tuesday. Fortunately this has been relatively mild.

It was a very sudden onset. She complained of pressure on her chest at lunchtime and, within the hour, her temperature sky-rocketed.

She has had fever, aches and pains, particularly neck and headache, exhaustion and the pressure on her chest but hardly any cough.

After a rough Thursday night, she started to improve on Friday and in the evening was moaning that she was bored. Yesterday her colour had returned.

She’s been isolated in her bedroom throughout and Son has been using our en suite bathroom so she has the main bathroom to herself too. Meals delivered outside her bedroom door. She’s staying in her bedroom under government guidelines until next Tuesday.

We, of course, are in quarantine now until Tuesday week. We are all fit so far. ?

JoesDad is making steady progress with the pond. The subsoil is heavy clay with flints in it and is hard to dig. There’s no digging today because we keep having showers of hail.
View attachment 289148
How old is your daughter? I hope she has a good recovery.
The pond is wonderful! Will you put a liner in once it is finished?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I bought a five pound sack of Good 'n Plenty a few weeks ago and when I realized I was going to eat the whole damn thing I decided to send the rest of the bag up to my sister in Oregon!. I love Good 'n Plenty, but NO ONE needs five pounds of the stuff in one day!!!
I haven't had those since I was a kid.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
O
Hello roomies

Sorry it’s been a few days since I was last able to pop in. I hope all is as well ascan be expected in your corners of the world.

News from Kent is mixed.

We have had our own brush with probable covid19 in the last few days. Daughter got ill on Tuesday. Fortunately this has been relatively mild.

It was a very sudden onset. She complained of pressure on her chest at lunchtime and, within the hour, her temperature sky-rocketed.

She has had fever, aches and pains, particularly neck and headache, exhaustion and the pressure on her chest but hardly any cough.

After a rough Thursday night, she started to improve on Friday and in the evening was moaning that she was bored. Yesterday her colour had returned.

She’s been isolated in her bedroom throughout and Son has been using our en suite bathroom so she has the main bathroom to herself too. Meals delivered outside her bedroom door. She’s staying in her bedroom under government guidelines until next Tuesday.

We, of course, are in quarantine now until Tuesday week. We are all fit so far. ?

JoesDad is making steady progress with the pond. The subsoil is heavy clay with flints in it and is hard to dig. There’s no digging today because we keep having showers of hail.
View attachment 289148
Oh no. I am sorry to hear that your daughter has it. But very glad that it is a mild case. Just be careful please.

I love the pond. Well done. Really nice job. Can't wait to see the end product.

Be safe.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Whahaha. Yeah they need to find their own hobbies. And yes a hor cross bun is a mixed spices roll with raisins and citrus peel inside.
Watch this space @EllieMay. I have time on my hands and 5e ingredients. I will be making them on Good Friday as is traditiona in the UK :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello everyone! It’s been awhile.

I’ve been very busy with exams, adding a new animal to the family and working at the rspca.

How’s everyone coping with staying at home at the moment?
Hello Ben

How are you? Hiw has the lockdown affected your studies and volunteering?

The recue where I volunteer is coping with staff only and has asked the volunteers to stay away for the time being. It’s going to be hard on the staff as baby bird season is starting. They got their first baby blackbird in at the weekend.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
All i watch on tv is sports and its been taken away from me! It hurts so bad! Help me!

Too bad the NFL or Big Ten (or Premier League) can’t replay some football games all week long... i can only chop so many trees, cut so much grass, turn so many wooden things Or paddle so many miles. Then i need a game or two to sit & watch.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
O

Oh no. I am sorry to hear that your daughter has it. But very glad that it is a mild case. Just be careful please.

I love the pond. Well done. Really nice job. Can't wait to see the end product.

Be safe.

Yikes....sorry to hear that news of your daughter! But, sounds like she’s on the mend! ?????

Pond looks great.... using a pre-cast liner or free form liner? Can’t wait!