COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Hi again managed to get up to speed with you all.
I am so glad not to read that anyone has the virus and that you are all well.

Our schools are shut so I'm home all day. I have to visit the local Aldi store every couple of days to stock up with Lola's food, because the weeds aren't grown enough yet. I don't take too long about it though and scurry back home asap. It wouldn't surprise me if I've had the virus having had 3 different coughs since end of October, but as we can't be tested yet I'm not taking chances. We aren't even supposed to visit our own families but there are families in my street who seem to be carrying on as normal with people coming and going all the time.

My brother starts radiotherapy next week and I have had to stay away from him for a while which is hard because he needs the stimulation and company - but he doesn't need covid 19 so best to stay away. He is still confused and blissfully unaware of how ill he is. The steroids he is on have been making him very anxious and agitated so he has to be sedated a few times but the docs have now reviewed and changed his meds so hopefully he will be calmer. It is very sad to see him so stressed.

The weather has been beautiful but still chilly in the mornings and evening for the last week which is great but means the nasty neighbours who aren't working now, are in the garden effing and blinding most of the day.:( Still - there are worse things to worry about now.

Lola is well and 'self isolating' for most of the time - he loves his cosy house.
I put him on the grass yesterday afternoon as it was very warm but he panicked and moved faster than he has for a long time and went straight back indoors into his den. ?
He is eating well but only if it is left inside his door!

I'll should be able to pop in more often now so hopefully will speak to you soon.
My thoughts are with you and your brother.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good Sunday All

The sun is rising and my fam are all still okay. Only 19 more days to go.
My hubby has been behaving himself but I think that I need to start getting him to do some stuff on the list that he has been ignoring for years on end. That way he will handle being house bound much better.

Yesterday I cleaned all the dead leaves off my Yukka Trees. It filled up 5 bags. ?

Today I will be mowing the lawn. I have already made some hot cross buns. From one of those premixed bags. I am just waiting for it to rise before baking it. Hopefully they come out nicely.

Anyway. Enjoy your Sundays.

Hot cross buns? I remember that song from elementary school..... but I don’t actually know what they are... maybe like a cinnamon roll?

I too am grateful for the beautiful days and the family that I have... but they all need some more hobbies... preferably the ones I’m not doing at the time ?....

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well i took your advice to get help from the liquor store.. Woke up this morning and they were tossing a football around smh. I dont know what went wrong

LMAO!!!

Rain oh we need rain here bad.
When is Opo gettin his fence? I have to raise Pickles fence up because he is getting so big! He likes his new digs though! His yard is now 20’x20’ with his heated box so he stays out full time...his confederate roses will be big and pretty this year. They are coming back from last year. I didn’t even know what the heck they were before!

Attachments

• 920806F2-CBA0-479A-8F1D-10609B27C717.jpeg
    920806F2-CBA0-479A-8F1D-10609B27C717.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
LMAO!!!

When is Opo gettin his fence? I have to raise Pickles fence up because he is getting so big! He likes his new digs though! His yard is now 20’x20’ with his heated box so he stays out full time...his confederate roses will be big and pretty this year. They are coming back from last year. I didn’t even know what the heck they were before!
Fence comes Wednesday! Hopefully the governor doesn't close the state down before then. Opo is ready to run!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Goodmorning everyone, I think I am all caught up here. 129 alerts thank God there was a lot of likes.
Hope everyone stays safe. We need rain here bad. Opo is getting into a summer routine. He never goes in his night box until it's time for bed. Hopefully I will weigh him today.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello roomies

Sorry it’s been a few days since I was last able to pop in. I hope all is as well ascan be expected in your corners of the world.

News from Kent is mixed.

We have had our own brush with probable covid19 in the last few days. Daughter got ill on Tuesday. Fortunately this has been relatively mild.

It was a very sudden onset. She complained of pressure on her chest at lunchtime and, within the hour, her temperature sky-rocketed.

She has had fever, aches and pains, particularly neck and headache, exhaustion and the pressure on her chest but hardly any cough.

After a rough Thursday night, she started to improve on Friday and in the evening was moaning that she was bored. Yesterday her colour had returned.

She’s been isolated in her bedroom throughout and Son has been using our en suite bathroom so she has the main bathroom to herself too. Meals delivered outside her bedroom door. She’s staying in her bedroom under government guidelines until next Tuesday.

We, of course, are in quarantine now until Tuesday week. We are all fit so far. ?

JoesDad is making steady progress with the pond. The subsoil is heavy clay with flints in it and is hard to dig. There’s no digging today because we keep having showers of hail.
0A1D12D3-B953-423C-8903-D0542EB8D91C.jpeg