COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Hi again managed to get up to speed with you all.
I am so glad not to read that anyone has the virus and that you are all well.

Our schools are shut so I'm home all day. I have to visit the local Aldi store every couple of days to stock up with Lola's food, because the weeds aren't grown enough yet. I don't take too long about it though and scurry back home asap. It wouldn't surprise me if I've had the virus having had 3 different coughs since end of October, but as we can't be tested yet I'm not taking chances. We aren't even supposed to visit our own families but there are families in my street who seem to be carrying on as normal with people coming and going all the time.

My brother starts radiotherapy next week and I have had to stay away from him for a while which is hard because he needs the stimulation and company - but he doesn't need covid 19 so best to stay away. He is still confused and blissfully unaware of how ill he is. The steroids he is on have been making him very anxious and agitated so he has to be sedated a few times but the docs have now reviewed and changed his meds so hopefully he will be calmer. It is very sad to see him so stressed.

The weather has been beautiful but still chilly in the mornings and evening for the last week which is great but means the nasty neighbours who aren't working now, are in the garden effing and blinding most of the day.:( Still - there are worse things to worry about now.

Lola is well and 'self isolating' for most of the time - he loves his cosy house.
I put him on the grass yesterday afternoon as it was very warm but he panicked and moved faster than he has for a long time and went straight back indoors into his den. ?
He is eating well but only if it is left inside his door!

I'll should be able to pop in more often now so hopefully will speak to you soon.
It is so nice to hear from you. I am glad that things are coming together for your brother. And yes it is terrible that you are not able to visit him because of the covid-19. Hang in there and we are thinking of you and your family.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
good Afternoon all! I tried to post a funny pic but the internet is just overloaded and crap ain’t working right... we had a rain come in and my cucumbers got some much needed water.. the rain brought a cool front which has been really nice.. I am slowly going crazy.. I love my family very much but I NEED my alone time...
Lol. My hubby so far has been well behaved. But i have found stuff to do to keep me busy. I actually think that i need to give him a few jobs to keep him busy. Mmm better put my thinking cap on. Only 19 more days to go. ( well hopefully)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Sunday All

The sun is rising and my fam are all still okay. Only 19 more days to go.
My hubby has been behaving himself but I think that I need to start getting him to do some stuff on the list that he has been ignoring for years on end. That way he will handle being house bound much better.

Yesterday I cleaned all the dead leaves off my Yukka Trees. It filled up 5 bags. ?

Today I will be mowing the lawn. I have already made some hot cross buns. From one of those premixed bags. I am just waiting for it to rise before baking it. Hopefully they come out nicely.

Anyway. Enjoy your Sundays.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes he's hilarious. He's profoundly deaf and developmentally "disabled" from birth because our mother got measles while pregnant. He has many birth "defects" besides that too. He should have died back then but he didn't! He's alive and being Joe...
Joe sounds like a blessing. How old is Joe?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good Sunday All

The sun is rising and my fam are all still okay. Only 19 more days to go.
My hubby has been behaving himself but I think that I need to start getting him to do some stuff on the list that he has been ignoring for years on end. That way he will handle being house bound much better.

Yesterday I cleaned all the dead leaves off my Yukka Trees. It filled up 5 bags. ?

Today I will be mowing the lawn. I have already made some hot cross buns. From one of those premixed bags. I am just waiting for it to rise before baking it. Hopefully they come out nicely.

Anyway. Enjoy your Sundays.
Your husband sounds like me.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
So I have some good news... I have a 10 yr old Chocolate lab (Reeses) that developed a cancerous mammary tumor. When I took her to the vet, it was very depressing because they didn’t think she would survive the surgery to remove the cancer. Her tumor was too “vascular”... She didn’t have any sick symptoms other than the tumor so we decided not to do anything.. Yesterday, I was playing with her and when I got to looking her over I noticed that her tumor had grown so much that it was going to ulcerate or bust through her skin. So off to the vet we went... I just couldn’t put her down so we made the decision to try the surgery with less than favorable odds... I brought a Cancer free dog home today:). It is a miracle that she is here. They had to cut her from chest to lady part so she has a LONG recovery but now she has years left! I have the graphic surgical pic but I’ll just show you a less disturbing one.. God is good folks!
That is such great news!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sometimes I can catch reflecting light with our household lights and sunshine. I'll bet Mark can give you better pointers though. I just use my cell phone and really don't know how to set even that camera. I just know that using the flash won't capture pictures of light. But here you go with the first version of Joe's understanding of dogs. There'll probably be more knowing Joe. I could tell he wasn't totally satisfied so he'll do more because he wants to. Since he's homebound, doing this helped him.View attachment 288965
That is great! How long does it take Joe to finish a picture?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good afternoon/evening all.
I have so many posts to read! My brother has been our priority and it's been hard to think about or concentrate on anything else for so long.
I do hope everyone here is OK and weathering out the Covid 19 storm, I have been thinking of you all and hoping you are all well. It is a very scary situation for the world.
I'll try to catch up with your posts.
Speak soon x
Hang in there Lyn, prayers for your brother.