COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Installed a new window today and got a new table top saw! Old one broke trimming down a piece of brick trim and took the piece with it! Got it from harbor freight and not too shabby heck of an upgrade- Hercules Job Site daw 10”. Just beat the rain coming in tonight and the zinnia starts are needing the rain!
I'm liking harbor freight more and more. Right now I can get a little led flash light that's free if I make a purchase. I already have one but I'll take another. And there's 20% off my purchase because I have that coupon too.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all.

Today‘s task has been pruning our Bramley apple tree. It may not be the correct time of year, but it desperately needed doing. It’s a big and very old tree and is actually in my neighbour’s garden, but we have an arrangement that he prunes his side and we do ours. The apples are cookers and there are always plenty for both families :)

JoesDad has mapped out the new pond with rope and been to the garden centre for the bits he needs to complete it just in case we go into lockdown and aren allowed out. Digging will start tomorrow.

image.jpg

I spoke with two friends on the phone today. Not great news from either of them. One has had Crohn’s Disease for years and is on immunu-suppressants. Her nurse daughter lives at home. My friend has moved out, with the dog, into her late father home because she cannot risk being infected with covid-19 by her family. :( The other is going into hospital tomorrow for a full hysterectomy as cancerous cells have been found. :(

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes, quarantine has given me so much time hehe
I'm busy trying to think of a way, to get my brother, to paint a picture for me@EllieMay and Cinder. Joe's been in lockdown(by me) for a week now. Tomorrow, our state has a stay home request by the governor. The painting will give my brother something he loves to do to do and he's at my mercy...?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The UK has gone into lockdown this evening For 3 weeks.

From this evening people must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.

Shops selling non-essential goods will be shut and gatherings in public of more than two people who do not live together prohibited.

Other premises including libraries, playgrounds and outdoor gyms, and places of worship must also close immediately. (Most have already)

Parks will remain open for exercise but gatherings will be dispersed.

The government is also stopping all social events, including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies - but funerals will be allowed.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I'm busy trying to think of a way, to get my brother, to paint a picture for me@EllieMay and Cinder. Joe's been in lockdown(by me) for a week now. Tomorrow, our state has a stay home request by the governor. The painting will give my brother something he loves to do to do and he's at my mercy...?
Please only pursue that if it brings him enjoyment!!! I will appreciate his art anytime you post it..

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy Monday, sunny days here but still blocked at home… :p
It was so dark and cloudy here. Tomorrow will be our first real day with a stay at home order in place. Thank God our governor finally made some crazy people think twice before they step outside. Things are looking up.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I had to go out twice this week for lung doctor stuff. My doc was really happy with my cat scan. Her and I had a wonderful time talking. She's expecting a little boy. It's pretty bad when your doctor appointment is fun. Even the girls weighing in etc were helping me get my girl talk in. I didn't get everything thing done today but I'll finish tomorrow...
Glad to hear the good outcome on your lungs. Like you said there's always tomorrow to finish stuff.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ok got my 2 new arms and leg today.
The 1 arm is controlled by a cable system that the harness fits around my back and opens the hook by moving my arm forward. 20200323_222607.jpg
Resized_20200323_223017.jpeg
The second arm has a utility hand on it to do general chores and lifting weights. It opens and closes with muscle control in my forearm. Also my hand that I already have with 15 different finger configurations can be attached to this arm.
Resized_20200323_223127.jpeg
It's hard to see but that is a sulcata on the arms. The photo takes away some of the detail.
The last is my new leg.
20200323_222409.jpg
20200323_222325.jpg
That's not really Opo.

Bébert81

Toulouse, France
The 1 arm is controlled by a cable system that the harness fits around my back and opens the hook by moving my arm forward. View attachment 288714
View attachment 288715
The second arm has a utility hand on it to do general chores and lifting weights. It opens and closes with muscle control in my forearm. Also my hand that I already have with 15 different finger configurations can be attached to this arm.
View attachment 288716
It's hard to see but that is a sulcata on the arms. The photo takes away some of the detail.
The last is my new leg.
View attachment 288717
View attachment 288719
That's not really Opo.
Amazing! ?
Even if it's no really Opo this is so nice, wow!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
The 1 arm is controlled by a cable system that the harness fits around my back and opens the hook by moving my arm forward. View attachment 288714
View attachment 288715
View attachment 288716
The last is my new leg.
View attachment 288717
View attachment 288719
That's not really Opo.

That’s SO cool! How does everything fit? Does it feel good to you? I sure hope that they are just perfect. You deserve that!