Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
Hola,
Hope everyone is doing well <3
I am currently back home (from JFK to AUH, landed tuesday)! It is currently my 5th day of self-quarantine since NYC is being hit very bad. wishingggg everyone the best :D stay home, it will save lives :) I am very excited to be out of self-quarantine soon and taking care of my tort and enjoying my free time !

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Wellllll... I did lots of chores this morning...put Cinder in the bath and gave her a good grooming....laundry, washed away my greys....then I loaded ATV ,dog, and kids and headed to the deer lease... we just needed to get out somewhere safe. Saw lots of pig sign.. also LOTS of wild prickly pear!

Wild prickly pear......for the sullys or no?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Long story short, last year a local garden center closed down after being in business for a long time. They had lots of sales to get rid of everything.... i bought a few too many things at once, including nice Astilbe, and didn't get them all planted. ☹️ I kept them watered & in the shade, but they looked nasty deadly brown by the end of Summer. Kept watering off and on all Fall. Now that Spring is springing.....look what survived!

Now, I need to get planting!

AACF4916-5007-4C8A-8D1A-1D15DA85A038.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hola,
I am currently back home (from JFK to AUH, landed tuesday)! It is currently my 5th day of self-quarantine since NYC is being hit very bad. wishingggg everyone the best :D stay home, it will save lives :) I am very excited to be out of self-quarantine soon and taking care of my tort and enjoying my free time !
Wow! So good to have you back safely. Long time no see!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hola,
Welcome back!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
This is the longest thread I have ever seen.
Hello and welcome to the CDR! :)

We’re an international bunch of idiots /friends here who sometimes talk tortoise and fairly regularly talk puns and nonsense.

Pull up an armadillo and the one-legged pirate will be along shortly to bring you your beverage of choice. The big armadillo is called Montgomery and is a very obliging coffee table, especially if you dust him or tickle him under the chin.

It’s rather gloomy in here, but the flying jellyfish glow a little brighter when you polish them. The blueberry ones seem to be glowing brightest at the moment.

Watch your step; it’s easy to stub your toe on the hedgehogs in the gloom. The wool spider, if she exists, seems to be in a better mood since we locked the leprechaun in a jellyfish tank. The snow leopard is very friendly and eats carrots :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all. It’s bright and sunny outside, but there’s a real chill in the wind so you need to wrap up warm.

We installed a new rain butt today so there will probably be a drought from now on ?

Our six gold barbs have now been joined by 8 Harlequins and 2 Panda Corydoras. It’s good to have the aquarium running again.

It’s Mothering Sunday here in the UK, so my family will be cooking a nice dinner.

My sister and I got my Mum set up on Skype on her iPad so she can now have face-to-face conversations with us rather than just talking on the phone. We hope this will help her to feel less isolated at this difficult time.

I have joined Facebook groups for the towns where my Mum and my In-laws live. If there’s a lockdown, we want to know what community support is available for them and Facebook seems to be the place where it’s happening in this country. The group for where we live is really active and very useful.

Tomorrow we are starting to dig a garden pond. That’ll keep us out of mischief :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hola,
Cool you'll have time to chat.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Aag
Good afternooning all. It’s bright and sunny outside, but there’s a real chill in the wind so you need to wrap up warm.

We installed a new rain butt today so there will probably be a drought from now on ?

Our six gold barbs have now been joined by 8 Harlequins and 2 Panda Corydoras. It’s good to have the aquarium running again.

It’s Mothering Sunday here in the UK, so my family will be cooking a nice dinner.

My sister and I got my Mum set up on Skype on her iPad so she can now have face-to-face conversations with us rather than just talking on the phone. We hope this will help her to feel less isolated at this difficult time.

I have joined Facebook groups for the towns where my Mum and my In-laws live. If there’s a lockdown, we want to know what community support is available for them and Facebook seems to be the place where it’s happening in this country. The group for where we live is really active and very useful.

Tomorrow we are starting to dig a garden pond. That’ll keep us out of mischief :)
Aagh yes, happy Mum’s Day!

Did you clean out/up your tank before the long holiday trip?

I’m sure you will provide regular updates on the pond!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Aag

Aagh yes, happy Mum’s Day!

Did you clean out/up your tank before the long holiday trip?

I’m sure you will provide regular updates on the pond!
When the prrvious residents of the tank departed, we left the tank running. We cleaned it out, turned off the lights and then blacked it out using aquarium with aquarium backing sheet so that algae growth was inhibited.

When we got back from our travels the whole thing was crystal clear, so we did a partial water change and let it run in before introducing the first fish :)

It still looks rather empty in the tank, but they’ll grow and we will add more fish.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Daughter baked a cake. Please take your share. Electronic cake isn’t fattening :)
View attachment 288626
I actually baked some brownies yesterday. I'm so happy. I actually did them like I used to. I haven't been baking like that for a long time. I've had to relearn to get them to turn out my particular way. Your daughters cake reminds me of spring...and looks delicious.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Installed a new window today and got a new table top saw! Old one broke trimming down a piece of brick trim and took the piece with it! Got it from harbor freight and not too shabby heck of an upgrade- Hercules Job Site daw 10”. Just beat the rain coming in tonight and the zinnia starts are needing the rain!