COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I was so glad for that painting. I'm never sure how much he's comprehending. So I guess Joe's getting it. Right now he's in lockdown for safety. If you want a caricature, I still have your address. What's those beedy little wheels thinking??

Well Cinder of course, but anything he’d like to do! Show him any of my critter pics or just whatever inspires him...Razberri looks like a great subject too! I will gladly send him anything he needs to work with. His art is a gift. I can even do a print from here... Joe draws, you post, I print;-)) ( that’s what happened to the other) lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well Cinder of course, but anything he’d like to do! Show him any of my critter pics or just whatever inspires him...Razberri looks like a great subject too! I will gladly send him anything he needs to work with. His art is a gift. I can even do a print from here... Joe draws, you post, I print;-)) ( that’s what happened to the other) lol
I already figured out what I think you would enjoy. I just have to find the picture again. Joe always does his take on subjects no matter what I ask. He's hilarious!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's a grey ugly day today. So I fed, watered and picked up poop then came back in the house and made a fire in the wood stove.

I may box up some more books to take to the library, but I'm thinking the library is probably closed for the duration.

I ordered a clear vinyl runner to put over the carpet in front of my Vision cages in the "reptile room," and it came yesterday. When I opened the package it was rolled up tight. And there's no sun today to get it to lay flat. Oh woe is me.

Monday my two little kittens are going to the vet for snip, snip! He keeps the females overnight, but the males come home same day. Rusty will be lost without his little sister. When one of them finds a place to go to sleep and the other one doesn't know where he is, he/she walks around the house meowing, looking for him/her.

Then I'll stop off at the feed store for a bale of orchard grass hay. I just called them and they have some.

So what are you all up to today?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Our Warm blast of air from Florida yielded temps in the low 80’s here yesterday, BUT it was short last. Once that front passed through, it made way for a cold wintry blast. Temps are about 25 degrees cooler than yesterday. ?

Too hot n muggy yesterday to work outside, today too chilly & windy. ☹️ Ive been working part time on a larger piece of Cherry wood to add to the “collection”. It’s much larger than the previous little bud vases & tea light holders, might make a good kitchen utensil holder or a potted plant vessel or a spitoon.

Not too shabby from a roadside chunk of tree branch...

A6B592EC-35F8-4C66-8656-1942581DEB71.jpeg614BBB2C-9C7D-4A67-B629-D2228E499C06.jpeg6F9A9467-696E-4B76-A8CC-370E15B7550B.jpeg490F028F-4DB0-469A-ABF3-F2E0F9BF7901.jpeg07AFFE57-2EDB-47B8-A481-EB0F5429E8FA.jpeg

Just applied some natural Danish oil. Will apply a few coats of oil, some bees wax polish, then separate it from its base.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Lawn & Garden Work. Finished cutting the front lawn, it’s perfect time for weeds to be growing & spewing seeds. So, we put the bagger on & clipped it low. Lots of fresh grass & weed clippings for our Sully ‘til she gets outside. Our Spring onions are now pushing up out of the ground, ‘bout an inch tall now. We’ll soon have more scallions than we know what to do.

Ive put a few ads in our local on-line community newsletter for the sale of Red Wriggler worms! Ive made a whopping $15.00 now! Whooo hoooooo.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's a grey ugly day today. So I fed, watered and picked up poop then came back in the house and made a fire in the wood stove.

I may box up some more books to take to the library, but I'm thinking the library is probably closed for the duration.

I ordered a clear vinyl runner to put over the carpet in front of my Vision cages in the "reptile room," and it came yesterday. When I opened the package it was rolled up tight. And there's no sun today to get it to lay flat. Oh woe is me.

Monday my two little kittens are going to the vet for snip, snip! He keeps the females overnight, but the males come home same day. Rusty will be lost without his little sister. When one of them finds a place to go to sleep and the other one doesn't know where he is, he/she walks around the house meowing, looking for him/her.

Then I'll stop off at the feed store for a bale of orchard grass hay. I just called them and they have some.

Poor little babies. You might have to have a sleeping baby with you tonight for quiet time. I'm having a quiet day sewing while baby sitting too. No humans thank God.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Lawn & Garden Work. Finished cutting the front lawn, it’s perfect time for weeds to be growing & spewing seeds. So, we put the bagger on & clipped it low. Lots of fresh grass & weed clippings for our Sully ‘til she gets outside. Our Spring onions are now pushing up out of the ground, ‘bout an inch tall now. We’ll soon have more scallions than we know what to do.

Ive put a few ads in our local on-line community newsletter for the sale of Red Wriggler worms! Ive made a whopping $15.00 now! Whooo hoooooo.
If you're growing worms you need a pet wabbit.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Wellllll... I did lots of chores this morning...put Cinder in the bath and gave her a good grooming....laundry, washed away my greys....then I loaded ATV ,dog, and kids and headed to the deer lease... we just needed to get out somewhere safe. Saw lots of pig sign.. also LOTS of wild prickly pear!