COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Thnx... so guess what??? The dang mistletoe toe clusters are slam full of berries now.... but they are very HIGH!!! Ughhh... I wish I wouldn’t have cut the first one down but I’m gonna get you some more... how did the ones I sent survive in the mail???

Survived in the mail perfectly fine. These might have been too small, “immature” young berries for next Fall. Berries growing now should grow all year I think....and be ready in Winter again.

Here’s a pix of mistletoe just starting to attach & grow from a berry “stuck on” a limb by this UK gardener.

FED2D3CE-49DF-466A-ADF5-BC03C0D7AFF0.jpeg

Last edited:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Survived in the mail perfectly fine. These might have been too small, “immature” young berries for next Fall. Berries growing now should grow all year I think....and be ready in Winter again.

Here’s a pix of mistletoe just starting to attach & grow from a berry “stuck on” a limb by this UK gardener.

View attachment 288474
That’s really neat... we are getting flooded right now but it’s supposed to move out tomorrow so I will try to find some that I can get down.... then I’ll want to see it attaching to something in Maryland!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
For those Corona Virus watchers, here’s a great web site that is updated real-time by Johns Hopkins University. It’s gone up by 1000 (worldwide) in the last hour alone.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all. I have been busy moderating on my other forum. No nastiness, just a busy time for IT folk and getting everything into the right place takes time.

My news:

1. I had a desperately needed haircut. My hair is so thick that I need it thinning every 6 weeks. I went 9 weeks before this one!

2. We have fish again! Half a dozen golden barbs to restart our aquarium :)
image.jpg

3. Both son and daughter are returning home tonight. They are both working from home for the foreseeable future and they’ll have more space and company here. Also daughter‘s flatmate is a paramedic and if she’s on night shift, daughter would be stuck at home and having to creep round by day.

The UK is gradually shutting down. All restaurants, bars, cafes and pubs must shut down after tonight apart from takeaway food and drink. Clubs, theatres, cinemas and gyms will follow suit. Schools close today for education and will stay open as care facilities for children of keyworkers (including delivery drivers, transport workers, utility company staff and emergency services)

These are difficult times. Look after yourselves.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Yaayyyyyy how exciting... I’m a bit envious that you can just run to an “LLL reptile” though...must be nice ! Lol
I’m positive y’all will do fine. How is the new tortoise yards growing??
We are very lucky to live so close!
The little thing just arrived! He’s super cute!!
He’s climbing on the top screen. Makes me nervous.
The tort yards are doing great!! All this rain has brought so many weeds and grasses!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Good afternooning all. I have been busy moderating on my other forum. No nastiness, just a busy time for IT folk and getting everything into the right place takes time.

My news:

1. I had a desperately needed haircut. My hair is so thick that I need it thinning every 6 weeks. I went 9 weeks before this one!

View attachment 288489

3. Both son and daughter are returning home tonight. They are both working from home for the foreseeable future and they’ll have more space and company here. Also daughter‘s flatmate is a paramedic and if she’s on night shift, daughter would be stuck at home and having to creep round by day.

The UK is gradually shutting down. All restaurants, bars, cafes and pubs must shut down after tonight apart from takeaway food and drink. Clubs, theatres, cinemas and gyms will follow suit. Schools close today for education and will stay open as care facilities for children of keyworkers (including delivery drivers, transport workers, utility company staff and emergency services)

Really clear looking water there!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh th

That’s amazing! You tell Joe to keep them coming... Does he need me to send him any supplies? Can he do caricature portraits??? Oh yes..... the wheels are turning ?
I was so glad for that painting. I'm never sure how much he's comprehending. So I guess Joe's getting it. Right now he's in lockdown for safety. If you want a caricature, I still have your address. What's those beedy little wheels thinking??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My "baby" Cloud, 7 months old and 4,6kg enjoying his first excursion outside after castration...
He really like water and he is quite tall so the vet think he have some primitive blood. :)

He's so beautiful! I've never seen a cat that is marked like a tabby yet also marked like some type of calico also.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

My news:

View attachment 288489

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Glad you got your haircut! Those things make all the difference sometimes... it’s been a rough day here. I made the difficult decision to make my daughter quit her job.. she was pretty upset but I couldn’t see not eliminating any possible unnecessary exposure to the virus...she explained my feelings to her manager and he was good enough to tell her to come back when things changed...