COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Here snaky snaky. Says the Cat.

Come and get me, I dare you!! says the snake.

And who will come out on top? Come back tomorrow for more updates on the ongoing saga between the cat and the snake.
Well...every cat or dog I ever met just lets their beloved pet(me) deal with the snakes. Of course, they do their duty, and say hay there's a snake out and about...but they expect me to give the snake the boot.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
My house kitty loves showing me if I have a bug in my home... He's a good bug hunter...buuttt I'm the one that has to deal with it...cause he's a scaredy cat.
Mine is the exact same!! He finds bugs then screams at them until I come remove them. And he’s got a set of lungs on him!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Morning All,

Driving to work today was a breeze, hardly anybody on the roads today. Although that is generally the case when it is school holidays and the government has shut down the schools a week earlier than they were supposed to.

I came home yesterday to Jarrod playing his guitar. Trying to teach himself how to play. Which is totally cool with me, it is always a good thing to learn something new and self taught is even better because you tend to learn better that way.

At least he won't be bored (I hope or maybe he is and that is why he is doing it).

Today is Thursday. So one day closer to Friday. Yayyyy.

Have a good one everyone.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello CDR!!
I haven’t been here forever and have seen a few of you on FB but Yvonne is on my mind. This whole COVID thing is so surreal and with my kids out of school for who knows how long. They are saying they may not go back this year. I worry about the elderly too and my little grandson who’s only 6mo. I’m not panicked but worried.
I hope everyone here is happy and healthy.
Glad you said hello. Hope you are doing well.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I sent a TWITTER “tweat” to Maryland‘s Governor yesterday recommending they quickly convert the MVA to COVID-19 testing centers. Plenty of parking, seating, individual kiosks inside coupled with a “take your number” system. I received a quick response from the Governor’s office saying......”good idea”. Tonight on NBC news, they singled out Maryland for converting MVA test centers to CV-19 testing locations.

✅? - I’ll take silent credit for this one.
Way to go Mark! You need to be on the administration's task force.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning everyone! Getting a little cabin fever because I am not going out in the public. 2 more weeks (April 1st) until the fence is installed in the backyard. Opo is ready, he is getting tired of his fenced in area. Wants out in the backyard all the time.
No rain forever so he goes right over to the neighbor's yard to graze. The grass is greener on the other side. It is hard for Rose to keep retrieving him.
Not sure how I am writing in bold letters. ???
Everyone stay safe with this virus.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning everyone! Getting a little cabin fever because I am not going out in the public. 2 more weeks (April 1st) until the fence is installed in the backyard. Opo is ready, he is getting tired of his fenced in area. Wants out in the backyard all the time.
No rain forever so he goes right over to the neighbor's yard to graze. The grass is greener on the other side. It is hard for Rose to keep retrieving him.
Not sure how I am writing in bold letters. ???
Everyone stay safe with this virus.
You too Ray, you too!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, today's Thursday, and that means I'm going to venture out into the germy world and do my shopping. I hope there's enough produce for me to feed my guys for a week, and I hope the shopping cart police don't get me for having too much produce in my cart! Thankfully I have enough meat and frozen stuff in my fridge to feed ME for a while, and enough T-paper and paper towels, so I don't need to buy anything but produce. Wish me luck.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Just back from a great morning kayaking on the local Patuxent River that forms a reservoir that was built years ago to provide the greater DC area with fresh water.

The turtles are up!

View attachment 288384
Mark, are you loving your new home? I think the last time I was here you had put your house on the market.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So glad to see you check in... been thinking about you! I am worried too. I think I made light if the situation at first but I see now that was wrong... I just plan to stay in and keep my brood close and hope the economy pulls through when it’s over.. stay safe Kathy!
I didn’t sign up for this homeschool stuff!!
We may not go back to school until fall?

I hope you’re kiddos and homestead are doing well!
My son gets his license next week!! We are praying the DMV doesn’t close, it takes about 3 months just to get an appointment.

it’s really hard to navigate the website on my phone! I really miss the app!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well, today's Thursday, and that means I'm going to venture out into the germy world and do my shopping. I hope there's enough produce for me to feed my guys for a week, and I hope the shopping cart police don't get me for having too much produce in my cart! Thankfully I have enough meat and frozen stuff in my fridge to feed ME for a while, and enough T-paper and paper towels, so I don't need to buy anything but produce. Wish me luck.
I do wish you lots of luck.. maintain your personal space! I also have to venture out. I’m waiting for my daughter to wake up so I can leave son home with her... I need to get out but I’m terrified to do so!!!