COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Hi, gang, hope everyone's well and their torts and turtles are happy and healthy.
Look what turned up in the post yesterday.
]
Thanks, Carol!
The candy cane is rather squished and you can see on the envelope where it's been though the ink of a franking machine or something. Golly.
Talking of late, Merry Christmas everybody and a Happy New Year.
Thanks to all of you who remembered me and sent a Christmas card, much appreciated.
This has all changed, new layout to the forum.
Feels uncomfortable, but I'm sure one would soon get used to it.
Anyway, I'm off out lemming hunting, wifey's practising her sleeping again and Tidgy's very proud having won a small prize as a runner up in an art competition where one had to draw something Megalodon related. Here is her effort.

Stay safe and take care all!
Lots of love and hugs,
Adam.

Hello Adam!

Nice to read you and glad you and the family are well. Come back when you can stay longer with your much missed humor!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I am hot pissed! Just had to cancel my San Diego trip (21-28) cause of this hysteria! One plus though wife just found a $3000 bottle of hand sanitizer hidden in the hall closet. Check eBay listing soon! The toilet paper I will be selling on the corner just DM me! Oh well gonna use that week to build my heated night box for my leopard!!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I am hot pissed! Just had to cancel my San Diego trip (21-28) cause of this hysteria! One plus though wife just found a $3000 bottle of hand sanitizer hidden in the hall closet. Check eBay listing soon! The toilet paper I will be selling on the corner just DM me! Oh well gonna use that week to build my heated night box for my leopard!!!!

LMFAO!!! There is always a silver lining right???

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello everyone!

We are back. We landed at London Heathrow at 04:30 this morning and it’s now 13:30 and we are a bit tired. (Understatement)

We have a had a fantastic adventure.

We flew to Singapore on January 22nd and spent 3 nights there coinciding unintentionally with Chinese New Year. Most of China appeared to be there... and coronavirus suddenly became a thing.

Our next stop was Melbourne, Australia, managing to arrive as the bushfire smoke died down, where we watched the Australian Open tennis and explored the city a little.

Them we flew to Auckland picked up a hire car and spent the next 5 weeks touring New Zealand and staying in motels.

Our route:
2C1C120D-538D-4113-8641-081F21065CC9.jpeg

While there coronavirus led to our planes home being cancelled and changed.

Our planned next move to Sydney, Australia was fine but the following 2 nights in Hong Kong became 2 nights on the Australian island of Tasmania (which looks small but is actually the size of England!)

And then we spent 24 hours in the air over 2 days flying Tasmania to Sydney, Sydney to Hong Kong, Hong Kong to London.

And here are some pictures of our tour.
67C60232-7994-48CA-B9FB-45C36C2F0614.jpeg
C29FFA68-BDAB-4452-924D-934BE2AED1EE.jpeg
0F360111-BA3D-49FE-B70C-E1297B29481C.jpeg
22BAECE4-8A07-4069-BDA5-8081CB2D4CBC.jpeg
Right now we are both a bit jetlagged and our brains are nit in gear. I’ll be back when I can think straight!

Hope you are all OK :) x

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello everyone!

We are back. We landed at London Heathrow at 04:30 this morning and it’s now 13:30 and we are a bit tired. (Understatement)

We flew to Singapore on January 22nd and spent 3 nights there coinciding unintentionally with Chinese New Year. Most of China appeared to be there... and coronavirus suddenly became a thing.

Our next stop was Melbourne, Australia, managing to arrive as the bushfire smoke died down, where we watched the Australian Open tennis and explored the city a little.

Them we flew to Auckland picked up a hire car and spent the next 5 weeks touring New Zealand and staying in motels.

Our route:
View attachment 287911

Our planned next move to Sydney, Australia was fine but the following 2 nights in Hong Kong became 2 nights on the Australian island of Tasmania (which looks small but is actually the size of England!)

And then we spent 24 hours in the air over 2 days flying Tasmania to Sydney, Sydney to Hong Kong, Hong Kong to London.

View attachment 287912
View attachment 287913
View attachment 287914
View attachment 287915
Right now we are both a bit jetlagged and our brains are nit in gear. I’ll be back when I can think straight!

Ohhhh those are fantastic. Welcome back!!!!

Bébert81

Toulouse, France
Hello everyone!

Our route:
View attachment 287911

View attachment 287912
View attachment 287913
View attachment 287914
View attachment 287915

Nice trip! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello everyone!

Our route:
View attachment 287911

View attachment 287912
View attachment 287913
View attachment 287914
View attachment 287915

Welcome home! You were missed.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello everyone!

Our route:
View attachment 287911

View attachment 287912
View attachment 287913
View attachment 287914
View attachment 287915

Wow......welcome back. You need a proper cuppa & a kitkat & a digestive biscuit or two. All will be fine.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
wa- wa.
- 10 points to Barbara after such a good start.
Excalibur is an awful English corruption of the name which changed many times, but was actually called:
Caledfwych which is Welsh for hard cut.
Caledfwych, near to Llangloffan, also my middle name!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I’m seeing on TWITTER per DOD insiders......that USA might soon impose a one week quarantine on EVERYTHING!

Trump is expected to make an emergency declaration and invoke authorities under the Stafford Act to respond to the Coronavirus later this afternoon, we are told. Details of the declaration were under discussion as of this morning.

➡️➡️ The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Stafford Act) is a United States federal law designed to bring an orderly and systemic means of federal natural disaster assistance for state and local governments in carrying out their responsibilities to aid citizens.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well...is your tp made in China?...hehehe

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Nope, no drying of the wood. Working with green wood is tricky & interesting. Pretty much have to complete the entire project in one go. It will soon dry, bend, maybe crack, but it’s all part of the art.
With basket weaving, I've tried different types of small limbs like Dogwood or willow and other not dried or dried. My first basket I made from weeping willow just to see if I could. Everything I read said you couldn't but I managed sooo...I kept playing around. It would be interesting to see what happens to cherry as it ages. Thanks for your input.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello everyone!

Our route:
View attachment 287911

View attachment 287912
View attachment 287913
View attachment 287914
View attachment 287915

Hello. I'm so glad you're back with us...not to begrudge you of such wonderful times? but missed you...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Just back from HomeDepot, no crowds! Everyone must be in line at Sams or WalMart! We were in the bathroom/kitchen area where I spotted large rolls of “shower pan” liner for sale....& I thought wow, this stuff is perfect for tortoise enclosure linings. At 40 mil thick, much thicker & durable than shower curtains or tarps, & cheaper than other products. Easy to cut, fold and tack up along the sides.

Here’s the product name...

9B6FFCF5-DD2C-4756-976C-2F1DDD07AE7C.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi all

My body clock is all over the place as you would expect. It’s been difficult to focus today.

We have caught up with the laundry and are mostly organised in the house now.

Daughter was due to fly to Japan tonight for a holiday. She was perfectly happy to go despite her employer requiring her to work from hime for a fortnight on return. However, the tour company offered to postpone the tour for 12 months for £150 and, with so much closed in Japan, she decided to take them up on it.

Meanwhile, son’s employer has told all staff to work from home and has closed their offices. They’re a design company and set up really well for remote working so it won’t make much difference to him apart from not having to commute to central London every day.

My in-laws have banned us from visiting them even after our planned self distancing is up. I am not upset by this prospect! ? They’re ordering their groceries online and going nowhere. I suspect they’re behind a barricade of toilet rolls ?