COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Thanks Cathy, it's good to have some time to read and chat with you all.
I hope your doing well with your work teaching and it's not been too too much. If I had more then one Joseph well...I'd be bald of my own doing. Once, you told me you admire me for not taking pain meds but I also admire you. You are a lady after my own heart.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good evening all finally caught up with the last weeks posts and pleased to see you are all well.
We have had another week of high winds and rain, it has been pouring down since yesterday and will continue until Storm Jorge finishes with us sometime on Sunday. The ground is so saturated everywhere. Flood warnings are in force for some areas again, but hopefully my area will be OK.

My brother had his brain surgery yesterday and I was amazed that within a couple of hours he was up and eating. He is still confused but that is to be expected with the swelling etc. He had an MRI today, but we don't yet know how much of the tumour they removed and what the prognosis is. It will take a couple of weeks for the histology results to come back , so we don't yet know how much of a recovery he will make or further treatment etc. He isn't out of the woods yet so still worrying times for us all. All being well he should be out of hospital by the middle of next week as they don't like to keep patients in too long because of transmission of diseases etc. - hospitals are definitely not healthy places to be!
So glad the surgery went well. Please tell him we're thinking of him and hoping for the best:

2832012yeqcpcjjnk.gif
[/url]​

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, between the long handled rake and the 6' extension on my leaf blower, I've done a SATISFACTORY job. . . not perfect, but satisfactory. I'm too tired to mess with it any further. I still blew the leaves up towards the middle instead of down and off the roof, but hopefully now that they're loose, the wind will take care of the rest (I never thought I would ever be hoping for wind - I HATE the WIND!!).

leaves on the roof b.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Well, between the long handled rake and the 6' extension on my leaf blower, I've done a SATISFACTORY job. . . not perfect, but satisfactory. I'm too tired to mess with it any further. I still blew the leaves up towards the middle instead of down and off the roof, but hopefully now that they're loose, the wind will take care of the rest (I never thought I would ever be hoping for wind - I HATE the WIND!!).

View attachment 287083

Nice job. Now that they are broken up & not all clumpy ... yes the wind should give you an assist!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I hope your doing well with your work teaching and it's not been too too much. If I had more then one Joseph well...I'd be bald of my own doing. Once, you told me you admire me for not taking pain meds but I also admire you. You are a lady after my own heart.
Thank you Cathy. It is a privilege to teach our children and they may not be able to grasp many of the basic skills we take for granted but they all have their own special talents. It has been pretty hard to concentrate in work while worrying about my brother but the kids have also a good distraction from the worry too. My headmaster is pretty good and I know that if necessary I could take time off, but hopefully all will be well and I won't need to do that.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

View attachment 287083
That's a pretty good job Yvonne! We have 40 -50 mph winds here at the moment that you're more than welcome too!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 287083
Maybe you'll get light breasy winds in March and a few April showers to finish it up. My step "elderly" dad said I need to put rocks in my pocket. That's just one reason "I HATE the WIND!!!!" too.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening all. The rain has eased for a while (not stopped completely but not as heavy) and the wind is howling around and down the chimney but hopefully that will be much calmer by this time tomorrow and then I think a quieter week is expected - thank goodness!!!!
Hope you are all having a good weekend so far.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you Cathy. It is a privilege to teach our children and they may not be able to grasp many of the basic skills we take for granted but they all have their own special talents. It has been pretty hard to concentrate in work while worrying about my brother but the kids have also a good distraction from the worry too. My headmaster is pretty good and I know that if necessary I could take time off, but hopefully all will be well and I won't need to do that.
Yep. Joseph is just as funny as my tortoise. I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have one or the other.