COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
EllieMay! You still have duckies ?
Sadly no:-( they were all swooped away by some predator in the sky... I moved them into my dog pen and the last two survived into adulthood.. and then the predator got brave enough to snatch them from there... NO evidence.. whatsoever... whatever it was must have been big though because the male duck was a huge gorgeous mallard... he was there one minute and i walked inside for 5 minutes and then he was gone...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sadly no:-( they were all swooped away by some predator in the sky... I moved them into my dog pen and the last two survived into adulthood.. and then the predator got brave enough to snatch them from there... NO evidence.. whatsoever... whatever it was must have been big though because the male duck was a huge gorgeous mallard... he was there one minute and i walked inside for 5 minutes and then he was gone...
I'll bet he realized he could fly off to parts unknown.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I just did a offer online for books on hydroponics. I used PayPal and now I am holding my breath. I don't have a good feeling about this.
I order online here and there. I think using PayPal isn't risky. I haven't had trouble even using a credit card on eBay or Amazon. The other side is any business can be hacked, so legitimate businesses try to keep their customers happy.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I would like to believe that:) wherever he went, his mate went too the very next day. I’m a failure as a duck protector!!! I should have kept them penned but I really wanted them to be free...
Ducks are nuts. I raised a bunch of babies once and happened to be there when one of them realized he could fly. He buzzed past my head to say goodbye...it wasn't one of those born free moments. It was I'm free and you can't stop me.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
An offer? Like from eBay or some other vendor? Ive used PayPal for many many purchases. If there’s an issue they will work with you to get your money back.
From one of those ads that are on FB.
I lucked out on the cactus. I need to cut the backside a little for the fence to be installed.

Bee62

Germany
I absolutely love what I call brain storming. You call it brain-training. It makes me think. I actually enjoy someone that tells me their real thoughts.:)
When I write here I have to think in English and it works. Please believe me that I seldom use a translator for a singel word I don`t know. A good way to learn new vocabulary too.

Bee62

Germany
You must try keeping geese ! They are too big to be snatched away easily.:)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
When I write here I have to think in English and it works. Please believe me that I seldom use a translator for a singel word I don`t know. A good way to learn new vocabulary too.
That's one of the things I really like here on the TFO. Sometimes the translator gets mixed up and sends something totally wrong. I'd rather try to decipher someone's limited English then to have the translator miss quote me. That caused a problem for a young lady from Italy that I was friends with on Facebook. We both enjoyed rabbits and I congratulated her on her new baby bunnys. I can't even imagine what the translator said but WE decided it was best to not talk. After we talked about it we did part as friends but not on Facebook. I can't speak Italian and she couldn't speak English but we still had fun while it lasted.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy Monday! :)

In visited my parents where my Agrionemys horsfieldii are living in an outdoor enclosure. They woke up of hibernation and are eating a lot! :p
Very happy to see these faces again. :)
Congratulations. I'm still afraid to hibernate my little Russian... They must be really healthy little individuals. :) ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
You must try keeping geese ! They are too big to be snatched away easily.:)
We had some Canadian honkers when I was girl and they were MEAN! The walk in from the bus stop was like a secret spy mission trying to watch for the hissing attackers before they spotted you... no geese for me Mam!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Geese are loyal also, especially if you hatch and raise them. It could be an imprinting difference between the 2.
Get some swans. Growing up my Grandpa's buddy would let us fish on his pond, but prior to us going out to fish he would have to introduce us to the swans so they wouldn't attack us!